The Matt Gaetz saga

02 Apr 2021 18:58 #21 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic The Matt Gaetz saga
I put Alex Jones in the same category I'd put Rachael Maddow and Keith Olbermann, both conspiracy theory nutcases. They have their audiences that buy into their bullshit but I don't think they are big enough to matter.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 May 2021 10:20 #22 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic The Matt Gaetz saga
A Florida politician who is central to the investigation into Rep. Matt Gaetz for possible sex trafficking of a minor signaled Thursday that he will plead guilty in his own federal case, a court entry shows, a troubling development for the congressman as it suggests prosecutors have secured a potentially important witness against him.

Joel Greenberg, a former tax collector for Seminole County, Fla., had since last year been outlining to prosecutors how he and Gaetz (R-Fla.) would pay women for sex using cash or gifts, as he tried to negotiate a plea deal to resolve his own legal woes, according to a person familiar with the matter. Gaetz has adamantly denied paying for sex.

www.washingtonpost.com/national-security...287e52a01_story.html

The Gaetz apple doesn't fall far from the Trump tree.

13 May 2021 11:05 #23 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic The Matt Gaetz saga
FLASH!! nytime.com 13/32/21

Anonymous sources say the Gaetz accompanied Bill Clinton on his 26 flights with Epstein to Lolita Island. They also said in that Clinton did not allow the Secret Service on the flights, Gaetz acted as an armed bodyguard even though he did not at the time have a concealed carry permit.

13 May 2021 12:20 #24 by MountainRoadCrew

ramage wrote: FLASH!! nytime.com 13/32/21

Anonymous sources say the Gaetz accompanied Bill Clinton on his 26 flights with Epstein to Lolita Island. They also said in that Clinton did not allow the Secret Service on the flights, Gaetz acted as an armed bodyguard even though he did not at the time have a concealed carry permit.

Please provide a :link: to an article when quoting material.

13 May 2021 14:30 #25 by Thumper100
Replied by Thumper100 on topic The Matt Gaetz saga
Don't hold your breath for a quote, last I checked 13/32/21 isn't an actual date :) :)

15 May 2021 10:00 #26 by Wayne Harrison
So someone who complains about FAKE NEWS actually posted FAKE NEWS on here?

Oh wait, they'll probably claim it was parody, in the style of Jonathan Swift (1667 – 1745).

15 May 2021 12:30 #27 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic The Matt Gaetz saga
It is funny to see that the Gaetz case gets solved so quickly, but Epstein looks like non of the users of the young women will ever face a day in court. "It is good to be the king."

Oh wait, Bill Gates might get a day in divorce court. And Prince Andrew did lose his job. Hillary Clinton chose to ignore Bill's trips. (Allegedly)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 May 2021 09:56 #28 by Wayne Harrison
Since you brought up Epstein...

18 May 2021 11:47 #29 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic The Matt Gaetz saga
Looks like I spoke too soon on Bill Gates. Media is going after him hard, talking about his affair with a Microsoft employee leading to him resigning from the board. At the time, he said he wanted to devote more time to his philanthropy.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 May 2021 10:30 #30 by Wayne Harrison
What's the over/under on Matt Gaetz being arrested for sex with a minor?

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds