VA verifies NON viability of the king's rx...

22 Apr 2020 18:31 #11 by hillfarmer
I see the far right on this forum continues it valiant effort to defend the Orange one’s crazy lies and distortions. Interesting to see that the established right wing pundits have dropped their support for this particular RX. Come on guys... you gotta keep up!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Apr 2020 19:00 #12 by ramage
Chuck Ross

@ChuckRossDC
Oh, so it didn't just start over hydroxycholoroquine. www.politico.com/news/2020/04/22/hhs-ous...-threat-grows-201642
View image on Twitter

3:10 PM - Apr 22, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Attachments:

23 Apr 2020 06:44 #13 by homeagain
Having worked in corp America...for almost 2 decades,I KNOW the M.O. for moving people around, OR the method of messing with the employee till THEY make the decision to leave.....the
SAME method is utilized in gov.

THE KING.... keeps score.....his famous TV reality retort....YOU ARE FIRED.....oh my,what a surprise he didn't even know the guy....could be,could be not.....could work or maybe not,TRY IT
WHAT DO HAVE TO LOOSE? His cavalier and callous comments are alarming and WILL
accelerate the continuing chaos of this fubar. U AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET.

23 Apr 2020 12:34 #14 by Pony Soldier

ramage wrote: Not sure what the JAMA citation has to do with HCQ. the study concerns the ocular problems in patients with Covid-19, says nothing with regard to their treatment.
I found the original citation regarding HCQ rx and found it interesting that the death rate in this study , in the VA hospital in South Carolina, was over 19% which is roughly twice the death rate in NYC and multiple times greater than in the population in the U.S.
Does this say something about the VA system?

www.foxnews.com/science/covid-19-hydroxy...eaths-va-virus-study

"This was not a clinical trial. It is simply an analysis of retrospective data regarding hospitalized patients," she told Fox News, via email. "The findings should not be viewed as definitive because the analysis doesn’t adjust for patients’ clinical status and showed that hydroxychloroquine alone was provided to VA’s sickest COVID-19 patients, many times as a last resort."

Despite this disclaimer, this one set of findings is being universally touted as proof that HCQ doesn't work for COVID-19. Funny how we pick and choose what we believe, no?

23 Apr 2020 12:49 #15 by hillfarmer

FredHayek wrote: So should they stop using it on Malaria and Lupus patients too?

These are not logically equivalent, Each has its own medical trade off. It is not recommended for Corona virus because the rate of death is greater using the drug than not using t.

23 Apr 2020 12:50 #16 by Pony Soldier

hillfarmer wrote:

FredHayek wrote: So should they stop using it on Malaria and Lupus patients too?

These are not logically equivalent, Each has its own medical trade off. It is not recommended for Corona virus because the rate of death is greater using the drug than not using t.

In one study that was not even a scientific study. It was an examination of data from VA deaths around the country.

23 Apr 2020 15:06 #17 by ramage
Hillfarmer,
I would appreciate your answer to this hypothetical question. You have signs and symptoms of Covid-19 and subsequently test positive. Your physician recommends that you take HCQ/AZ.
Will you say no thank you? Your answer being no I will not take the medication recommended, what will you do?

23 Apr 2020 16:13 #18 by homeagain
My understanding is the antibiotic z is the problem......the combo is NOT recommended....AGAIN
just because it is a malaria cure does NOT equate to usage for a new and not understood virus.

23 Apr 2020 17:20 #19 by ramage
HA,
When one gets a viral infection, often the physician will recommend an antibiotic (azithromycin) as a preventative against a secondary infection, i.e. bacterial. The VA citation that you referenced is replete with omissions. I was going to say errors of omission but I will give the authors some slack.
The same question that I asked of Hill Farmer, I ask of you. No need for me to repeat it.

23 Apr 2020 17:46 #20 by homeagain

ramage wrote: HA,
When one gets a viral infection, often the physician will recommend an antibiotic (azithromycin) as a preventative against a secondary infection, i.e. bacterial. The VA citation that you referenced is replete with omissions. I was going to say errors of omission but I will give the authors some slack.
The same question that I asked of Hill Farmer, I ask of you. No need for me to repeat it.

ONE OF THE REASON we have a severe problem with antibiotic resistance and the killing of
'GOOD' gut bacteria....gut bacteria that is beneficial is mandatory for health....dr. have OVER
prescribed this because their patients demand it.....thereby exacerbating the problem we now have....disease resisitng the treatment...my MOLST states NO ANTIBIOTICS,for good reason
the end result is NOT beneficial when U are in critical care/ICU....diarrhea and gut issues.

NO I would not take the combo.....

www.biospace.com/article/china-clinical-...esn-t-help-covid-19/

NO HELP IN ABATING THE SYMPTOMS .....more harm than good. NOW if the patient
was willing to be a human guinea pig,with full understanding...THAT is a different story.

REMEMBER.....first do no harm.....

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds