Record Election Turnout?

03 Nov 2020 11:04 #12 by Pony Soldier
Well, that’s done. I stood in line for4 hours to cast my vote for Trump. How is he, a 74 year old, in so much better shape than me, a 54 year old?? How many rallies did he even do in the last two weeks? I guess Biden did a couple also in between naps...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Nov 2020 11:08 #13 by Pony Soldier
Oh, and wanted to mention that I was talking with people in line who had either never voted or hadn’t voted in years. There was a lot of enthusiasm for Trump. Just my own observation but I hope it’s repeated everywhere.

03 Nov 2020 11:23 #14 by ScienceChic

Rick wrote: Do you agree with Pony and me that Trump will get more minority voters than any Republican in history? When that happens, how would you explain it?

That putting people in boxes based on their ethnicity, religion, gender, race, and sexual preferences are dumb assumptions to make about how they'll vote. Someone I follow on Twitter says he has a friend who is black, male, and gay and he's supported Trump this entire time and is planning on voting for him again.

From what I've seen of why someone you wouldn't think of as a supporter of one candidate or another, it usually boils down to fear of what the other side might do, or claims they want to do (and often never get around to, as politics is mostly a lot of hot air and not a lot of effective action).

The question is, do you bother asking people why they support whom they do, why they don't support the other candidates, and start talking about issues and solutions that you can find some common ground on and having fun, in-depth conversations, or do you just want to keep putting people in boxes, making assumptions about someone's beliefs based on how they vote or some other one-dimensional, superficial metric.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 Nov 2020 11:40 #15 by Pony Soldier
Wow... you should be running for office with that non-answer lol. Trump will garner more support from minorities than any Republican in the last few elections. It might surprise many that if 15% of blacks switch over and vote for Trump, it’s over. That will be enough margin to easily sweep. Blacks are waking up to the fact that they’ve been put in a box for decades and taken for granted by the democrats. They see Trump’s outreach and many are responding. Blacks are no longer the monolith block that has kept them in poverty and on the sidelines for years. It is a great awakening!

03 Nov 2020 13:14 #16 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Record Election Turnout?
I would love it if this election breaks traditional voting blocks of minorities, sexes, and urban versus rural.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

04 Nov 2020 00:40 #17 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Record Election Turnout?
Kayleigh McEnany
@kayleighmcenany
Currently, President @realDonaldTrump is winning Rust Belt states by ENORMOUS margins compared to 2016:

WISCONSIN
-2016: 22,748
-2020: 104,963 (77% reporting)

MICHIGAN
-2016: 10,704
-2020: 289,703 (61%)

PENNSYLVANIA
-2016: 44,292
-2020: 696,960 (66%)
11:43 PM · Nov 3, 2020

04 Nov 2020 01:16 #18 by ScienceChic
Those vote totals are misleading, Michigan and Wisconsin didn't even start counting absentee ballots until today. From earlier this evening by a FOX News contributor:

We'll see if those early estimates she quoted are accurate.

The AP has now called Arizona for Biden. If he wins any 2 of the 4 remaining swing states, he wins. Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, or Georgia. We should know the results of MI and WI later today. PA will be Friday most likely. Georgia?

apnews.com/article/election-2020-joe-bid...eea285dab7fcb4a2709d

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

04 Nov 2020 05:20 #19 by Pony Soldier
Woohoo... we get to keep Lindsey Graham... he’s a POS but I guess he’s our POS. Jamie Harrison put out an ad a week before the election in which he faked a southern accent. Whoever edited it was stupid enough to put the ad approval with no fake drawl just ahead of the fake drawl. People in line yesterday were furious!

Looking at the vote totals this morning, it would appear that Trump will eek out a victory with 280. Not the resounding red wave he was hoping for but a W is a W. If it means keeping the authoritarians at bay for another 4 years, I’ll take it.

04 Nov 2020 05:32 #20 by Pony Soldier
Stock futures agree with me as well as the Chinese Yuan. 4 more years!!!

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds