UNIVERSAL LAW....unleashes ugly thruths

08 Jan 2023 11:20 - 08 Jan 2023 12:06 #21 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: Good point. Saw so many legislators from both parties joking

nd talking with each other during the McCarthy votes.

that IS BECAUSE THE WHOLE OF THE EXERCISE WAS A JOKE....he caved,creating a huge problem moving forward...ONE VOTE???? r u friggin kidding me....ONE VOTE and everything hits a brick wall.

www.npr.org/2023/01/08/1147626390/mccart...lican-party-congress

McCarthy's struggles point to troubles ahead for his office, his party and Congress

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2023 18:56 #22 by FredHayek
Because you think Congress is there to solve problems. After decades of seeing them in action, I believe the less Congress does, the better for Americans.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

09 Jan 2023 08:13 #23 by homeagain
I think u missed the part about the R"S being in trouble......

09 Jan 2023 08:34 #24 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: Because you think Congress is there to solve problems. After decades of seeing them in action, I believe the less Congress does, the better for Americans.

Exactly right. The best thing Congress could do for the American people at this point is to do NOTHING. The problem is, half the country wants the government to control everything and they have no idea how bad of a job they are doing.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

09 Jan 2023 09:42 #25 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: I think u missed the part about the R"S being in trouble......

SELECTIVE reading will not get u out of the dumpster....deal with it,we r fubared even further.

09 Jan 2023 12:04 #26 by homeagain
www.inquirer.com/opinion/commentary/mcca...y-rule-20230108.html

McCarthy’s exhausting election was not so much an ending as a beginning — the launch of a crisis in which the American Experiment will be held hostage for the next two years by the ever-changing moods of the most extreme whack jobs in American politics. The real fun is likely to start — according to Wall Street analysts — around August, when the government’s deficit spending is projected to bump up against the current debt ceiling of more than $31 trillion.

Although there’s a powerful argument that the debt ceiling isn’t even necessary, it nevertheless exists — and Republicans have used this, along with our complicated constitutional system of checks and balances that increasingly empowers unpopular viewpoints, in an effort to blackmail Washington toward governmental shrinkage and meltdown. Without legislation this summer, the United States faces the very real prospect of a damaging default on its debt obligations, as well as scenarios in which things like Social Security or military salaries aren’t

GET IN ,BUCKLE UP and watch the monetary mayhem.....a shut down? REMEMBER HOW WELL THAT WENT THE LAST TIME someone tried to one flex their muscles????

09 Jan 2023 12:31 #27 by ramage
REMEMBER HOW WELL THAT WENT THE LAST TIME someone tried to one flex their muscles????

I don't. Please explain.

09 Jan 2023 14:00 #28 by FredHayek
Another partisan opinion piece. Just more wishful thinking.

homeagain wrote: www.inquirer.com/opinion/commentary/mcca...y-rule-20230108.html

McCarthy’s exhausting election was not so much an ending as a beginning — the launch of a crisis in which the American Experiment will be held hostage for the next two years by the ever-changing moods of the most extreme whack jobs in American politics. The real fun is likely to start — according to Wall Street analysts — around August, when the government’s deficit spending is projected to bump up against the current debt ceiling of more than $31 trillion.

Although there’s a powerful argument that the debt ceiling isn’t even necessary, it nevertheless exists — and Republicans have used this, along with our complicated constitutional system of checks and balances that increasingly empowers unpopular viewpoints, in an effort to blackmail Washington toward governmental shrinkage and meltdown. Without legislation this summer, the United States faces the very real prospect of a damaging default on its debt obligations, as well as scenarios in which things like Social Security or military salaries aren’t

GET IN ,BUCKLE UP and watch the monetary mayhem.....a shut down? REMEMBER HOW WELL THAT WENT THE LAST TIME someone tried to one flex their muscles????

09 Jan 2023 14:04 #29 by FredHayek
Last session of Congress, a bunch of RINO's joined up with Democrats to spend 1.7 trillion that is bring financed at record high rates. Liberals think this was a great omnibus.

A key group of Republicans in the new Congress are standing up to this wasteful debt accumulation and the DC Beltway Boys think it is a bad thing.

Stick me with the Boeberts who want to see less spending, even less defense spending! Let's hold the line on the budget for once!

10 Jan 2023 06:59 #30 by homeagain
hm-m-m-m, LET ME THINK, Wall St gurus,or quirky Q follower, who use to strap a gun to her thigh and
run a restaurant.....now defunct. I'll take guru's for 5 thousand,Alex.....u Bet on BOEBART,LET'S SEE WHO WINS.....

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds