Chinese Spy Balloon Over Montana

04 Feb 2023 07:17 #11 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: S-O-O, from YOUR position....the REPUBLICAN STANCE WAS IN ERROR??? (what DOES THAT TELL U ABOUT THE PAST ADMINISTRATION?)..I still think u have to draw a line in the sand and stand your ground.
They r pushing limits, u (collectively) show that is NOT acceptable.

[/b]

APPARENTLY, political pundits r in agreement with me...(I am NOT misinformed)

thehill.com/opinion/national-security/38...n-political-warfare/

incidents convey a powerful message to the Biden administration and the American people: We could bomb your homeland.

Second, China may perceive President Biden’s decision not to shoot down the balloon — for now — as a sign of weakness. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin and Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, reportedly advised Biden against downing the balloon, but doing so would send a forceful message that the United States will not tolerate China’s penetrations of its airspace. This would be within America’s rights as a sovereign state and fully in keeping with precedent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Feb 2023 07:32 #12 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: www.foxnews.com/media/former-defense-sec...on-we-have-push-back

here u go..... ahem!

I

iN answer to a really stupid query.....HE IS A REPUBLICAN FROM TRUMPS ADM. AND HE HAS STATED IT IS IMPERATIVE WE SHOW STRENGTH AND BRING IT DOWN.....( how much clearer can a statement get,so TRUMPS' REPUBLICAN RESPONSE is on display.(in this brazen scenario)

04 Feb 2023 07:38 #13 by homeagain

ramage wrote: What is it about my post that you do not understand? You stream of consciousness writing is difficult for me to understand. I will try my best to respond. ( I am sorry that you skipped the English classes on the writing of complete sentences.)
"S-O-O, from YOUR position.....the REPUBLICAN STANCE WAS IN ERROR??"
I made no mention of either republicans or democrats, to what are you referring?
".I still think u have to draw a line in the sand and stand your ground."
Unfortunately for your concrete thinking the issue is in space not on the ground.

It is humorous to envision you standing on ground suitable for drawing a line, staring into the sky and daring the PRC to cross it while you are standing your ground and waving your stick.

Also who is this Secretary of Defense that you are referencing?

Let's try this: "Comperhende?"

YOUR CONTINUING COMICAL COMMENTS R AMUSING (2nd bolded) FIRST bolded....if u r having difficulty with my posts...then DON'T READ THEM OR RESPOND...IT'S PRETTY SIMPLE.

04 Feb 2023 11:10 #14 by Rick
HA, maybe you should just ask yourself whether or not ramage made a valid point about our spy satellites being fair game if we take out theirs. Biden has proven himself to be weak long before this incident and taking that balloon down will not make him look stronger... nothing can do that.

I think the balloon is just a test to observe Biden's reaction. Biden is probably very compromised because of his scumbag son's global gathering of influence money , so it may be difficult for Joe to be aggressive against the commies who likely have a lot of dirt they could release. Just my guess.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

04 Feb 2023 13:06 #15 by ramage
HA,
I respond to your posts that are factually wrong, or a misrepresentation of one of my posts.
Also I ask you to clarify your claims, most recently, the name of the Secretary of Defense that you are referencing. Rather than present your arguments in a cogent manner, you opt to simply throw out citations that we are led to assume are your opinions.

Now for the adults in the room.
The balloon was videoed by Mr. Chase Doak of Billings, MT on Wednesday and published in the Billings Gazette. Slo Joe's administration was then forced to acknowledge the presence of the balloon on Thurs. And to put icing on the cake, they stated that the Dept of Defense had been tracking the balloon for a week. When the DoD spokesman was asked why this information was not made public, the reply: “The public certainly has the ability to look up in the sky and see where the balloon is.” per Brig. Gen. Ryder.
I have to add, it is now being reported that Slo Joe is planning to shoot down the balloon once it is over the Atlantic Ocean.
It must be that his administration believes that the balloon has a 16 mm movie camera that is taking the pictures, and it will be destroyed when it hits the water; before it can get back to the PRC and have the film developed.

04 Feb 2023 17:16 #16 by homeagain

Rick wrote: HA, maybe you should just ask yourself whether or not ramage made a valid point about our spy satellites being fair game if we take out theirs. Biden has proven himself to be weak long before this incident and taking that balloon down will not make him look stronger... nothing can do that.

I think the balloon is just a test to observe Biden's reaction. Biden is probably very compromised because of his scumbag son's global gathering of influence money , so it may be difficult for Joe to be aggressive against the commies who likely have a lot of dirt they could release. Just my guess.

OH PLEASE....here r the facts...

www.forbes.com/sites/mattnovak/2023/02/0...too/?sh=159f64493ea3

But several reports have been published in the past two days that give us a better sense of when spy balloons operated by New Cold War adversaries have sailed into U.S. airspace. Bloomberg News reported on Friday that Chinese balloons flew over the U.S. while President Trump occupied the White House.

“The balloon spotted this week over Montana was not the first time the U.S. has detected Chinese balloons over their territory—with previous incursions occurring during the Trump Administration,” Bloomberg reported.

But an unnamed source from the Trump administration insisted to Bloomberg in that same article that it wasn’t a big deal.

“One top national security official from the administration of former President Donald Trump said none of the Chinese spy balloons were near sensitive sites or had payloads as large as this one appears to carry,” Bloomberg continued.

And if you can’t trust an unnamed official who worked for Trump, who can you trust, right?

The Associated Press also has a new report that quotes a defense expert who said that Chinese spy balloons have been detected near sensitive sites in Hawaii, home to a large U.S. military presence, during the past five years.

Craig Singleton, a senior fellow at the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies, said Chinese surveillance balloons have been sighted on numerous occasions over the past five years in different parts of the Pacific, including near sensitive U.S. military installations in Hawaii,” the Associated Press reported on Saturday.

President Biden has been in office for two years, leaving three years of Trump’s presidency in that window of five years.

Branch

And all of this still leaves open the possibility that other adversary aircraft have flown over the U.S. during the Trump years, aside from balloons. We still don’t know why swarms of drones were flying over Colorado and Nebraska in December 2019 and January 2020. If you’ll recall, President Trump was president at that time and we never got an answer to who was behind that.

Trump himself posted a video to Twitter yesterday, rambling about how the University of Pennsylvania might be compromised by Chinese spies, an accusation for which he provided no evidence. Trump, a known liar and continued threat to the safety and security of the United States, also called for a the U.S. government to shoot down the Chinese spy balloon.

Ignoring the incoherent ramblings of Trump for a moment, the Chinese spy balloon situation still left plenty of valid questions about what should’ve been done and when. Pentagon officials reportedly considered shooting down the balloon earlier this week, but didn’t want to have debris hit anything on the ground. But the U.S. is a very large place with plenty of farm land. It seems illogical that there wasn’t at least a stretch of land where the military could’ve safely forced the balloon down.

Reasonable people can disagree on whether the waiting game chosen by the Biden administration was the right course of action. But the question of whether something similar would’ve happened under Trump appears to have been answered. It did.

04 Feb 2023 17:42 #17 by Blazer Bob

04 Feb 2023 17:53 #18 by ramage
Once again, Trump did it!

Forbes magazine writes very carefully that the balloons during the Trump administration were sighted over U.S. territories in the pacific, none over the mainland of the USA.

In keeping with their TDS, Forbes posits: "And if you can’t trust an unnamed official who worked for Trump, who can you trust, right?"

By the way Forbes also promulgated that the 51+ National Security Advisors statement was Russian disinformation was the source of the Steele dossier.

04 Feb 2023 21:56 #19 by FredHayek
The Chinese government was testing the Biden Administration and they failed the exam. The President asked the military to shoot down the spy craft, General Mark Milley overruled the Commander In Chief.
Finally after the balloon had completed its flight across America, an F-22 shot it down off the South Carolina coast.

Beijing is laughing and shaking their heads. :groundhog:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Feb 2023 07:07 #20 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Once again, Trump did it!

Forbes magazine writes very carefully that the balloons during the Trump administration were sighted over U.S. territories in the pacific, none over the mainland of the USA.

In keeping with their TDS, Forbes posits: "And if you can’t trust an unnamed official who worked for Trump, who can you trust, right?"

By the way Forbes also promulgated that the 51+ National Security Advisors statement was Russian disinformation was the source of the Steele dossier.

he Associated Press also has a new report that quotes a defense expert who said that Chinese spy balloons have been detected near sensitive sites in Hawaii, home to a large U.S. military presence, during the past five years.

I give up.......u win,there is NO COHESIVE COMMUNICATION WITH U GUYS. (ramage u indicated I did NOT name the PAST defense secty that wanted to shoot it down....I posted a FOX NEWS VIDEO SHOWING THAT EXACT EXCHANGE....but yet,u claim I did not respond to your post.....either there is a problem with your computer program OR U DID NOT PAY attention.....EITHER WAY, I came to this site for a specific reason. TO DRIVE THE TRAFFIC,because I felt it was an excellent site and I thought it was
interesting to still keep connected to the mountain.

I am now turning it over to OTHERS to contribute,it is a test to see if any one else cares.(for the site to succeed).........peace out.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds