East Palestine

23 Feb 2023 00:36 #1 by Blazer Bob
East Palestine was created by Blazer Bob
I am wondering if anyone has noticed the change in how and how much CNN is covering this ecological disaster?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Feb 2023 06:08 #2 by Freezeman
Replied by Freezeman on topic East Palestine
One would have to watch CNN to notice that kind of thing, So I don't have an answer for you

23 Feb 2023 07:56 #3 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic East Palestine
Where’s the hoards of environmentalists?

Trump isn’t president and it wasn’t a pipeline that broke. Good thing Pete finally made it over there with his hard hat and safety glasses. Must have been such a relief for those poor people.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

23 Feb 2023 08:55 #4 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic East Palestine
tricycle.org/article/black-wisdom-online...5e-50a922ba39-309259

THE FOURTH TURNING STATED IN ANOTHER WAY......

TRelated: Thich Nhat Hanh: Why We Shouldn’t Be Afraid of Suffering

So I’ve added a fifth horse that’s not in the New Testament. The fifth horse is Maitreya Buddha [the future incarnation of the Buddha on Earth]. Maitreya Buddha is the ground of our reconstruction, and represents a just society at the individual, communal, institutional, and global level. And the four qualities of a just society are embodied lovingkindness, compassion, joy, and equanimity.

23 Feb 2023 11:06 #5 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic East Palestine

Rick wrote: Where’s the hoards of environmentalists?

Trump isn’t president and it wasn’t a pipeline that broke. Good thing Pete finally made it over there with his hard hat and safety glasses. Must have been such a relief for those poor people.

From what I've read in my trusted sources, it was the Trump administration that eased the safety protocols for railroads. What do your trusted sources tell you?

23 Feb 2023 15:25 #6 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic East Palestine
They have now traced the accident to a seized up bearing. I don't know how maintaining the tracks better would have stopped this accident and fire.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Feb 2023 15:28 #7 by FredHayek

Doesn't Sneaky Pete look like he doesn't want to be here? I am sure if President Trump hadn't visited earlier in the week with tons of aid for the beleaguered Ohio working class community, Pete would still be at home sipping his lattes and ignoring his new children.

Attachments:

23 Feb 2023 15:30 #8 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote:

Rick wrote: Where’s the hoards of environmentalists?

From what I've read in my trusted sources, it was the Trump administration that eased the safety protocols for railroads. What do your trusted sources tell you?

President Biden is starting his third year and he couldn't have reinstated the safety protocols?

Oh wait, it was Joe who refused to let railway workers strike for safety reasons.

Maybe Mayor Pete should have talked Biden out of this move?

23 Feb 2023 16:04 #9 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: They have now traced the accident to a seized up bearing. I don't know how maintaining the tracks better would have stopped this accident and fire.

The fact remains, however, that the former president should probably face some questions he’d struggle to answer. A Washington Post report noted over the weekend that during the Republican’s White House tenure, his administration preferred “relatively lax federal oversight” of the railroad industry, and the industry “found that regulators in the Trump administration were receptive to their arguments of rolling back rules.”

www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/maddowb...nspections-rcna71584

The White House on Wednesday blamed Republican lawmakers and the Trump administration for lax railway and environmental regulations in the aftermath of a train derailment in East Palestine, Ohio, that spilled toxic chemicals.

thehill.com/homenews/administration/3869...railway-regulations/

Among the biggest relevant regulatory rollbacks Trump has conveniently remained mum over is the 2018 scrapping of a 2015 Obama-era rule requiring advanced braking technology on trains transporting particularly hazardous materials. That rule would have required compliance by certain trains by 2021 and others by 2023, but as Fortune reported at the time, Trump’s Department of Transportation decided that “the cost of installing these more sophisticated brakes outweigh[ed] the benefit.” While it has been noted that, technically, the rule would not have required the Norfolk Southern train that derailed in Ohio to have such brakes, some believe it would have if not for Trump.

www.vanityfair.com/news/2023/02/donald-t...palestine-ohio-train

But the visit to the former battleground state that Trump easily won twice is also casting light on one of the former president’s regulatory rollbacks: The repeal of new braking requirements for certain trains hauling highly hazardous freight put in place by the Obama administration.

“Congressional Republicans and former Trump administration officials owe East Palestine an apology for selling them out to rail industry lobbyists when they dismantled Obama-Biden rail safety protections as well as EPA powers to rapidly contain spills,” White House spokesperson Andrew Bates said in a statement.

www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-02-...n-rail-safety-record

But heck yeah, let's blame Buttigieg.

23 Feb 2023 16:05 #10 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Doesn't Sneaky Pete look like he doesn't want to be here? I am sure if President Trump hadn't visited earlier in the week with tons of aid for the beleaguered Ohio working class community, Pete would still be at home sipping his lattes and ignoring his new children.

Wow. This borders on slander.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds