What State Has the Most Racist Voter Laws, Georgia or Delaware?

17 Jan 2022 07:24 #21 by homeagain

ramage wrote: ".. SOME OWNED SLAVES INTO THE EARLY 1900-1902, ONE OF THEM BEING A WOMAN."

Really? Please provide names of these slave owners.

The list is EXTREMELY LONG....GOING THRU THE A-Z THRU THE CENTURIES, however I will provide some context

Here’s what that looked like on March 7, 1850. As Sen. Daniel Webster delivered a famous speech about slavery, 46 of the 106 congressmen listening owned human beings. Those slaveholders included Jefferson Davis, Andrew Johnson and Sam Houston.

THIS IS THE WOMAN WHO OWNED SLAVES IN EARLY 1900'S

Rebecca Latimer Felton briefly represented Georgia in the Senate in 1922. She'd been a slaveholder at one point in her life. (Library of Congress)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jan 2022 07:28 - 17 Jan 2022 07:40 #22 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote:

homeagain wrote: .....this was a rebuttal to the link BB posted.

And I thought you were agreeing with me.

IT IS A SLIPPERY SLOPE.....DENIAL is every present. U stated ask a white liberal woman,I posted that
the insidious issue is so much MORE than that.

additional info......

America’s atrocity was carried out not in shadow, but with extensive documentation, in carefully recorded censuses and court cases and wills. To create this database, The Washington Post researched all of the 5,558 men and one woman, Felton, who served in the U.S. Congress and were born before 1840, meaning they came of age before the Civil War. The verdicts on who enslaved people and who did not are based on journal articles, books, newspapers and many other texts, with the vast majority of the information coming from the 1790 through 1860 decennial censuses.

Today, as America struggles with how to understand its history and which historical figures to honor, many of these lawmakers’ statues stand in town squares across the country, and their names adorn streets and public schools, with almost no public acknowledgment that they

17 Jan 2022 11:16 #23 by ramage
Homeagain,
Once again your syntax befuddles me.
". SOME OWNED SLAVES INTO THE EARLY 1900-1902, ONE OF THEM BEING A WOMAN..."

I interpret that to mean that a woman owned slaves in 1900-1902. If that is what you are saying then that woman is clearly involved in a criminal activity. If you are not in agreement with this please elucidate your position.

Also would you please complete the sentence:
"Today, as America struggles with how to understand its history and which historical figures to honor, many of these lawmakers’ statues stand in town squares across the country, and their names adorn streets and public schools, with almost no public acknowledgment that they"
Obviously you are quoting someone, but you fail to ascribe the source.

17 Jan 2022 13:02 - 23 Jan 2022 01:40 #24 by homeagain

ramage wrote: I interpret that to mean that a woman owned slaves in 1900-1902. If that is what you are saying then that woman is clearly involved in a criminal activity.

THAT is the point of the ENTIRE link........MANY of congress,thru the centuries OWNED SLAVES AFTER IT WAS ILLEGAL.....YES THE WOMAN. Rebecca Feldman (per copy/paste I have provided) was in deed
a criminal....I have copy/pasted a small portion of the article (yes some of it was cut off) DO THE RESEARCH ON YOUR OWN, I am able to "see" the article.....the complaint was it was a sub required/behind a wall.....the list of congress NAMES,DATES OF OWNERSHIP,STATES WHERE SLAVES
WERE OWNED ,HOW MANY, GENDER AND AGE IS EXTENSIVE AND COVERS THE ENTIRE ALPHABET THRU TIME FRAMES WHEN IT WAS BEING DEBATED AND CAME INTO LAW....THAT IS THE "BITCH' of the blacks......history is inaccurate/white washed.

17 Jan 2022 13:05 #25 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

Blazer Bob wrote:

homeagain wrote: .....this was a rebuttal to the link BB posted.

And I thought you were agreeing with me.

IT IS A SLIPPERY SLOPE.....DENIAL is every present. U stated ask a white liberal woman,I posted that
the insidious issue is so much MORE than that.

additional info......

America’s atrocity was carried out not in shadow, but with extensive documentation, in carefully recorded censuses and court cases and wills. To create this database, The Washington Post researched all of the 5,558 men and one woman, Felton, who served in the U.S. Congress and were born before 1840, meaning they came of age before the Civil War. The verdicts on who enslaved people and who did not are based on journal articles, books, newspapers and many other texts, with the vast majority of the information coming from the 1790 through 1860 decennial censuses.

Today, as America struggles with how to understand its history and which historical figures to honor, many of these lawmakers’ statues stand in town squares across the country, and their names adorn streets and public schools, with almost no public acknowledgment that they

FOR RAMAGE, perhaps u missed this,REVIEW carefully,as it answers your most recent query

17 Jan 2022 14:08 #26 by ramage
I did not miss it. The highlighted from your post is what I am asking about. Please provide the source and also complete the sentence.

"America’s atrocity was carried out not in shadow, but with extensive documentation, in carefully recorded censuses and court cases and wills. To create this database, The Washington Post researched all of the 5,558 men and one woman, Felton, who served in the U.S. Congress and were born before 1840, meaning they came of age before the Civil War. The verdicts on who enslaved people and who did not are based on journal articles, books, newspapers and many other texts, with the vast majority of the information coming from the 1790 through 1860 decennial censuses.

Today, as America struggles with how to understand its history and which historical figures to honor, many of these lawmakers’ statues stand in town squares across the country, and their names adorn streets and public schools, with almost no public acknowledgment that they"

17 Jan 2022 15:20 #27 by homeagain
\I am NOT doin' the dance......u r either not comprehending OR u r being obnoxious on purpose......either way I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION....DONE.

17 Jan 2022 17:14 #28 by ramage
I did not ask you to dance.
I politely asked you for the source of your statement as it is obviously not written by you. Evidently you feel that it adequate to use an unattributed quote to say that you have answered my question. Also you do realize that you did not complete the quote.
I find it fascinating that you are unwilling to do so.
Why is that?

22 Jan 2022 08:00 - 23 Jan 2022 01:38 #29 by homeagain
FOR RAMAGE and others would do NOT SEE THE BLACK PERSPECTIVE ON HYPOCRISY IN THE USA

www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/1-700-raci...LR8%252FSO2MDT065Fgq

U SHOULD BE ABLE TO VIEW THIS LINK.

22 Jan 2022 08:22 #30 by ramage
I would thoroughly enjoy your expression of your opinion in your own words.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds