Politico: Less Than 25% Of Blacks Vaccinated!

28 Jul 2021 15:12 #1 by FredHayek
Why have the Biden-Harris team been so bad on messaging for this? Do they distrust the US government? Especially after the Tuskegee Syphilis debacle? Will we see the CDC and Biden's give up on the carrot and start using the stick? Require vaccines if federal workers want to keep their jobs? And what will the optics look like? Millions of African Americans lose their jobs because they refuse to get vaccinated?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jul 2021 17:49 #2 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: Why have the Biden-Harris team been so bad on messaging for this? Do they distrust the US government? Especially after the Tuskegee Syphilis debacle? Will we see the CDC and Biden's give up on the carrot and start using the stick? Require vaccines if federal workers want to keep their jobs? And what will the optics look like? Millions of African Americans lose their jobs because they refuse to get vaccinated?

This is a message the worthles press doesn't want to deliver, they want .their loyal folowers to believe it's Trump voters. They also don't want their followers to remember their vaccine skepticism when Trump was in office.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

29 Jul 2021 11:19 #3 by FredHayek
Even more disturbing is the vaccine hesitancy among first responders and medical workers. I got the vaccine as soon as I could, but why are the health professionals so resistant to getting their jabs? :coffeenews:

29 Jul 2021 13:47 #4 by FredHayek
The Capitol has gone back to requiring masks indoors because infections are spreading through DC right now. 40% of the population is unvaccinated yet 95% voted for President Biden. Why has his messaging failed so badly? He can get Democrats to vote for him but they don't trust him?

30 Jul 2021 09:01 #5 by Wayne Harrison

FredHayek wrote: The Capitol has gone back to requiring masks indoors because infections are spreading through DC right now. 40% of the population is unvaccinated yet 95% voted for President Biden.

I'm sure Trump will claim he won D.C.at some point, even though he only received 5.4% of the D.C. vote. That is quite remarkable: losing by almost 300,000 votes.

www.politico.com/2020-election/results/washington-dc/

30 Jul 2021 09:14 #6 by FredHayek

Wayne Harrison wrote:

FredHayek wrote: The Capitol has gone back to requiring masks indoors because infections are spreading through DC right now. 40% of the population is unvaccinated yet 95% voted for President Biden.

I'm sure Trump will claim he won D.C.at some point, even though he only received 5.4% of the D.C. vote. That is quite remarkable: losing by almost 300,000 votes.

www.politico.com/2020-election/results/washington-dc/

Maybe Biden got their votes because DC has managed to not only have one of the worst school districts in the US, it's costs per student are one of the highest.

30 Jul 2021 11:29 #7 by Wayne Harrison

FredHayek wrote: Maybe Biden got their votes because DC has managed to not only have one of the worst school districts in the US, it's costs per student are one of the highest.

I don't follow. Because DC has "one of the worst school districts" and its cost per student "are one of the highest" and that resulted in Biden getting 95% of the vote"?

Are DC voters 95% Democrat? A more plausible explanation is many Republicans chose not to vote to give Trump another term and voted for Biden.

30 Jul 2021 14:28 #8 by FredHayek
76% of voters in DC are registered Democrats. 6% are registered Republicans. I wonder if many Republicans skip the vote because they know it just won't matter. I know a pair of Republicans who live in Denver who have stopped voting.

31 Jul 2021 09:08 #9 by Wayne Harrison
No wonder Republicans are fighting tooth and nail not to give D.C. representation in Congress.

31 Jul 2021 10:13 #10 by FredHayek

Wayne Harrison wrote: No wonder Republicans are fighting tooth and nail not to give D.C. representation in Congress.

Just supporting what the forefathers intended.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds