Questions With Easy Answers

16 Jul 2020 07:21 #11 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: VERY broad question....1. what/how was the money used and for what period of time? Was it brought up to
the city council and did it require a ballot issue? Our police dept has a limit in what can be used as discretionary budget amt. it does NOT HAVE the authority to pull vast sums of money.... the question is
difficult to answer, too vague.

No ballot issue, and the money just goes somewhere else but not to police. The Mayor just declares it and it's done. Still no answer?

[/b]

WELL NOW, my husband and I have extensive experience (on a local level) regarding TRANSPARENCY .

Our city council ,Mayor AND CITY MANAGER have been moving money around for years, the community
has been VERY VOCAL (most recently)that they want to be informed via meetings, (altho council is NOT
required to address concerns verbally when topics are bought up by the community)....they sit and listen
for 3 minutes and move on.

The issue came to a head this year because a dozen or so people NAILED the council to the wall, they
(council) are battling a PR nightmare...because eyes are NOW on their every move....in fact, the Mayor
is NOW in a lawsuit over illegal collection of monies from a local business..small town politics, much like
BAILEY .

The answer is to be involved and KNOW what your city officials are doing.....because most people are living paycheck to paycheck and are NOW staring down the dark tunnel of being tanked financial ....they
have not put this at the top of the list....rightfully so.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jul 2020 07:27 #12 by Pony Soldier

If I’m the mayor of a big city and pull a whole lot of money out of my police department, would I be justified in demanding federal help when my city becomes overrun with criminal scumbags?

Just a reminder of what the question was since your answer had no relevance to the question.

16 Jul 2020 07:41 - 18 Jul 2020 07:51 #13 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Questions With Easy Answers
Obvious, but thank you. The best way to answer a question you can't answer honestly is to just ramble on and hope the question goes away.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

16 Jul 2020 07:51 #14 by homeagain

Pony Soldier wrote:

If I’m the mayor of a big city and pull a whole lot of money out of my police department, would I be justified in demanding federal help when my city becomes overrun with criminal scumbags?

Just a reminder of what the question was since your answer had no relevance to the question.

AGAIN. broad question....WHY/WHERE WAS MONEY ALLOCATED FOR/TO? Makes a difference,IF legitimate move and $$$ was utilized for crucial cause....( and could be PROVEN was critical) then YES
requesting more money would be acceptable...VERY vague hypothetical,re defining the question would
be helpful.

16 Jul 2020 08:00 #15 by Rick
Here's another one we should all know..

Between now and election day, will Joe Biden be asked ANY hard questions by ANY major news network?

Hard questions would include asking what he has accomplished in 40+ years of government "service" and if he has the answers to our problems, why didn't he push to implement those answers when he was VP? Another one that won't be asked but would be if he was Trump is how did his son make so much money in Ukraine and China?

If Biden is ever asked a hard question, please let me know in this thread.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

16 Jul 2020 08:01 - 16 Jul 2020 08:01 #16 by Pony Soldier
I'll ask my own then since you want specifics. If I were the mayor of Minneapolis and defunded the police force as an acquiescence to demands by looters, arsonists and thugs and then asked the federal government for aid to rebuild what damage I had caused by said defunding, would I be justified?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick

16 Jul 2020 08:06 #17 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

Pony Soldier wrote:

Obvious, but thank you. The best way to answer a question you can't answer honestly is to just ramble on and hope the question goes away.

[/b]
KINDA LIKE THE KING????......I usually require sufficient data to make decisions...(ask my doctor about
that little idiosyncrasy)

16 Jul 2020 08:09 #18 by homeagain

Pony Soldier wrote: I'll ask my own then since you want specifics. If I were the mayor of Minneapolis and defunded the police force as an acquiescence to demands by looters, arsonists and thugs and then asked the federal government for aid to rebuild what damage I had caused by said defunding, would I be justified?

THANK YOU for the clarification....then the answer would be a resounding NO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pony Soldier

16 Jul 2020 09:30 - 16 Jul 2020 10:21 #19 by HEARTLESS

Rick wrote: Here's another one we should all know..

Between now and election day, will Joe Biden be asked ANY hard questions by ANY major news network?

Hard questions would include asking what he has accomplished in 40+ years of government "service" and if he has the answers to our problems, why didn't he push to implement those answers when he was VP? Another one that won't be asked but would be if he was Trump is how did his son make so much money in Ukraine and China?

If Biden is ever asked a hard question, please let me know in this thread.

If hidin' Biden ever forms a complete coherent sentence, that will be news.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

16 Jul 2020 19:07 #20 by Rick

Pony Soldier wrote: I'll ask my own then since you want specifics. If I were the mayor of Minneapolis and defunded the police force as an acquiescence to demands by looters, arsonists and thugs and then asked the federal government for aid to rebuild what damage I had caused by said defunding, would I be justified?

Guess I have to spell these questions out with every detail, thanks for wording that in a way that HA is willing to answer and thank you HA for answering.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds