How the GOP 'Backs the Blue'

28 Jul 2021 21:36 #11 by Blazer Bob

driver8 wrote: Pretty cool how they 'back the blue'!

Backing the Blue

I follower your link.

IT IS A F***ING TWEET.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jul 2021 07:53 #12 by Wayne Harrison

Blazer Bob wrote:

driver8 wrote: Pretty cool how they 'back the blue'!

Backing the Blue

I follower your link.

IT IS A F***ING TWEET.

With video of a supposed "Back the Blue" type guy who calls Capitol Police Officer Fanone a despicable voicemail. Since you missed the point of driver8, here's the video that you couldn't seem to find in that short tweet:

29 Jul 2021 08:24 #13 by Wayne Harrison
For those who would rather read the story, here's a link:

D.C. officer who had a heart attack during Capitol riot received vulgar, threatening voice mail for testifying

www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/07/29...reatening-voicemail/

29 Jul 2021 08:43 #14 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic How the GOP 'Backs the Blue'

Wayne Harrison wrote: For those who would rather read the story, here's a link:

D.C. officer who had a heart attack during Capitol riot received vulgar, threatening voice mail for testifying

The cops who had to endure the 750 police hating riots had to endure a whole lot more than that and the media never talked about that horrible environment these public servants had to endure. We have no idea how many of those cops had health issues or died because of that stress because they were not given the same attention as the capital police. We also have no idea how many have committed suicide. Democrats just sat back and took the side of the "mostly peaceful protesors" because of the actions of the few bad ones, and that is unacceptable. I'll defend the capital police the same way I have with all police, but you just can't pick and choose which cops you're backing based on politics. Well, I guess you can, but your credibility would be greatly lacking.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

29 Jul 2021 09:22 #15 by FredHayek
Imagine the suffering of the police officers in Portland who had to deal with radical leftists who carried weapons like bricks and concrete for months instead of a few hours. Or lasers designed to blind them? And then to find out their mayor and city council refused to back them up! Calling first responders the bad guys.

Rick wrote:

Wayne Harrison wrote: For those who would rather read the story, here's a link:

The cops who had to endure the 750 police hating riots had to endure a whole lot more than that and the media never talked about that horrible environment these public servants had to endure. We have no idea how many of those cops had health issues or died because of that stress because they were not given the same attention as the capital police. We also have no idea how many have committed suicide. Democrats just sat back and took the side of the "mostly peaceful protesors" because of the actions of the few bad ones, and that is unacceptable. I'll defend the capital police the same way I have with all police, but you just can't pick and choose which cops you're backing based on politics. Well, I guess you can, but your credibility would be greatly lacking.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 Jul 2021 09:07 #16 by Wayne Harrison
From recent commentaries, it appears the right-wing media is picking and choosing which Blues to back. The DC rioters certainly did. There's nothing like beating a police officer guarding the Capitol with a flagpole that carries the Stars and Stripes while claiming you're a "patriot."

30 Jul 2021 09:12 #17 by FredHayek
People once again are trying to say all conservatives hate the Capitol Police and that is simply a lie. A few whacked out conservatives are giving them grief. No wonder the nation can't come together, everyone is trying to make 50% of the nation look like nutjobs when it is closer to one percent. Liberals have their talking points for the week, smart ones won't use them to tar and feather a party.

30 Jul 2021 11:21 #18 by Wayne Harrison
Where did you get your 1% estimate from, Fred?

30 Jul 2021 14:31 #19 by FredHayek

Wayne Harrison wrote: Where did you get your 1% estimate from, Fred?

Because out of 80 million votes for Trump, less than 500 were at the Capitol on January 6th. What is your estimate of percentage of Radical Republicans? Best guess on Radical Democrats?

31 Jul 2021 07:51 #20 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic How the GOP 'Backs the Blue'

FredHayek wrote:

Wayne Harrison wrote: Where did you get your 1% estimate from, Fred?

Because out of 80 million votes for Trump, less than 500 were at the Capitol on January 6th. What is your estimate of percentage of Radical Republicans? Best guess on Radical Democrats?

This is a question nobody coud ever answer Fred, it's best to just make broad based assumptions based on anecdotal events or individual actions. This is how the whole anti-cop movement started. If the majority of Trump supporters were bad violent people who hated cops, many cities would have burned and would have made the left's summer rioters look like amatuers.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds