Right wing traitors strike again

28 Oct 2022 17:42 #1 by Carrie
How sick do you have to be to break into a home and beat an old man with a hammer because you don't like his wife's politics? The extreme right is getting more and more violent, They charged him with attempted murder. They should call it what it is and add a charge of treason.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Oct 2022 19:55 #2 by homeagain
NOT even midterms yet....wanton wreckage awaits.

29 Oct 2022 15:19 #3 by MountainRoadCrew

29 Oct 2022 15:30 - 29 Oct 2022 15:32 #4 by ScienceChic
Treason, definition: the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government.

Sorry, but that's going too far to call this treasonous. Maybe he broke in looking for Nancy, maybe not. Not only are we far from getting all the facts about this case to even begin making any judgements, he attacked the Speaker of the House's spouse, not the Speaker herself and certainly not POTUS. He didn't attempt to overthrow the government, nor would even killing the Speaker destroy the government.

I don't care about this dude's politics, or if he's mentally incompetent to even stand trial at this point. The fact is that he beat an elderly man. Full stop. That's something we all should agree is heinous and stop bringing politics into it. We're never going to move forward as a nation if we keep treating every crime as a gorram political football and using it to attack one another.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick

29 Oct 2022 19:55 #5 by Rick
While I appreciate your response SC, I have to wonder why my comment was sent to the ring while the OP’s unsubstantiated and divisive statement gets to remain. I don’t believe my words violated any of your rules but maybe I missed a new one.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

29 Oct 2022 20:05 - 30 Oct 2022 00:31 #6 by ramage
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
the police have now released information that the assailant was known to Paul Pelosi.
Don't you find it interesting that he was arrested in his underwear at 2:30 AM? Also that he made no statement to the police but Pelosi's media manager said that he was looking for Nancy?

29 Oct 2022 20:05 #7 by Rick
As for the word “treason”, I consider it to be the intentional harm perpetrated on our country, committed by people who have the power to do so. Washington is currently full of such people.

Acts of violence committed by individuals are criminal acts. My Bernie Bro example that was sent to the ring was also not an act of treason even though all the targets were Republican politicians.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

29 Oct 2022 20:21 #8 by ramage
It gets better. Paul Pelosi described David as a friend in his call to 911. Good to see that Nancy's beau has right wing traitor friends Unfortunate that his friend was not a woman in her underwear at 2:30 AM in his abode.
But we all know what this right wing traitors are like, they pretend to be male prostitutes so as to infiltrate the deep state.

30 Oct 2022 00:41 #9 by ScienceChic
Every comment following the reply that necessitated the splitting out was moved because it needed to stay with the thread of those comments. You are welcome to add the comment about the attacks on Republicans without making it personal.

Ramage, re-posting what you wrote verbatim that was moved to the Ring is a good way to get your posting privileges revoked. Don’t push me.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Oct 2022 08:06 #10 by Rick
I'm just wondering if I could even start a thread about Left Wing Traitors as a reaction to what the left is doing to our country. I seem to recall that kind of divisive thread was not tolerated... maybe times have changed so I'll roll with the precedent.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds