ASSISTED SUICIDE

03 Dec 2022 09:11 #11 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic ASSISTED SUICIDE
SINCERELY .....let me give u a primer on MAID....the DOCTOR does not administer the "cocktail"/drug. He only writes the the script, YOU HAVE TO FILL IT, YOU HAVE TO FIND THE MONEY AND U R THE SOLE PERSON THAT PROVIDES THE RELIEF,BY YOUR OWN HAND....no one can aid u in the process,it is by your own hand. (loved ones can be present,but that is the extent of their participation.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Dec 2022 13:11 #12 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic ASSISTED SUICIDE
That sounds reasonable. I have been reading stories out of Canada where they are encouraging relatively young and fit people to look at euthanasia.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Dec 2022 15:53 #13 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic ASSISTED SUICIDE
".the DOCTOR does not administer the "cocktail"/drug. He only writes the the script,"

Similar to "I only gave the order, I did not turn on the gas in the chamber."

Without the order, in both scenarios, nothing happens unless someone else takes responsibility.

04 Dec 2022 07:15 #14 by homeagain

ramage wrote: ".the DOCTOR does not administer the "cocktail"/drug. He only writes the the script,"

Similar to "I only gave the order, I did not turn on the gas in the chamber."

Without the order, in both scenarios, nothing happens unless someone else takes responsibility.

[/b]

let ME CLARIFY,ONCE AGAIN......it is a legal action (gas chamber is an incredible poor analogy) I live on the western slope, the availability of a doctor/pharmacist who will HONOR THE LAW is non existent....I have to make a trip OVER MONARCH PASS to SALIDA'S HEART OF THE ROCKIES HOSPITAL , it is a travesty to be in pain and dying of a terminal illness and NOT HAVE THE LAW IMPLEMENTED.

again, several books by ATUL AWAGADA (spg?) ... A doctor, who "gets it".....I suggest u (collectively)
read thru those books and then come back to discuss the topic...BEING MORTAL is a start.

05 Dec 2022 18:21 #15 by FredHayek
There is medical tourism. How about suicide tourism? Just a flight to Canada. Or Netherlands.

15 Feb 2023 17:39 #16 by ramage
Seems to be some buyer's remorse on the part of practioners of assisted suicide in Canada.

"CANADIAN NEWS Feb 14, 2023
Canadian euthanasia provider 'regrets' ending life of young cancer patient who had 65% chance for cure
"The whole thing usually takes about five minutes, although it took longer than usual in this case because the patient was otherwise young and healthy. Eventually their heart stopped," Li said."
"Li writes about how she regrets providing MAID to a young person with cancer that had a 65 percent chance of cure. The person refused treatment, and two other MAID assessors agreed that they had met the criteria for eligibility. The person had a "grievous irremediable condition," which she says was only irremediable because the person refused the treatments available. "
"
"I didn’t regret it at first. But when I started thinking deeply about how to better safeguard this process, I regretted ending this young person’s life. I just parachuted in, I didn’t know this patient. And I didn’t take the time to have a meaningful discussion with them."

Welcome to "woke medicine". What I would like to know is who influenced the patient to refuse therapy.
However, the Canadian Health Service saved a lot of money.
thepostmillennial.com/canadian-euthanasi...letter&utm_term=7579

16 Feb 2023 13:06 #17 by FredHayek
Does it seem to you like the younger generations are more weak than we were? They let relatively minor crises defeat them. And since more are secular, I can see suicide and assisted suicide rates rising. Suicide isn't a sin for them.

Already suicides are rising for kids forced to go back to school. They had declined during the Zoom/Covid-19 classrooms.

16 Feb 2023 19:16 #18 by ramage
I can opine about the youth of today as a group but that would be based on nothing more than what I read.
My personal experience is that of having raised children and watching my grandchildren growing up. From this perspective I would say no to the proposition that kids are more weak than we are. I got to spend time with the friends and parents of my children and later the parents of friends of my grandchildren. There was only one divorce among the parents and it occurred when the kids were in high school and as amicable divorce as one can have ( they are back together).
Knew these kids through HS and college/service and all did well. Some keg parties, and marijuana use but nothing more.
With regard to the grandkids, half of which are now teenagers, again from a two parent home and no problems with school and other kids. We enjoy watching them in their various activities. Both generations grew up in multiracial neighborhoods,
I have difficulty with judging the current generation. What I know, based on my personal interactions, is very different from what I read/see in the news reports. But then again I live in fly-over country.

17 Feb 2023 14:04 #19 by ramage
To fill out my previous comment, there were no suicides or attempted suicides from my children's cohort nor from that of my grandchildren. No question in my mind that the family environment or lack therefore is the primary reason for kids who attempt suicide.
On another note a committee established by Trudeau has recommended that "mature minors" be allowed to opt for MAID.
Canada is one of the world's leaders in MAID and coincidently a leader on organ transplants from MAID victims.
"
“I was rather proud that Canada has done so well in terms of organ donation by MAID patients,” Arthur Schafer, director of the Centre for Professional and Applied Ethics at the University of Manitoba said.

MAiD has also seen several controversies in recent months, including reports of veterans being recommended assisted suicide to treat post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and one veteran having MAiD suggested because she was not able to get a chair lift installed in her home.

Others have reported seeing people request information about MAiD not for reasons of health but rather due to poverty, with a food bank director in Mississauga near Toronto claiming to have heard clients considering assisted suicide as food bank usage has soared. "
www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/02/17/cana...de-to-mature-minors/

22 Mar 2023 10:53 - 22 Mar 2023 10:58 #20 by homeagain
www.acamaid.org/

Patient Information
Intake form for the Academy’s Patient to Doctor Referral System

For answers to your questions about the path to aid in dying, to preparing for the day…
Medical Aid in Dying: A Guide for Patients and their Supporters
Instructions for Mixing Aid-in-Dying Medications
Video: An enactment of an Aid-in-Dying Day at the Bedside

If you have a terminal condition and are considering aid in dying, we will refer you to physicians who can consider your aid-in-dying request. The requirements are that you:
*Live in a state where aid in dying is legal
*Have a terminal diagnosis with a less than six-month prognosis
*Have the capacity to make your own medical decisions.
Please be sure to ask your present doctors about your request. If they are not experienced with aid in dying, let them know that the Academy’s physicians will work with them on the details, from the law to the medications used. There is no charge for this and they do not have to be a member of the Academy. Please share our contact information with your doctors: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
If you have approached your doctors about medical aid in dying and continue to need a referral to a physician who will participate, please fill out our referral intake form below.
Here are some details about Completing the Path to Medical Aid in Dying.
Here is an explanation of the Potential Fees and Expenses for Medical Aid in Dying. Please read this.
Submitting this form is your permission for us to share your information with potential aid-in-dying physicians and other related health care providers who may participate in your evaluation for and/or care related to medical aid in dying.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds