THE SWAMP IS RAPIDLY REFILLING

14 Apr 2021 13:35 #1 by ramage
Biden DOJ Closes Investigation of Police Shooting Death of Ashli Babbitt With No Charges Filed
By Kristinn Taylor
Published April 14, 2021 at 1:05p
The Biden Justice Department announced Wednesday it has closed the investigation into the homicide death of Trump supporter Ashli Babbitt that took place inside the Capitol during the January 6 riot while Congress was meeting in joint session to certify the November presidential election in favor of Joe Biden. Babbitt, who was unarmed, was shot and killed without apparent warning by a plainclothes Capitol Police officer as she climbed through a broken window in a door at the Speaker’s Lobby. The name of the officer was not released.

"The statement concluded, “…the investigation revealed no evidence to establish that, at the time the officer fired a single shot at Ms. Babbitt, the officer did not reasonably believe that it was necessary to do so in self-defense or in defense of the Members of Congress and others evacuating the House Chamber. Acknowledging the tragic loss of life and offering condolences to Ms. Babbitt’s family, the U.S. Attorney’s Office and U.S. Department of Justice have therefore closed the investigation into this matter.”

Nothing to see here folks, just move along.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Apr 2021 14:21 #2 by MyMountainTown
:link: please for the source of this quoted material?

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

14 Apr 2021 14:54 #3 by ramage
www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/04/biden-d...tt-no-charges-filed/

I should have realized that the MSM would not cover the DOJ statement as it is not in thdeir best interest.

Oops, a random act of journalism
www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/n...an-6-rioter-n1264082

Now that we know it is fact, please tell me why. A Black officer shoots an unarmed white woman, USAF veteran with no police record, and his name is not realized. Whereas a white policewoman shots a black man with an outstanding warrant and a gun and her name is released.

As I said nothing to see here, just move along.

14 Apr 2021 16:06 #4 by Pony Soldier
Not just released, her name was handed out in the midsts of violent riots amid threats. She was forced out of her job. Funny how differently these two cases are being treated and most likely only because of who the victims were. It is not okay to be a Trump supporter. It is worthy of being shot to death with no repercussions for the shooter. And people wonder why I gear up.

14 Apr 2021 19:01 #5 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic THE SWAMP IS RAPIDLY REFILLING
This is just the way our country is now. I think the Democrat media must believe ignoring these stories is somehow justified because of this country's history of slavery. By not treating stories like this in the same way they would if she was a black victim, they are being sufficiently woke and will not offend the mob that would like to see all white people punished for sins they never committed. White lives really don't matter, and if you disagree with that, you're a racist.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Apr 2021 07:36 #6 by homeagain
AND we have a winner! INEQUALITY is the egregious item.

15 Apr 2021 09:01 #7 by FredHayek
Question: Of the people here on this thread, it someone broke your window and was climbing in, would you think it would be legal to shoot them?

I would have shot them for sure.

I am actually pleasantly surprised the Summer of Violence and the Capitol Protest didn't wind up with more deaths.

Will round 2 starting in Minnesota be as bloodless?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Apr 2021 11:09 #8 by Wayne Harrison

FredHayek wrote: I am actually pleasantly surprised the Summer of Violence and the Capitol Protest didn't wind up with more deaths.

I am unpleasantly surprised she was the only insurrectionist shot. Storming the U.S. Capitol during a joint session of Congress is just asking to be shot.

15 Apr 2021 17:11 #9 by Wayne Harrison
BTW, the officer acted properly, given the circumstances, and was cleared.

Multiple cellphone videos captured the shooting as it unfolded on the afternoon of Jan. 6. Babbitt and a group of other rioters made their way inside the Capitol to barricaded doors leading to the Speaker’s Lobby, which is the hallway outside the House chamber where some lawmakers were sheltering during the siege.

Videos show the group pummeling the wood-and-glass doors with a helmet, feet and a flagpole. A Capitol Police officer in a suit and a surgical mask is seen standing in a doorway on the far side of the doors with his gun drawn.

Woman fatally shot as pro-Trump mob stormed the Capitol identified as Air Force veteran

The officer opened fire as Babbitt, who was wearing a Trump flag like a cape, attempted to crawl through one of the broken panes of the Speaker’s Lobby doors, video shows. Babbitt, who was hit in the shoulder, tumbled backward onto the floor.

The attorney for the officer, a lieutenant, said in a statement that the officer clearly identified himself and ordered rioters not to pass a barricade at the doors of the Speaker’s Lobby before firing. Other officers had also ordered Babbitt to stop and she broke multiple laws in attempting to enter the Speaker’s Lobby, according to the statement.

www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safe...4d4ceb46d_story.html

15 Apr 2021 18:50 #10 by ramage
BTW, the officer acted properly, given the circumstances, and was cleared.

Acting properly, shooting an unarmed female, seriously?

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds