CHARGED in Capitol offense

19 Jul 2021 11:47 #1 by homeagain
www.cnn.com/2021/07/19/politics/capitol-...-hodgkins/index.html

THE NUMBERS 550 AND 230....ATTENTION RICK......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jul 2021 11:51 #2 by FredHayek
Only eight months for trying to overthrow the republic? Sounds like the courts don't believe this was the huge crime that the Democrats and their media lackeys do.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Jul 2021 12:02 #3 by Carrie
Replied by Carrie on topic CHARGED in Capitol offense
If you watched Sunday Morning on CBS, you'd see that there are MANY cases of innocent men still in jail for crimes they didn't commit and for which others confessed because "their time to appeal has run out" or other B.S. reasons. Why would you think there is a correlation between "Legal" and "Justice"? It must have been some biased judge (We got one added to the Supreme Court, if you remember, by the actions of a hypocrite and liar). Treason is treason. Because they weren't charged with it, doesn't mean they aren't guilty of it.

19 Jul 2021 20:46 #4 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic CHARGED in Capitol offense

Carrie wrote: Treason is treason. Because they weren't charged with it, doesn't mean they aren't guilty of it.

Are you saying that you know it was an act of treason but the prosecutor didn't think so? I'm always curious about the knowledge some people have, or think they have when it comes to court cases they have no involvement in. Do you have a link that lists this man's actions that lead you to believe he is guilty of treason and do you knowe the name of the alleged "biased judge"? I'm really not trying to be confrontational, I'm just curious how you came to that conclusion of treason without being in that courtroom and without knowing every detail.

As for HA calling me out... I'm hoping she provides a bit more for me to chew on, like an educated guess as to what percentage of these people will be charged with treason or similar charge.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

19 Jul 2021 21:51 #5 by Carrie
Replied by Carrie on topic CHARGED in Capitol offense
I'm saying when you storm the government building, threaten elected officials and inflict bodily harm or death on law enforcement and elected officials, it is treason. To me, it is a matter of logic by definition, not law. The law is not always logical and certainly not always just. It also has me shaking my head that anyone who believes in a democratic republic thinks this is acceptable behavior. Violence, in my humble opinion, is NEVER an acceptable way to protest, I don't care if it's right/left, black/white, or any other of hundreds of causes. Injury, treason and murder are wrong and I pity the confused who do not agree. Animals kill for defense and food. Humans are the only species who kill indiscriminately. And that makes us top of the hill? How incredibly sad---
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne Harrison, homeagain

20 Jul 2021 07:06 #6 by homeagain
THIS mindset will not change, the nation is so-o-o seriously impaired,all reason as gone out the window.
The puzzling phrase...."BATSHIT CRAZY'' is a brilliant declaration...echo reflection of an autocratic sociopath.

20 Jul 2021 08:39 #7 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic CHARGED in Capitol offense

homeagain wrote: THIS mindset will not change, the nation is so-o-o seriously impaired,all reason as gone out the window.
The puzzling phrase...."BATSHIT CRAZY'' is a brilliant declaration...echo reflection of an autocratic sociopath.

Mind if I ask who you are referring to?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

20 Jul 2021 09:50 #8 by Wayne Harrison

FredHayek wrote: Only eight months for trying to overthrow the republic? Sounds like the courts don't believe this was the huge crime that the Democrats and their media lackeys do.

What happened to Trump's "minimum 10 years in prison" for damaging federal buildings?

Attachments:

21 Jul 2021 10:09 #9 by Wayne Harrison
Federal prosecutors have charged more than 500 people in more than 40 states with participating in the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol, and arrests continue almost daily.

Included are those arrested on charges federal prosecutors have filed since the riot, and those arrested by Capitol Police and D.C. Metro Police for entering the Capitol or for crimes related to weapons or violence.

www.usatoday.com/storytelling/capitol-riot-mob-arrests/

21 Jul 2021 10:34 #10 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: THIS mindset will not change, the nation is so-o-o seriously impaired,all reason as gone out the window.

Mind if I ask who you are referring to?

[/b]

i believe if you use imagination and rational thought,the answer will be apparent.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds