Supreme Court Argues Roe

07 Dec 2021 13:37 #31 by ScienceChic
Most states already have restrictions for later-term abortions. If they want to move that back to earlier in the pregnancy, then they need to get rid of ANY waiting periods, requirements for ultrasounds, etc that take time, and let a woman get an abortion as soon as she wants to so she is within the legal/acceptable time period.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Dec 2021 17:13 #32 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Supreme Court Argues Roe
I think I've had about 20 ultrasounds and they only take a few minutes, so I don't think that's much of a factor. I don't think a woman should be forced to look at an ultrasound, but I do think it should be offered to those women who are conflicted about the choice.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

08 Dec 2021 07:02 #33 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Supreme Court Argues Roe

Rick wrote: I think I've had about 20 ultrasounds and they only take a few minutes, so I don't think that's much of a factor. I don't think a woman should be forced to look at an ultrasound, but I do think it should be offered to those women who are conflicted about the choice.

[/b]

FAIR statement,but here's the problem...the timeline to schedule date for this AND the availability of teks (med professionals r leaving the industry at an alarming rate)is the issue...when time is of the essence and u r up against running clock....THIS requirement is delay tactic and it has ALREADY been implemented by
KAVANAUGH, when planned parenthood/ACLU went to court to plea a decision....that was a couple of years ago...look it up

08 Dec 2021 11:44 #34 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Supreme Court Argues Roe
Having an abortion is a huge decision. And I think women should take some time to reflect on their choice.
It could haunt them for a very long time.
I know one woman who was forced by her BF a decade ago to have an abortion and she wishes now that she had kept the child.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Dec 2021 17:02 #35 by ScienceChic
FH, I'm sorry for your friend, but if she had a BF who was forcing her, I highly doubt any extra time would've changed that outcome.

Govenment-mandated ultrasounds prior to an abortion procedure are deliberately intended to delay and emotionally blackmail a woman into not getting an abortion. If you are against government-mandated health procedures, then you should be against this requirement which is a law in several states.

Not only that, but several more states force women to make multiple trips to the clinic (which penalizes poor women who can't take extra time off work, have to find babysitters they can't afford, or who have to use public transportation), and to wait a certain amount of time between first seeking out an abortion, and actually getting one. Again, if they are going to be forced to decide before 15 weeks, then ALL these manipulative tactics must be stopped and women should be allowed to get them as soon as they request them.

Requirements for Ultrasound
Guttmacher Institute | November 1, 2021

Mandated Ultrasound Prior to Abortion
AMA Journal of Ethics | April 2014

Government-Mandated Delays Before Abortion
ACLU | Last updated: Jan. 2003

Now, if you truly want to reduce the number of abortions that occur, then start providing birth control more readily and continue to teach sex education in schools.

Colorado abortion rates keep declining. Free IUDs and easier access to the pill are the reason.
Health officials say Colorado has made huge progress in access to birth control in recent years
Jennifer Brown, The Colorado Sun | Oct 21, 2019

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

08 Dec 2021 20:26 #36 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Supreme Court Argues Roe
California is looking into providing flights and abortions for women stuck in Red States if Roe V. Wade is overturned.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Dec 2021 21:26 #37 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Supreme Court Argues Roe
Rove V. Wade is not the issue in front of the Supreme Court. Dobbs V. Mississippi, the case litigated, concerns the state judgement that after 15 weeks abortion is infanticide, i.e. a human infant is being killed.
Doesn't it seem odd that a State would provide transportation for individuals to partake in state funded activities, even though the individual has no connection with the State?

09 Dec 2021 07:06 #38 by homeagain
[quote="ramage" post=389225]Rove V. Wade is not the issue in front of the Supreme Court. Dobbs V. Mississippi, the case litigated, concerns the state judgement that after 15 weeks abortion is infanticide, i.e. a human infant is being killed.
Doesn't it seem odd that a State would provide transportation for individuals to partake in state funded activities, even though the individual has no connection with the State?[/quote]

YES,IT IS A TEST CASE....WITH ANOTHER CASE UPCOMING.. This first case sets a precedence for the second.....(my understanding)

10 Dec 2021 07:42 #39 by homeagain
TEXAS LOST it's case......ruled Unconstitutional..

10 Dec 2021 08:29 #40 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Supreme Court Argues Roe

homeagain wrote: TEXAS LOST it's case......ruled Unconstitutional..

I think you're a little wrong on that. It's a split ruling that gives the pro choice groups the ability to litigate in lower courts. The law still stands, for now.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds