East Palestine

26 Feb 2023 16:38 #21 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic East Palestine
:chmptoast:

ramage wrote: " The NTSB determines the probable cause of each accident investigated and issues safety recommendations aimed at preventing future accidents. Our office is responsible for monitoring compliance procedures for handling the NTSB recommendations,..."

www.transportation.gov/policy/transportation-policy/safety

You bring to mind Alexander Pope,

A little learning is a dangerous thing ;
Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Feb 2023 19:09 #22 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic East Palestine

koobookie wrote:
I find it amusing that conservatives seem to think that being a democrat automatically taints them from being objective.

I find this statement pretty amusing because you don't realize how true that statement is.

Every president's #1 job is to protect the people they were elected to serve, yet everything Biden has done since being elected has done the opposite. Lets look at the border for starters. Biden announced during the primaries that he welcomed people to come to our border without going through the proper immigration process. As a result, our border agents spend most of their time processing illegals and don't have the time or resources to catch the drug runners and human traffickers. By basically opening our borders to everybody, good and bad, he is responsible for many Fentynal deaths as well as children who are being abused by the thousands.

Of course you don't give a hoot about this horrible situation because you are NOT objective. You would only care if it was Trump allowing all that poison to enter our country. You know I'm right but you will never admit it.

Even if Trump personally sabotaged that train and caused that accident, it would still be a small fraction of the damage Biden has done in the last two years.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

27 Feb 2023 13:47 #23 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic East Palestine
My point, Rick, is that merely because a person is a democrat or a republican, they can be unbiased. You disagree, because apparently you are most certainly not objective.

Have you ever been on a jury? I've been on a couple, and while jurors are being selected, they always ask "Can you be objective concerning..." Was I lying when I said that? No, because I can compartmentalize my feelings and beliefs in order to be objective about a situation.

Its amazing that simply because someone is registered democrat, you automatically dismiss anything they might say or write as being biased. That's unfair, as many people in this country are truly objective, even if they are registered to a political party. Sorry you don't see it that way.

28 Feb 2023 13:51 #24 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic East Palestine
Give me an example of your objectivity. I’ve yet to see it when it comes to this or the last president.

If you were truly objective, you would be able to admit that Trump had policies that helped Americans and Biden has policies that are hurting Americans. Would you like examples?

Your criticism of me is easily proven to be hypocritical given your history on this and other boards.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

28 Feb 2023 14:22 #25 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic East Palestine
I gave you an example. Here are the details:

A woman was charged with assault of her boyfriend. She smacked him hard enough to put him in the hospital. He pressed charges. The lawyers asked the potential jurors if they could put aside their societal bias that a woman could hit a man, but not vice versa. I told them yes, I can put aside that societal bias and objectively evaluate the case.

Just because I am a liberal doesn't mean that I am always against anything conservatives do. Can you say the same thing in reverse?

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds