Fauci, the Worst Scientist in History

10 Jun 2021 12:28 #21 by homeagain
“Until you nail it down definitively, you always have to keep an open mind that it might be something ". That is what I have always said,I haven't changed my mind"......the rest would not let me copy.....REREAD
my post about HIV/AIDS......Fauci was influenced by ACT UP....he changed his mind after speaking to them
about their concerns.... U R NOT an expert,many things r fluid in science....:beattherug:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2021 14:08 #22 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

ScienceChic wrote: You know, I've read a few of the emails that were published and so far have seen nothing that contradicts what he's said publicly. Just like with the climate scientists' emails that were stolen and published, and people tried finding tiny sentences to take out of context and twist into something they weren't, I'm seeing this play out all over again with Fauci. I think if everyone's emails were to be published publicly, there'd be a lot of sh*t that could be completely misconstrued without the background information about the situation going on, and phone calls and personal conversations that add detail that isn't captured as well.

He is not a fraud, nor the worst scientist in history. I do think he's human, has made mistakes and tried to change and adapt as new information became available in order to do what's right for the public. I'd also like to see a full investigation into the decision to fund research in the Wuhan lab and what happened with this virus.

Please watch the video I posted and tell me which parts are lies. Steve Hilton isn't a conservative and everything in that video if factual. Fauci knew full well about the gain of function research that resulted in this pandemic and he tried to distance himself from it and he did lie to congress.[/b] He was warned Time will tell if he actually experiences the justice he deserves, but history will clearly show that he was probably the worst person to put in that position, and THAT is something you could blame Trump for (although Trump thought he was the right guy like everyone else did). When the highest paid guy in government gets almost everything wrong from start to finish and then we find that he knew more than he let on, that's a guy that should immediately be let go and investigated.

Science should be constantly looked at with critical eyes and should never be considered "settled" unless there is irrefutable evidence. The virus supposedly started in a wet market that never sold bats or Pangolins and it just happened to be 5 miles from a level 4 virology lab that studied and manipulated corona viruses. You can't tell me there were not plenty of scientists telling anyone who would listen that the lab leak made the most sense. Instead, our worthless press called that "debunked", like they do with any narrative that goes against their own. We all paid a very heavy price for all the incompetence.

AN ANSWER TO THE BOLDED.....

www.axios.com/covid-lab-leak-virus-exper...ea-98d154c6e356.html

No real oversight,no guidelines and basically a free for all....THEN you wonder why things go south???

10 Jun 2021 15:18 #23 by ScienceChic
This. And not just is debate and dialog necessary, but it's completely ineffective when you go into it with a closed mind looking only to denounce or denigrate those with whom you disagree. If the search for the truth isn't your objective, then your viewpoint, no matter which side, is partisan, biased, and subject to dismissal.

I've exhorted friends and my fellow business colleagues repeatedly over the years that FB is not the place to connect online and have these discussions (or advertise, but that's another matter). They did an internal audit and discovered that their algorithms deliberately inflate poor content that causes outrage and division but have done little to change it because it generates clicks and keeps people on their site. Their moderation is done by poorly written and executed automated systems, and they hardly follow up with a real person to fix the problems their moderation causes or to even provide decent customer support. They are one of the worst-run companies I've ever seen and it's a shame that they continue to reap billions in advertising revenue and increase their influence on citizens and countries alike with their horrible platform. Twitter tries a little harder, but suffers many of the same issues.

The problem I have seen with this line of inquiry into the origins of COVID-19 is that it was started by people who pushed outlandish conspiracy theories before, had suspect credibility, and who weren't sharing any evidence as to why this could have been the case. This valid line of inquiry has taken far too long to begin, and it's because we've allowed partisan politics, divisiveness, misinformation, and conspiracy theory hacks to over-run us rather than thoughtful, objective searches for the truth. It's past time to ignore the extremists, put down the flaming torches, accept only credible data/sources, and insist upon the truth no matter how uncomfortable, unsettling, or how it shakes up the status quo.

The 'Lab Leak' Debate Matters -- But Not for the Reasons You Think
— Open discussion in science is a necessity
by Vinay Prasad, MD, MPH, MedPage Today | June 1, 2021

First, an admission: this is not really a column about the origin of SARS-CoV-2. Others have written great ones, and I am not terribly interested in the question. Why? Right now, the two most widely discussed possibilities are the virus underwent zoonotic transmission (from some animal to a person), possibly at a wet market, and the other is that it escaped from the Wuhan Institute of Virology due to poor safety protocols in a biosafety level (BSL) 3 or 4 laboratory.

I want to talk about the real lesson of "lab leak," which in my mind is the way in which the idea moved from a taboo subject -- a conspiracy theory -- to a perfectly acceptable topic of discussion.

Recently, a Tweet from an anonymous cardiologist was flagged as misleading for arguing that mRNA vaccines may have a stronger link to myocarditis than asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2. The jury is still out, but since that warning, based on early Israeli data, the CDC has announced an investigation into the link between mRNA vaccines and myocarditis.

I chose these examples not because I want to rehash whether one side is right (though for several I have my pick), but to make the broader point that stifling debate, shrinking the acceptable bounds of dialogue, and banning discussion has got to be wrong when we see over and over again how quickly debates can move.

This topic has come up for quite some time in Dr. John Schindler's The Spy Brief that I follow and have recommended before. Here's a post from the public version of that, (with a lot less detail):

The Lab-Leak Theory: Inside the Fight to Uncover COVID-19’s Origins
Throughout 2020, the notion that the novel coronavirus leaked from a lab was off-limits. Those who dared to push for transparency say toxic politics and hidden agendas kept us in the dark.
By Katherine Eban, Vanitty Fair | June 3, 2021

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne Harrison, koobookie

11 Jun 2021 07:54 - 11 Jun 2021 07:57 #24 by Rick

ScienceChic wrote: This. And not just is debate and dialog necessary, but it's completely ineffective when you go into it with a closed mind looking only to denounce or denigrate those with whom you disagree. If the search for the truth isn't your objective, then your viewpoint, no matter which side, is partisan, biased, and subject to dismissal.

www.foxnews.com/media/hilton-video-dr-fa...uhan-lab-coronavirus
Fair enough SC, but I'm asking you to just keep an open mind yourself, even if it goes against what you believe. Please just watch this 10 minute video that was taken down from youtube. I obviously don't believe what most of the media (print included) because every source has an agenda and most sources have gotten stories wrong because they all follow each other in lock step. If they all stay on the same narrative, nobody goes down in flames when their story has been proven false.

I promise that if you watch the ten minute video you will see evidence that Fauci has at the very least hid his knowledge of gain of function research and completely discounted it as the source of the virus. If there is information in that video that you feel is taken out of context, manufactured, or is just bogus somehow, please just tell me.

The other question that I'd like to ask you, as a scientist yourself, is what kind of evidence was used to determine that the virus jumped species naturally which ruled out the lab theory. Don't you at least admit that it would have to be an incredible coincidence that the virus came from the one wet market in all of China that just happened to have a level 4 virology lab 5 miles away that just happened to study corona viruses?

I respect you SC, I really do. I just think you and many others have given this guy way too much slack when it comes to this virus. There is no more important story I can think of in our lifetime where the entire world was shut down and after a year, we still don't have the answers as to why.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

22 Jun 2021 09:29 #25 by Rick
Daszak ‘recused’ from Lancet’s COVID-19 commission
The Lancet's tweet said the authors at the time declared no competing interests

Daszak has appeared in multiple media fact-checks and reports over the past year dispelling the notion the coronavirus accidentally emerged from the lab. Daszak's New York-based organization sent $3.4 million in National Institutes of Health grants to the Wuhan lab between 2014 and 2019, according to the Wall Street Journal.

The Lancet did not explain exactly why Daszak was recused. The Daily Mail first reported on the profile update and said it was Daszak who helped organize the letter.

www.foxnews.com/health/daszak-recused-fr...-covid-19-commission

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the country’s top disease expert, has been under increasing pressure by Republicans over funding for the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

These people were only looking out for themselves and wanted to save their own income streams and reputations, they are not heroes.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

09 Sep 2021 07:59 #26 by Rick
Even though most of your trusted sources are ignoring this, that isn't a reason why we shouldn't all be pissed off at this lying dirtbag. Look at all the people who have been torched by the media and charged or lying to congress, yet this guy is getting cover by these same partisan hacks.

The documents were obtained and released by The Intercept on Tuesday after it launched an FOIA lawsuit.

Richard Ebright, board of governors professor of chemistry and chemical biology at Rutgers University and laboratory director at the Waksman Institute of Microbiology, told Newsweek these documents show "unequivocally" that NIH grants were used to fund controversial gain-of-function (GOF) research at the Wuhan Insitute of Virology in China—something U.S. infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci has denied.

This guy has been wrong on everything from the beginning and he's still given airtime by the worst news networks. Instead of being the highest paid guy in government, he should be in jail.

Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), which is part of the NIH, told Congress in May that the NIH "has not ever and does not now fund gain-of-function research in the Wuhan Institute of Virology."

Ebright said: "The documents make it clear that assertions by the NIH director, Francis Collins, and the NIAID director, Anthony Fauci, that the NIH did not support gain-of-function research or potential pandemic pathogen enhancement in Wuhan are untruthful."

www.newsweek.com/fauci-untruthful-congre...ain-function-1627351

George Orwell

22 Oct 2021 09:09 #27 by Rick
Coronavirus: NIH admits to US funding of gain-of-function research in Wuhan lab

In a stunning admission, USA's National Institute of Health has accepted that US-funded money was used for bat coronavirus gain-of-function research in a lab in Wuhan.

Gain of function refers to a genetically altering animal viruses to make them more transmissible in humans.

A top NIH official has admitted to US funding in a letter written to Congressman James Comer. Lawrence A. Tabak, principal deputy director of the NIH however, has insisted that bat viruses studied under NIH grant could not have become Covid-19.

The admission of funding to gain-of-function research from the NIH is contradictory to stand taken by Dr Anthony Fauci, USA's top disease expert, who has firmly denied such a thing.

Always be willing to look beyond the narratives you're being fed. I stand behind the title of this thread.

www.wionews.com/world/coronavirus-nih-ad...-in-wuhan-lab-423010

George Orwell

02 Feb 2022 09:44 #28 by Rick
Once again, it appears I was proven right...

Fauci, June 2020:

"When you give advice about what should you be doing — should you be out there, should you be shutting down earlier versus later? I mean, people get confused. And they say, 'Wow, you know, we shut down and we caused a great disruption in society. We caused great economic pain, loss of jobs,' " Fauci said in an interview with the Department of Health and Human Services’s (HHS) “Learning Curve” podcast.

"But if you look at the data, now that papers have come out literally two days ago, the fact that we shut down when we did and the rest of the world did, has saved hundreds of millions of infections and millions of lives," he added.

"And yet, there are those who say, 'You shut down, you did destructive things by disrupting the economy.' And others say, 'Well, if you save so many infections by shutting down, why didn't you shut down two weeks earlier? You could have saved many more lives.'"

thehill.com/policy/healthcare/503468-fau...ng-millions-of-lives

What data? How did they get this data and how did it prove lockdowns saved lives?

Today, from the new John Hopkins Study:

The use of lockdowns is a unique feature of the COVID-19 pandemic. Lockdowns have not been used to such a large extent during any of the pandemics of the past century. However, lockdowns during the initial phase of the COVID-19 pandemic have had devastating effects. They have contributed to reducing economic activity, raising unemployment, reducing schooling, causing political unrest, contributing to domestic violence, and undermining liberal democracy. These costs to society must be compared to the benefits of lockdowns, which our meta-analysis has shown are marginal at best. Such a standard benefit-cost calculation leads to a strong conclusion: lockdowns should be rejected out of hand as a pandemic policy instrument

The lesson?

People who argued against the “scientific consensus” about the lockdowns were stifled, censored by Big Tech, denigrated by the media, and mocked by establishment scientists. That was essentially “anti-science.” The scientific method needs heterodox voices to speak freely if it is to function properly.

This subsequent look-back shows why. To a large degree, those with the officially disfavored views–such as the signers of the Great Barrington Declaration—were correct on this matter.

Will we learn the lesson? Yes, if our goal is to ably discern and apply the best policy options, which can be a messy process. No, if the point is to allow those in charge of institutional science to exert societal control.

www.nationalreview.com/corner/johns-hopk...ejected-out-of-hand/

For those of you who still think Fauci isn't a worthless self absorbed POS, please tell me where Fauci was right about anything having to do with this pandemic. Is there even one time when he was right?

George Orwell

28 Apr 2022 10:28 #29 by Rick
The biggest joke keeps on doing what he does best...

“Here we are. It’s the end of April. It’s the spring of 2022. How close are we to the end of the pandemic?” Judy Woodruff of “PBS NewsHour” asked Fauci Tuesday.

“We are certainly, right now, in this country out of the pandemic phase,” Fauci replied

and a day later...

“We are in a different moment of the pandemic,” Fauci told the Associated Press Wednesday. The US has “decelerated and transitioned into more of a controlled phase” after a winter surge, he added.

“By no means does that mean the pandemic is over,” Fauci said in his 180-degree turnabout.

The highest paid bureaucrat in Washington who hasn't gotten one thing right since the pandemic started. Prove me wrong.

nypost.com/2022/04/27/dr-fauci-walks-bac...r-in-pandemic-phase/

George Orwell

30 Apr 2022 10:37 #30 by FredHayek
I love fun conspiracy theories but lately they seem to be coming true. And the media feels compelled to shout them down, almost as if they are paid shills for the White House. Remember when the Hunter Biden laptop story was scoured from web pages and those who brought it up were censored. Including newspapers like the NY Post?

Would you be upset if the NY Times lost their Twitter account because they covered a story about Donald Trump Jr. right before the 2020 election?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds