Record Election Turnout?

31 Oct 2020 10:23 #1 by FredHayek
The WSJ thinks we will have the highest percentage voting totals in over one hundred years. In many states like Texas, there are already more early voters than total voters in 2016. High voter turnout tends to favor the Democrats, so they might get the Blue Wave they are seeking.
Another interesting stat? How close so many states are polling wise. It will make these last few days very important, a big push in one direction might change early predictions.
We are also seeing some eerie reflections from 2016, where Hillary Clinton appeared to have the election sewn up, but a few key states helped her lose the Electoral Vote.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Oct 2020 12:28 #2 by Pony Soldier
I think there will be a wave, but it won't be blue... I have been known to be wrong, but have a pretty strong gut feeling about this election. I think there will be recored black and hispanic turnout for Trump. I predict Trump will get around 25% of the black vote and over 50% of the hispanic vote. If that happens, it could be a blowout of epic proportions.

31 Oct 2020 13:29 #3 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Record Election Turnout?
At this point in the "program"...Biden should be double digits straight across the board/ I think U could say the same thing about TRUMP.....I do not see this as a blowout...I see it as a complete and utter fubar...like
the hanging chads that was decided by SCOTUS. GET IT, BUCKLE UP AND SHUT UP.

31 Oct 2020 21:00 #4 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Record Election Turnout?

homeagain wrote: At this point in the "program"...Biden should be double digits straight across the board/ I think U could say the same thing about TRUMP.....I do not see this as a blowout...I see it as a complete and utter fubar...like
the hanging chads that was decided by SCOTUS. GET IT, BUCKLE UP AND SHUT UP.

Do you agree with Pony and me that Trump will get more minority voters than any Republican in history? When that happens, how would you explain it?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 Nov 2020 06:47 - 01 Nov 2020 06:48 #5 by homeagain
www.forbes.com/sites/zackjones/2020/10/3...den/?sh=61653a65bd5b

ELECTION ODDS/PLACE YOUR BETS...I just discovered this,LONG, but very interesting...check it out

In answer to your question,NO I do not see that,but then the WHOLE weird election cycle is wired for
wicked surprise...so ANY guess could be correct...we will not know till Dec sometime....JMO

01 Nov 2020 16:59 #6 by Rick

homeagain wrote: www.forbes.com/sites/zackjones/2020/10/3...den/?sh=61653a65bd5b

ELECTION ODDS/PLACE YOUR BETS...I just discovered this,LONG, but very interesting...check it out

In answer to your question,NO I do not see that,but then the WHOLE weird election cycle is wired for
wicked surprise...so ANY guess could be correct...we will not know till Dec sometime....JMO

We will know by Wednesday that there will be a record number of minorities that voter for Trump. How can that be possible given the false narrative the media has been drumming into the heads of millions of Americans, that Trump is a racist? Are these people just dumb or have they figured out how the Democrats have been using them for decades?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 Nov 2020 19:06 #7 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Record Election Turnout?
Rick, the answer is simple. VOTER SUPPRESION". Dem's do not need logical or even sane arguments as long as they have talking points.
They will also claim Trump stuffed the ballot boxes undoubtedly
with the help of Putin.
Then I expect they will spend t he next four years insisting Trump is illegitimate.

01 Nov 2020 19:34 #8 by Rick
Sadly I think you’re right Bob.

George Orwell

02 Nov 2020 10:23 #9 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Record Election Turnout?

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: www.forbes.com/sites/zackjones/2020/10/3...den/?sh=61653a65bd5b

We will know by Wednesday that there will be a record number of minorities that voter for Trump. How can that be possible given the false narrative the media has been drumming into the heads of millions of Americans, that Trump is a racist? Are these people just dumb or have they figured out how the Democrats have been using them for decades?

Great point. The Democrats and the their media lapdogs say Trump wants to suppress the minority vote but he is actually meeting with rappers and trying to court them. He wants to be the first Republican in a long time to get high percentages of Hispanic and African American voters. It might just break a huge voting block for Democrats.

I saw one polling firm claim that he might get 25-33 percent of the LGBT vote. This could be groundbreaking.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Nov 2020 11:01 #10 by homeagain
www.reuters.com/article/usa-election-leg...-lives-idINKBN27I1K7

Reuters reporting what I suspect will be the outcome.....THIS is going to be a blow out OR SCOTUS
sorts it out...there is NO inbetween....

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds