Dozens of Los Alamos Scientists To Be Fired

16 Oct 2021 09:37 - 16 Oct 2021 09:38 #1 by FredHayek
They have refused the vaccine after looking at the data. These doctors have decided that the risks of a rushed vaccine without years of data aren't worth it. :grouphug: Why are so many healthcare workers and scientists vaccine resistant? And why aren't we doing more antibody tests? If you have already had Covid-19, you shouldn't need the vaccine. I saw a story out of Australia which recommends getting Covid-19 after you had the shot. Sort of a super booster program.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Oct 2021 12:22 #2 by ramage
Hey Fred,

We have the Hydrogen bomb, why would we need nuclear scientists?
I wonder if there were considered essential workers last year, as were the medicos, police and firemen.
Guess they aren't as essential as first thought.
Administrators are running amok, physicians and ICU nurses are being fired for not being vaccinated. They were on the frontline for more than a year, no matter "What have they done for us lately?"

16 Oct 2021 14:38 #3 by FredHayek
Delta Airlines CEO has said they are refusing to mandate vaccines for employees. I wonder if they will start hiring pilots and other workers from the airlines who aren't mandating vaccines. There is a large group of Americans like myself who support vaccinations but don't like the idea of vaccine mandates. And will the Biden Administration penalize the companies that won't require it?

18 Oct 2021 10:14 #4 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Delta Airlines CEO has said they are refusing to mandate vaccines for employees. I wonder if they will start hiring pilots and other workers from the airlines who aren't mandating vaccines. There is a large group of Americans like myself who support vaccinations but don't like the idea of vaccine mandates. And will the Biden Administration penalize the companies that won't require it?

What is your opinion on the vaccine mandates for public schools or universities?

18 Oct 2021 10:55 #5 by FredHayek
I wouldn't require vaccines if you have medical reasons to not get the vaccine. I would also let those who have beat Covid-19 opt out too.

18 Oct 2021 11:13 #6 by koobookie
I'm not understanding how it's acceptable to require vaccines for measles, polio, etc., in order to attend public school, but the requirement for covid-19 vaccine is unacceptable.

18 Oct 2021 11:44 #7 by FredHayek
Because the other vaccines have years of testing and awareness of the side effects? Right now it is looking like for young, healthy people that the vaccines might be worse than their chances of death from Covid-19. Plus pregnant women, would your vaccine mandate give them a pass?

18 Oct 2021 12:37 #8 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Because the other vaccines have years of testing and awareness of the side effects? Right now it is looking like for young, healthy people that the vaccines might be worse than their chances of death from Covid-19. Plus pregnant women, would your vaccine mandate give them a pass?

First of all, it's not MY mandate.

Second, it's not a mandate, as there is usually an opt out to be tested weekly - or you can find other employment that doesn't require a vaccination.

As to the side effects and testing, SC has posted information on those issues, which I would encourage you to read.

18 Oct 2021 13:49 - 18 Oct 2021 14:10 #9 by homeagain
The problem is...because of the expediting of the process,information appears to be incomplete and
confusing. NOW, they have decided that J&J should have been TWO SHOTS, and that boosters are
probably going to be with us on going. When U confuse the issue,U LOOSE CREDIBILITY. I am NOT
going down this rabbit hole. WTH, you attempt to be informed and then make a decision. I keep imaging
the scene in CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE FOURTH KIND,U know where the gov./army is attempting to keep people away from the UFO site and make up the air quality thing,insisting they wear gas masks because it is dangerous....THEN the main character takes off his mask and breathes fresh air. The gov.
had "conjured " up a scheme to wrangle the "sheeple". Yes, COVID is real, yes precautions should be
instituted,BUT mandating this is wrong thinking. JMO

news.yahoo.com/why-covid-boosters-werent-tweaked-152330064.html THE reason for my stance
on this issue.....52 card pick up is NOT my fav past time.

18 Oct 2021 15:16 #10 by Rick

koobookie wrote: I'm not understanding how it's acceptable to require vaccines for measles, polio, etc., in order to attend public school, but the requirement for covid-19 vaccine is unacceptable.

Could you please look up the data as to the chance of serious medical issues and death when you compare Measles and Polio to Covid for people under 18? I think you'll discover two things..
1. Covid has a near zero risk to children while the other two you mentioned have a 30% or more fatality rate.
2. Polio and Measles vaccines are actually proven vaccines that prevent infection as well as the spread of the diseases while the covid shots do not.

If you're trying to make the argument of "if it saves just one child", then we should mandate flu shots and permanent masking since the flu is as deadly or more deadly to children.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds