STATE AND LOCAL POLITICS

22 Jul 2020 17:39 #1 by ramage
I find it interesting that there is a lack of interest in what is happening at the State and local level at MyMountainTown.com. While we have discussed Trump, Biden etc. no mention is made of what our local and state politicians are doing.
In the words of Tip O'Neil "All politics is local."

No one seems to care about the fact that Polis issues edicts such as closing the bars at 10 PM, mandating the wearing of masks, and the ensuing lawsuits.

Let's start with naming our state representatives, House and Senate, and work up to the U.S House of Representatives and Senate. Do you have any idea on how they vote on issues before them? Do you even know who they are?

I'll start with mine. I am in Park County, at the Colorado level, House - James Wilson (R), Senate - Dennis Hisley (R). In the U.S. House - Joe Neguse (D). Have I ever met any of them? No. To the best of my knowledge the NE portion of Park County has not had any town halls or meetings with any of these individuals.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jul 2020 07:49 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic STATE AND LOCAL POLITICS
A decade ago (or over) it was ALWAYS on the radar (locally)....apparently LOCAL still is on another site.
With the CDOT changes for 285,AND the Light Lane project, U would think there would be a LARGE
thread on these topics. I posted one,but NO RESPONSE.

The old timers are on other sites OR have left the area....because Parkco resident WERE cantankerous
and vocal.

I know we are more AWARE, here in Montrose,BECAUSE we knew what/how things got done on the mt.

23 Jul 2020 08:14 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic STATE AND LOCAL POLITICS
10PM last call? Silliness. Are we like Gremlins if we drink after 10?

Evidence that Hickenlooper is a crook continues to come forth but watch, Colorado voters will choose the crook by 20 points because he is a Democrat.

Mayor Hancock says he doesn't want federal law enforcement in Denver but ANTIFA hoodlums continue to run wild downtown. Disrupting a pro-law enforcement rally with violence. Violence that the police were told to stand down from. What good are the police if they are told to not protect citizens.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 Sep 2020 15:47 #4 by ScienceChic
The content posted in this Forum is entirely the choice of each of the members here. If you'd like to post more of the local and state issues, bills being proposed, candidates running for seats, etc, please do - it would be most welcome. Especially as the election approaches.

We have a fabulous volunteer who posts the weekly Park County Board of County Commissioners Agendas to help keep us all informed of what's happening in ParkCo, if anyone is interested in doing the same for the Jefferson County Board of County Commissioners Meetings, please contact me. With my other responsibilities, it's been tough to keep up with. :)

We have most (hopefully all?) of the area special district meetings, political groups, board of county commissioner meetings, and any candidate meet n greets we know of all posted on our Community Calendar under the 'Politics' category - please add any events we are missing anytime.

Here are some of the resources to which I am subscribed to receive daily email alerts, or where you can find more info. Please add other resources you have!
leg.colorado.gov/agencies/house-of-representatives
leg.colorado.gov/agencies/senate
www.courts.state.co.us/Courts/Supreme_Court/
www.sos.state.co.us/pubs/elections/

www.jeffco.us/655/Clerk-Recorder
parkco.us/72/Clerk-Recorder
www.clearcreekcounty.us/104/Clerk-Recorder

News/nonpartisan sources:
My Mountain Town Politics List
www.canyoncourier.com/
jeffcotranscript.com/
www.goconifer.com/
www.evergreenchamber.org/
www.coloradopolitics.com/
coloradosun.com/
www.denverpost.com/
lwvjeffco.org/elections/
www.vote411.org/

Political Groups:
jeffcorepublicans.com/officials-candidates/
www.jeffcodems.org/

parkcogop.org/
parkdems.org/

www.cccgop.com/
www.clearcreekdems.org/

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 Nov 2020 21:07 #5 by ScienceChic
Jefferson County Unofficial 2020 Election Results

Clear Creek County Unofficial 2020 Election Results

Park County Unofficial 2020 Election Results

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

State of Colorado Unofficial 2020 Election Results (As of 9pm)
Presidential Electors: Biden/Harris (D)

U.S. Senator: John Hickenlooper (D)

Representative to the 117th United States Congress - District 1: Diana DeGette (D)

Representative to the 117th United States Congress - District 2: Joe Neguse (D)

Representative to the 117th United States Congress - District 5: Dick Lamborn (R)

Representative to the 117th United States Congress - District 7: Ed Perlmutter (D)

District Attorney - 1st Judicial District: Alexis King (D)

CO State Representative District 25: Lisa Cutter (D)

CO State Representative - District 60: Ron Hanks (R)

Amendment B: For
Amendment C: For
Amendment 76: For
Amendment 77: For
Prop EE: For
Prop 113: For
Prop 114: For
Prop 115: Against
Prop 116: For
Prop 117: For
Prop 118: For

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

17 Feb 2021 18:24 #6 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic STATE AND LOCAL POLITICS
Nothing to see here folks, just move along.

colordopeakpolitics.com 2/17/21

Free pass! Ethics board clears Denver mayor in Thanksgiving travel complaint
Feb 17, 2021
The teflon mayor skated away from the complaint he behaved in a manner contrary with the city’s code of ethics when he told employees and residents to stay home for Thanksgiving then hopped a plane south for the holiday.
Denver’s board of ethics ruled unanimously after a closed door meeting to dismiss the complaint filed by city resident Tonia Wilson, who said Hancock used his office for personal gain by using his security detail and transportation.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds