INSIDE insurrrection insructions.......

17 Jun 2021 08:59 #21 by Rick

koobookie wrote: "Actual facts" don't work with someone who has "willful ignorance."

I think you're teetering on the edge of an insult with that kind of talk. I think it would be better if you spent a little more time talking about detailed facts instead of telling people they are trying to be ignorant. JMO

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jun 2021 10:53 #22 by koobookie
You may be right, and I apologize if you took that as an insult. I encourage you to come into the ring, where I've started a thread about willful ignorance.

17 Jun 2021 20:45 - 20 Jun 2021 16:08 #23 by Rick
Sorry, I gave up dumpster diving a long time ago. I think the Ring is a lame excuse to let people really treat each other like trash with impunity. It would be like me inviting you into my home for dinner, then ask you to step into my garage so I can tell you how I really feel about you, in a bad way. A different room doesn't make any difference, but that's just my opinion.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

18 Jun 2021 07:06 #24 by koobookie
Actually,I view it as more of an area where we can talk about each others behavior. Often times, when that happens here in the courthouse, it gets moved to the ring, so I thought I would just start it off there.

Your loss. I think it's actually a good topic to talk about willful ignorance, and perhaps even cognitive dissonance. Both of those are in abundance here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne Harrison

18 Jun 2021 07:12 #25 by homeagain
ya,well TRY an attempt at dialogue on another site (well known) and see how LONG YOUR POST WILL LAST....it will gone,OR u will be suspended/time out/banned from site....I LIKE THE RING, someone calls u a c---t, I want the chance to respond to that....(in a VERY SUCCINCT WAY)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne Harrison

19 Jun 2021 11:45 - 19 Jun 2021 11:46 #26 by Rick
I'm actually trying to have conversations with people I don't agree with without having to resort to an insult room when someone can't control their temper. I am guilty of being an asshole in the past and I believe that I now have the ability to converse as I would in person.

The conversations in the ring do not reflect real life because there are no consequences for berating another fellow human being. If someone can't control their temper and must resort to insults, I don't think there's any point in continuing the conversation, even in another room that permits it.

If the internet vanished and we all had to start meeting in person, I think you would understand my point a little better.

George Orwell

19 Jun 2021 12:24 - 20 Jun 2021 16:08 #27 by homeagain
Unfortunately,MANY posters r not in the same geo.area....I am on the western slope,in a little berg that
is agri. and religion based,Wayne is across the globe,with an ocean between us,others I am not
sure of Fred? Kookieboo Driver 8, Mary Scott.

There once was a group that DID get together in person (On Pinecam)....it was a great success and
fun...I was one of them.

20 Jun 2021 09:03 - 20 Jun 2021 16:09 #28 by Rick
Oh, I'm not suggesting we have to meet in person to have conversations that are not forced into the ring, I'm simply saying that we should all have the ability to speak to each other as though we were face to face. I know it's challenging considering the history and evolution of this board and divisive politics, but I have been able to do this in person so I have faith it can happen here.

George Orwell

20 Jun 2021 14:12 - 20 Jun 2021 16:10 #29 by homeagain
THE SCOTUS presently has a crushing challenge....THEY R greatly divided and it seems ALITO was
pissed at the process....it has shaken out to be THREE,THREE,THREE...look up the link.

IF judges are having hissy fits....it would seem a mere soc. media website just might have a small problem coming to concensus,let alone an understanding.JMO:coolwink:

24 Jun 2021 08:46 #30 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote: www.npr.org/2021/06/08/1004201155/bring-...-before-capitol-riot

''THIS IS DO OR DIE,BRING YOUR GUNS''.......direct quote

"Indiana grandmother will be first person sentenced in U.S. Capitol riot"

www.wave3.com/2021/06/22/indiana-grandmo...ced-us-capitol-riot/

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds