Supreme Court Argues Roe

02 Dec 2021 09:23 #11 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Supreme Court Argues Roe
You never answered the question. The question wasn't about what happens to a baby after it's born, I asked when in a pregnancy is it wrong to end that life. Are you ok with someone wanting to end their pregnancy at 6, 7, 8, 9 months? You either believe that there is a point where an abortion would be immoral or you think there is no point where it is immoral and wrong. If you don't want to share your opinion on that question, then just say so.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Dec 2021 09:42 - 02 Dec 2021 09:43 #12 by Rick

homeagain wrote: THE REAL problem is ......who is going to take on the overwhelming responsibility to raise the infant to adulthood ...18 yrs. and do so in a caring,thoughtful and affordable living arrangement,...THE MAN?

How Can I Find an Accurate Number of Parents Waiting to Adopt?

While it is difficult to find an exact, accurate number to answer this question, Some sources estimate that there are about 2 million couples currently waiting to adopt in the United States — which means there are as many as 36 waiting families for every one child who is placed for adoption. Based on this couples waiting to adopt statistic, many couples are waiting to adopt.

www.americanadoptions.com/pregnant/waiting_adoptive_families

There's plenty of people who want to adopt unwanted babies. The real problem is a systemic lack of personal responsibility, We all make good and bad decisions where we have to face consequences for. If I drive drunk and take a life I have to face those consequences. Unfortunately, too many people have discounted unborn children to the point where they refuse to call it 'life' so they don't have to feel any guilt.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

02 Dec 2021 10:27 #13 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Supreme Court Argues Roe

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote: So you believe 9 people who did well in law school should decide for everyone? You should remember that individual states make decisions about the death penalty as well.

Just curious HA, would you be willing to tell me what stage of a pregnancy you feel is too late to have an abortion?

[/b]

when THE FETUS IS VIABLE AND CAN LIVE OUTSIDE THE WOMB,technology has improved those odds immensely. THE REAL problem is ......who is going to take on the overwhelming responsibility to raise the infant to adulthood ...18 yrs. and do so in a caring,thoughtful and affordable living arrangement,...THE MAN?

Rick,I answered the question...when the fetus IS viable OUTSIDE OF THE WOMB (I also stated that the
timeline for that has improved thru technology....how can I make this clearer.?

02 Dec 2021 10:50 #14 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Supreme Court Argues Roe
HA,
You can make it clearer by stating what time you consider a fetus to be viable outside of the womb. Is your statement predicated on viability without medical support?

02 Dec 2021 15:54 #15 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Supreme Court Argues Roe

ramage wrote: HA,
You can make it clearer by stating what time you consider a fetus to be viable outside of the womb. Is your statement predicated on viability without medical support?

[/b]

OMG.....let me just do the research....22 WEEKS IS MARGINAL......

www.babycenter.com/baby/premature-babies...de-the-womb_10419991

02 Dec 2021 20:15 #16 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Supreme Court Argues Roe
Please do all the research you desire, HA.
You have may it obvious that you have no opinion of viability, but have no hesitancy in commenting.

The question is very straightforward. When does life begin? Do you really need to do research on order to have a position? This in not about the beginning of Covid, rather the beginning of human life.

02 Dec 2021 20:20 #17 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Supreme Court Argues Roe
For me it is less about surviving outside the womb and more about the pain they feel when they get their limbs ripped off. Would seem to violate the Hippocratic oath.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Dec 2021 21:11 #18 by Carrie
Replied by Carrie on topic Supreme Court Argues Roe
I've talked to a lot of people over the years about abortion (and counselled their kids) and I've found that many the men who oppose abortion use breeding as their proof of manhood, even though they won't admit it. How many of you who oppose abortion have adopted the unwanted children or just bred your own? Most are adopted by those who CAN'T breed their own. And the women who oppose abortion use breeding as their justification for their existence. You breeders should take into consideration the rampant over-population of humanity, what it is doing to the earth and other species in relation to the world you are leaving to those children. Perhaps a little more attention should be put on how well children are raised, and not how many. I counseled a lot of those kids. Its a good thing I'm not in charge of this world because people would be held a lot more accountable both for the present and the future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: homeagain

02 Dec 2021 21:30 #19 by Rick
Carrie, your post is chocked full of you assumptions and opinions but I'm not seeing any facts mixed in there. You seem to have disdain for "breeders". Are you a "breeder" or are you a parent like myself who was extremely careful during all of my single years and was responsible enough to not get anyone pregnant until I was married? I don't care either way, but to understand your perspective better, it would help to know if you have any children.

Are you in favor of abortion at any stage or is there a point where you think a baby is too far along to be killed?

George Orwell

02 Dec 2021 21:43 #20 by Rick

homeagain wrote:
Rick,I answered the question...when the fetus IS viable OUTSIDE OF THE WOMB (I also stated that the
timeline for that has improved thru technology....how can I make this clearer.?

You're right, that was my mistake because your last sentence made me forget about the first one. Your view is a lot more reasonable than most of the pro-choice crowd I've talked to about this. We have current laws that are only aligned with countries like N Korea and China and most European countries are more strict about when an abortion can take place. Mississippi has the most restrictive abortion laws yet I think there's about 40 European countries that are more strict.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds