East Palestine

23 Feb 2023 19:25 - 23 Feb 2023 19:25 #11 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic East Palestine
Engineering is difficult to comprehend. The NTASB has shown that a wheel bearing and subsequently a broken axle was the cause of the derailment. It had nothing to do with the regulations regarding the brakes. The brake rule cited by Mayor Pete, (gotta like that nickname), was for Class 3, not Class 2 materials like chloride, and the train derailed because of a broken axle, not bad brakes.
Did you your trusted sources deign to give you that information?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Feb 2023 19:35 #12 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic East Palestine
I'm certain you can read my trusted sources as well as anyone.

23 Feb 2023 20:27 #13 by ramage
I agree I can read them as well as anyone. Note that they refer only to braking. I realize that comprehension of how a mechanical device works can be difficult. But understanding of the basic engineering is important, one who comments out of ignorance makes a fool of one's self. Would you like to offer a trusted source that refers to the bearing and axle loss. Or to you prefer to rely on Vanity
Fair for your source regarding engineering?

23 Feb 2023 21:16 #14 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic East Palestine

koobookie wrote:
But heck yeah, let's blame Buttigieg.

LOL Blame Trump instead.

Nothing but deflections. It happened on Biden's watch and his administrations response is a thumb in the eye to America.

24 Feb 2023 16:40 #15 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic East Palestine

President Biden and Mayor Pete had literally years to improve infrastructure and railroad safety. They chose to go on paternity leave and visit Delaware instead.

And this is the railroad President! The senator who took Amtrak every weekend down to Delaware.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

26 Feb 2023 01:02 #16 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic East Palestine

koobookie wrote: [
From what I've read in my trusted sources, it was the Trump administration that eased the safety protocols for railroads. What do your trusted sources tell you?

YOu are such a tool.

"You don’t have to take my word for it; take it from the New York Times, hardly a pro-Trump or anti-regulation source.

“Since the Feb. 3 derailment in Ohio, some lawmakers and activists have pointed to a 2015 safety regulation adopted by the Obama administration as an example of the changes that they say are needed to make railroads safer. … But after lobbying by the railroad industry, the Trump administration repealed the rule in 2018,” the New York Times reports . Yet it goes on to admit that: “Had the rule remained in effect, it would not have applied to the Norfolk Southern train that derailed in East Palestine.”

The New York Times's source for this is Jennifer Homendy, a Democrat and head of the National Transportation Safety Board.

26 Feb 2023 08:00 #17 by koobookie

Blazer Bob wrote:

koobookie wrote: [
From what I've read in my trusted sources, it was the Trump administration that eased the safety protocols for railroads. What do your trusted sources tell you?

YOu are such a tool.

"You don’t have to take my word for it; take it from the New York Times, hardly a pro-Trump or anti-regulation source.

“Since the Feb. 3 derailment in Ohio, some lawmakers and activists have pointed to a 2015 safety regulation adopted by the Obama administration as an example of the changes that they say are needed to make railroads safer. … But after lobbying by the railroad industry, the Trump administration repealed the rule in 2018,” the New York Times reports . Yet it goes on to admit that: “Had the rule remained in effect, it would not have applied to the Norfolk Southern train that derailed in East Palestine.”

The New York Times's source for this is Jennifer Homendy, a Democrat and head of the National Transportation Safety Board.

Thank you for the insult.

Homendy is head of the NTSB, so therefore, she should know. The Trump administration did in fact ease the oversight on railroad safety, whether or not it would or would not have prevented this tragedy. Does that make you feel better that those regulations have been eased?

I find it amusing that conservatives seem to think that being a democrat automatically taints them from being objective.

26 Feb 2023 08:04 #18 by koobookie
Oh, did you see that 21 Republican lawmakers sent a letter to Buttigieg demanding accountability and all the records from the NTSB? The only thing is that the NTSB is independent from the Department of Transportation.

Either 21 Republican lawmakers charged with oversight of our government don’t know how the government works and didn’t care to find out, or they are deliberately misleading their loyalists. Wow - talk about weaponizing the government.

26 Feb 2023 08:51 #19 by ramage
" The NTSB determines the probable cause of each accident investigated and issues safety recommendations aimed at preventing future accidents. Our office is responsible for monitoring compliance procedures for handling the NTSB recommendations,..."

www.transportation.gov/policy/transportation-policy/safety

You bring to mind Alexander Pope,

A little learning is a dangerous thing ;
Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring

26 Feb 2023 08:58 #20 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic East Palestine
www.ntsb.gov/investigations/Pages/RRD23M...d8f750bddbbb743f8584

ONE HOUR....LISTEN TO THE TRUE SOURCE......ABOUT 1/2 DOWN IS U TUBE...THE FINAL WORD.
ABOUT 44 OR 45 MINUTES IN...IT IS NOT POLITICAL.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds