Questions With Easy Answers

14 Jul 2020 22:31 #1 by Rick
I figured I’d start this because I have a lot of questions that I never get honest answers to.

I’ll start with an easy one...,

If I’m the mayor of a big city and pull a whole lot of money out of my police department, would I be justified in demanding federal help when my city becomes overrun with criminal scumbags?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jul 2020 03:36 - 15 Jul 2020 03:39 #2 by HEARTLESS
Oh, oh I know this one. The answer is NO, unless your true agenda is fear for the ordinary people. It is one of the next moves of the Left. And always blame Trump.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

15 Jul 2020 04:22 #3 by HEARTLESS
And now for extra credit, release criminals early (lack of funding), wear masks (to stop a microscopic virus, or is it to hide faces?) and defund the police (because they are the problem?). All this to spread fear.

15 Jul 2020 06:18 #4 by homeagain
VERY broad question....1. what/how was the money used and for what period of time? Was it brought up to
the city council and did it require a ballot issue? Our police dept has a limit in what can be used as discretionary budget amt. it does NOT HAVE the authority to pull vast sums of money.... the question is
difficult to answer, too vague.

15 Jul 2020 06:30 #5 by Pony Soldier
And there you have it... speaking of not doing the work to be informed...

15 Jul 2020 06:32 #6 by homeagain

Pony Soldier wrote: And there you have it... speaking of not doing the work to be informed...

OK THEN U enlighten me, there are so many issues that are mass critical....

15 Jul 2020 06:41 #7 by Pony Soldier
The question was pretty specific and I can only think of a single instance where it would apply. Minneapolis. But you knew that.

15 Jul 2020 07:01 #8 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Questions With Easy Answers
IF the overrun is chronic, such as Chicago, Baltimore, Seattle, etc. The rule of the scumbags will be accepted as the norm by the mayors of the cities and actually refuse Federal aid, as in the case of Chicago.

15 Jul 2020 19:08 #9 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Questions With Easy Answers

homeagain wrote: VERY broad question....1. what/how was the money used and for what period of time? Was it brought up to
the city council and did it require a ballot issue? Our police dept has a limit in what can be used as discretionary budget amt. it does NOT HAVE the authority to pull vast sums of money.... the question is
difficult to answer, too vague.

No ballot issue, and the money just goes somewhere else but not to police. The Mayor just declares it and it's done. Still no answer?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Jul 2020 19:16 #10 by HEARTLESS
Washington, DC.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds