Shanghai Continues Lockdown

15 Apr 2022 13:43 #11 by hillfarmer
Just checking in to see what the latest looney far right conspiracy theory is. Found it. Thanks for holding them to account, HA. I notice they never did bother to give you any links; just proceeded with the usual bashing. While the situation in Shanghai is obviously distressing, I'm not seeing any credible sources to support this latest conspiracy theory. That is, unless you consider the bat signals from Carlson, Hannity and QAnon as credible sources....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Apr 2022 13:58 #12 by FredHayek

hillfarmer wrote: Just checking in to see what the latest looney far right conspiracy theory is. Found it. Thanks for holding them to account, HA. I notice they never did bother to give you any links; just proceeded with the usual bashing. While the situation in Shanghai is obviously distressing, I'm not seeing any credible sources to support this latest conspiracy theory. That is, unless you consider the bat signals from Carlson, Hannity and QAnon as credible sources....

What conspiracy theory are we claiming? What have we said is untrue? Please tell me. Do you think Shanghai hasn't been locked down? Do you think the American government isn't evacuating non-essential personnel?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Apr 2022 16:52 - 15 Apr 2022 16:52 #13 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Shanghai Continues Lockdown
Good luck trying to pry a regular conversation out of that one, Fred. He/she is just a hit and run critic.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Apr 2022 22:08 #14 by FredHayek
Two people in this thread have accused me of lying and neither one will even tell me what I am lying about. Is this a violation of board rules? Or even just general human decency?

16 Apr 2022 08:42 #15 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: SMH, I don't understand why you couldn't believe my initial post. Numerous sources were reporting it, not only media but governments like China and the US. And I thought it was important to bring up because Ukraine is filling the mainstream. Sorry Ms. Doubting Thomas. If you don't trust me without a link, then please just ignore my threads. I wasn't lying in any way.

NEVER did I state u were a liar...all I asked was a source for information....I would ask that OF ANYONE.
There is so much diluted,deceptive,out right dumb info floating around.....sourcing a statement allows for
further research. As u (collectively) pointed out (often) FAKE NEWS.....so asking for a source is a fundamental (and correct)question. JMO

16 Apr 2022 10:04 #16 by FredHayek
I just think it is funny that you of all people ask for a source when your sources are so often op-ed's and not actual news stories. Sorry, I didn't know you were so uninformed about China. Had the Atlantic magazine decided they couldn't blame President Trump for the lockdown so they weren't going to do an opinion piece on tens of millions of Chinese citizens being locked in their apartments with minimal deliveries of food?

16 Apr 2022 10:13 #17 by Rick
She didn't say you were a liar, just that you are not credible, which is pretty close to the same thing. CNN is dying because they are not credible, because they lie consistently.

I would be way more interested in debating people who just told me what they believed was true instead of jamming a source in my face, or worse, pages of copied opinions and a source.

My reasoning is this, if someone tells me a story they believe is true and I'm uninformed about said story, that forces me to do my own research to agree with or disagree with the information.

The LAZIEST thing someone can do is to write a sentence about a story that doesn't tell me how they feel about the story and then toss in the source so I can try to guess how the OP feels about the story.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

16 Apr 2022 10:21 #18 by homeagain
HOW I FEEL.......don't mean a thing UNLESS U CAN PROVE CREDIBILITY......AS AN EXAMPLE

www.indiatoday.in/fact-check/story/moskv...e-1937965-2022-04-15

WAS THIS AN ACCURATE PICTURE AND NARRATIVE?????

16 Apr 2022 10:39 #19 by Rick
Sorry HA, but I've yet to see you object about the last 5 years of massive disinformation and omitted stories that were all meant to hurt Trump instead of just reporting facts. If you're suddenly interested in accurate news that has been vetted and not altered or omitted, I'd be much more inclined to think of your motives as being sincere.

The fact is, you can't give me ONE source that I can't prove lacks credibility because of their past 5 years of news reporting. Care to take the test?

George Orwell

16 Apr 2022 13:00 #20 by homeagain
I do not have to take the test....A JURY ALREADY participated in a trial and came back with a CORRECT UNDERSTANDING of what took place on Jan. 6th....TRUMP INCITED A RIOT..(LISTEN TO THE DEFENDANTS EXPLANATION) ....THE JURY FOUND HIM GUILTY...

here it is in explicit detail

www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/man-who-bl...rection-found-guilty

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds