The Matt Gaetz saga

31 Mar 2021 06:38 #1 by Wayne Harrison
I'm surprised nobody on here has mentioned what's going on with Rep. Matt Gaetz.

The first thing I heard was that he may be going to NewsMax as a TV host. The next thing I learned was he is under investigation for sex with an underage girl, his family is being extorted and he tells Tucker Carlson that he and his companion had lunch with Tucker and his life - a shocked Tucker Carlson denied.

Then there's something wearing a wife for the FBI and it gets crazy after that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Mar 2021 06:48 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic The Matt Gaetz saga
YA, I just read it last nite....and went OH WELL, life as usual in the lousy world of politics. NO surprises anymore,just apathy..we NEED a complete re do.

31 Mar 2021 07:38 #3 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic The Matt Gaetz saga
In case anyone hasn’t heard about this story as I hadn’t, here it is along with the Carlson interview. Please listen to this yourself instead of taking some secondhand garbage interpretation.

nypost.com/2021/03/30/feds-probe-fla-rep...-trafficking-report/

31 Mar 2021 07:55 #4 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic The Matt Gaetz saga

Pony Soldier wrote: In case anyone hasn’t heard about this story as I hadn’t, here it is along with the Carlson interview. Please listen to this yourself instead of taking some secondhand garbage interpretation.

nypost.com/2021/03/30/feds-probe-fla-rep...-trafficking-report/

Why would anyone watch that video when they could search the net and get an interpretation from a faux journalist with an agenda? I don't know about this story but it sounds like there needs to be some good evidence presented before a man's reputation is burned down. Gaetz is a white man, so he's already guilty on one count, but I'd like to see the rest before I conclude there was wrongdoing of some kind.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

31 Mar 2021 08:34 #5 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic The Matt Gaetz saga
Now, there's this...

The investigation was opened in the final months of the Trump administration under Attorney General William P. Barr, the two people said. Given Mr. Gaetz’s national profile, senior Justice Department officials in Washington — including some appointed by Mr. Trump — were notified of the investigation, the people said.

The three people said that the examination of Mr. Gaetz, 38, is part of a broader investigation into a political ally of his, a local official in Florida named Joel Greenberg, who was indicted last summer on an array of charges, including sex trafficking of a child and financially supporting people in exchange for sex, at least one of whom was an underage girl.

www.nytimes.com/2021/03/30/us/politics/m...g-investigation.html

31 Mar 2021 09:16 #6 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic The Matt Gaetz saga
Well there’s two entities that have zero credibility. The NYT and the DoJ. Both are politically motivated and lie constantly to achieve their nefarious ends.

31 Mar 2021 10:43 #7 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic The Matt Gaetz saga
Never been a big fan of Gaetz, he reminds me of "Butthead" in the old Beavis and Butthead TV show, but I think I will wait for more evidence before I convict the man. Gasp, maybe we should actually let the investigation proceed before tarring and feathering him.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

31 Mar 2021 18:30 #8 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic The Matt Gaetz saga

Pony Soldier wrote: Well there’s two entities that have zero credibility. The NYT and the DoJ. Both are politically motivated and lie constantly to achieve their nefarious ends.

Good point.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 Apr 2021 07:30 #9 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic The Matt Gaetz saga
As I stated before....LIFE inside lousy politics. Comes with the decision to enter into the "horror chambers".

01 Apr 2021 09:25 #10 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic The Matt Gaetz saga

Pony Soldier wrote: Well there’s two entities that have zero credibility. The NYT and the DoJ.

Alex Jones would agree.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds