Pulitzer proudly presents........

13 Jun 2021 10:13 #1 by homeagain
www.vanityfair.com/style/2021/06/darnell...special-pulitzer-nod

SPECIAL citation to a citizen journalist....DARNELLA FRAZIER for her brave selfless act.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jun 2021 10:37 - 28 Jun 2021 14:49 #2 by Rick
Sorry, but that's a pretty low bar for "courage". Everybody and their mother has a phone and if someone is in the right place at the right time, suddenly they become a courageous hero because they pull out their phone. That prize now seems as worthless as the Nobel Peace Prize Obama got for no good reason.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

13 Jun 2021 11:49 #3 by homeagain
IT was a poignant live picture that will be a topic of discussion (in classes) for years to come,just like the
sole figure, standing in front of an armed tanker in a square, or the horrific image of the Zaputer film,it will
be archived for racial discussions for years to come....I believe the shortsightedness of your reply is sad.

14 Jun 2021 19:45 #4 by Rick

homeagain wrote: .I believe the shortsightedness of your reply is sad.

Nothing short sighted about it. I just believe that prizes of that magnitude should go to people who are not just walking around with a phone and happen to be in the right place at the right time to take a picture.

I won't argue with you about what should qualify, just look at the history of the prize and all the categories. I just don't see how this merits such an award when you look at the history of this award. But, since the Nobel Peace Prize has become a joke, I guess this would be a normal evolution.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Jun 2021 08:40 - 28 Jun 2021 14:52 #5 by homeagain

Rick wrote: ...But, since the Nobel Peace Prize has become a joke, I guess this would be a normal evolution.

REALLY? I guess Trump is a joke then.....

www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-51063149

15 Jun 2021 14:32 - 28 Jun 2021 14:50 #6 by Rick
How many peace deals did Obama broker? You also know that Trump was nominated but didn't win, right? If he had won the prize, it would have been more deserved than Obama's where he just spoke words of peace but then decided to take out a foreign leader by force. So much for peace.

George Orwell

16 Jun 2021 07:25 #7 by homeagain
ANYONE CAN BE NOMINATED....there were TWO individuals that named Trump...how impressive is THAT?

16 Jun 2021 10:29 - 28 Jun 2021 14:53 #8 by FredHayek
Agree, anyone can be nominated, but after President Trump, Arab and Israeli nations are communicating, trading, and getting along. It used to be a crime for Arab nations to do business with Israel. And remember when the press was attacking Kushner for being an unqualified hire? He did more for Mideast Peace than Kerry and Hillary Clinton combined. More even than President Obama.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Jun 2021 10:36 #9 by FredHayek
In fact, once President Trump lost and President Biden started giving Hamas hundreds of millions of dollars, they started attacking both Arabs and Jews who live in Israel. And the craven Iranian stooges hid their rocket launcher sites near schools and put their headquarters in the AP news building.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Jun 2021 08:37 - 28 Jun 2021 14:53 #10 by Rick
I don't think she has any interest in relative details Fred, but good points.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds