More Egg on Worthless Media Faces

10 Jun 2021 10:09 #1 by Rick
Remember how horrified the media was when Trump supposedly used to force of government to clear protestors for Lafayette Square so that he could have a photo op? Biden and Harris also parroted the accusation during their presidential runs.

Greenblatt found that the Park Police had the authority to clear the park, and decided to do so — in consultation with Barr — hours before anyone knew Trump planned to make an appearance.

“We found that the Park Police made the decision to clear the park of protesters in order to install an anti-scale fencing to protect the park and U.S. Park Police officers during those protests,” Greenblatt told NBC News. “We did not find evidence that the Park Police officials made that decision in order to permit the president of the United States to visit the park, or for a photo op at the St. John's Church, across the street.”

www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/po...-protestors-n1270126

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jun 2021 08:32 #2 by homeagain
AND the general consensus (by some)IS....the media is biased and does NOT reflect true journalism? I think the post REFUTES that....:coolwink:

11 Jun 2021 09:31 #3 by homeagain
FOR RICK....my POV, an example of correcting an erroneous article,am I wrong?

11 Jun 2021 09:37 #4 by FredHayek
But maybe if the media wasn't so anti-Trump, they would have been willing to gather more facts before blaming the prior administration.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Jun 2021 20:31 #5 by Rick

homeagain wrote: FOR RICK....my POV, an example of correcting an erroneous article,am I wrong?

If it was just one article, but it was the entire MSM if you'll recall. These people even use the same words and phrases when describing perceived horrors committed by orange man. It's pathetic and definitely not journalism.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Jun 2021 07:09 #6 by koobookie
Rick, what media sources do you think are not worthless?

15 Jun 2021 17:17 #7 by Rick

koobookie wrote: Rick, what media sources do you think are not worthless?

Good question. I actually think most of the media is worthless at different times, depending on the event they are covering. I drive my wife crazy because when something big happens (like cities being burned and looted), I bounce around from source to source on all sides to see how they cover the event, then I use known facts and common sense to conclude who is actually telling the truth and who is painting the event into their desired narrative.

I think it would be a good and informative exercise to discuss news coverage of the current events in real time and see which journalists got it right and which ones got it wrong as truth comes out down the road.

I've been watching Sky News a bit lately and think their coverage of the G7 has been a lot more spot on. You may not see it from your perspective and because of the news sources you consume, but Joe is being laughed at by many of our allies.

I think I'll start a thread... stay tuned, hopefully you will stick around and we can debate perspectives from people outside our country.

George Orwell

15 Jun 2021 19:24 #8 by koobookie
What are the news sources that you bounce on?

15 Jun 2021 22:25 #9 by FredHayek
CNN has pretty much become a press agent for the Biden administration.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Jun 2021 09:16 #10 by Rick

koobookie wrote: What are the news sources that you bounce on?

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "bounce on".

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds