US Predists Ukrainian Invasion By Russia

11 Feb 2022 12:34 #1 by FredHayek
Next week. US citizens are told to get out now. The American military will not be there to help.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Feb 2022 13:00 #2 by ramage
I have not read any news that indicates other sovereign governments are urging their citizens to leave Ukraine. what am I missing?

11 Feb 2022 13:07 #3 by ramage
After posting, I found that Netherlands, Japan and Israel have encouraged their citizens to evacuate. Strangely not Canada, Britain, (which have sent weapons to Ukraine) and Germany.
"gotta luv" the U.S. Canada and Britain. Usually before a fight one asks "Hold my coat" in this case, they have said we'll supply the gloves but won't fight.

11 Feb 2022 13:22 #4 by ramage
It is good to know that Biden is taking a calm approach. (sarcasm)

Despite repeated warnings from Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky that the U.S. is driving the rise of tensions at Ukraine's eastern border, the U.S. Air Force has deployed four B-52 bombers with nuclear capabilities to the U.K., where one official acknowledged that the deployment is at least partially connected to Russia's recent military activities.

www.commondreams.org/news/2022/02/11/ami...eady-b-52-bombers-uk

11 Feb 2022 20:53 #5 by FredHayek
The UK and Canada are also asking their citizens to leave now. The Ukrainian government still is saying there won't be an invasion but their commanders are preparing for it.

12 Feb 2022 07:50 #6 by Rick

ramage wrote: It is good to know that Biden is taking a calm approach. (sarcasm)

Despite repeated warnings from Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky that the U.S. is driving the rise of tensions at Ukraine's eastern border, the U.S. Air Force has deployed four B-52 bombers with nuclear capabilities to the U.K., where one official acknowledged that the deployment is at least partially connected to Russia's recent military activities.

www.commondreams.org/news/2022/02/11/ami...eady-b-52-bombers-uk

The weakest leader in the world poking an enemy who knows there's zero chance he'll provide any resistance. Well done Joe.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Feb 2022 08:44 #7 by FredHayek
US and Russian diplomats stationed in Kiev are now evacuating.

12 Feb 2022 16:03 #8 by ramage

13 Feb 2022 07:55 #9 by FredHayek
I think Putin's main goal is to take back the former republics of the Soviet Union. He already has chunks of Georgia and Ukraine. If I lived in the Baltic States, I would be very worried. I don't think the West has the stomach for a major fight right now.

24 Feb 2022 09:16 #10 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: I think Putin's main goal is to take back the former republics of the Soviet Union. He already has chunks of Georgia and Ukraine. If I lived in the Baltic States, I would be very worried. I don't think the West has the stomach for a major fight right now.

PUTIN'S plan has ALWAYS been to restore Russia to it's "rightful" place on the world stage......the plan, Sam has been successful....we r now seeing US intel become reality. the way this plays out is a done deal. Putin
has retained leadership and NOW is implementing an impressive incursion.....his dream was drawn out
MANY years ago. When U R invested in a result, USUALLY that comes to be.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds