Largest Healthcare Strike In US History

05 Oct 2023 18:17 #11 by ramage
Please understand when one knows nothing of the subject discussed and cannot find an article to proffer, but feels a need to make a comment it is best to inject "Trump did it". Then go off on a diatribe against President Trump that is totally unrelated to the topic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Oct 2023 19:06 - 06 Oct 2023 17:42 #12 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: THIS is not an Obama issue, THIS is a DIRECT result of the pandemic (that was DENIED AND PLAYED DOWN BY TRUMP)....the medical arena was already overburdened,because the population was aging and did not take responsibility for their health habits,diabetes,heart issues,OBESITY all played apart in the ultimate "perfect storm" of patient overload....THEN the pandemic hit and overload (for providers) became
catastrophic,they system was/is broken and THAT was before Obamacare, YES it made it exponential worse and now we have a REVOLT, the medical providers r leaving,for other jobs,retiring or part timing it till retirement. There r not enough personnel to service the ill of health,aging population...DO MORE WITH LESS IS THE TYPICAL RESPONSE FROM ANY CORPORATION.....HEALTH IS NO DIFFERENT. Viola a visual of "no we won't take it anymore".

Let me repeat the info. AND yes, I know quite abit about the subject of our abysmal healthcare system.....
a friend of 20years with a master, going for a phd,who is now a preceptor has taught me alot,,my SIL is a
NP with a masters who works with vets. THEY BOTH know the arena very well. Your supercilious stance
is getting old.

OH,by the way ,I am on the ethics committee at Montrose regional hos.,as a private citizen participant.

07 Oct 2023 06:39 #13 by homeagain
denvergazette.com/colorado-watch/colorad...r&wpisrc=nl_daily202

LONG READ......but germane to topic

Ona Griffiths turned to the VA’s Western Colorado Health Care System. The VA, in turn, recommended three options, but only one had space and the ability to care for him, she said. On Oct. 19, 2020, her husband moved into Mantey Heights Rehabilitation and Care Center, an 88-bed, for-profit nursing home about 15 miles from their home in Fruita.

08 Oct 2023 11:11 #14 by ramage
Kaiser employees have ended their 3 day strike. Negotiations will resume later this week.
Other than threatening the health of their patients, what else was did this 3 day strike accomplish?

08 Oct 2023 11:35 #15 by FredHayek
Gave their demands publicity? I saw strikers near the offices in Wheat Ridge last week. They were not getting a lot of horn blasts supporting them.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Oct 2023 16:30 #16 by ramage
No one who has Kaiser insurance and had an appointment or a drug refill that could not be done was honking their horn.
It is unfortunate that unlike teachers that strike who have their students go on the picket lines, the Kaiser union couid not get patients to leave their rooms and go to the lines.

08 Oct 2023 17:59 - 08 Oct 2023 18:02 #17 by Rick
I just made an appointment for my yearly checkup and the soonest I could get in was next April because I have no immediate issues. Kinda starting to look like Canada's primo system.

I can't wait to see what happens as millions of poor border crossers are added to our health care nightmare... too bad our politiciansd don't have to wait like we do.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

13 Oct 2023 18:42 #18 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Please understand when one knows nothing of the subject discussed and cannot find an article to proffer, but feels a need to make a comment it is best to inject "Trump did it". Then go off on a diatribe against President Trump that is totally unrelated to the topic.

www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/exc...0-13&eun=g1977234d0r

The medical negligence and wrongful death suit comes roughly a year after Providence Regional Medical Center Everett responded to local leaders' concerns about nurse staffing levels and reports of Cheyenna's death. The letter that the medical center sent to Snohomish County Council and Everett City Council members highlighted that, similar to other healthcare facilities across the country , it had been greatly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.

U STILL THINK I AM BLOWING SMOKE.....i repeat, THE HEALTHCARE in the USA is slammed, Trump's
lack of leadership thru the covid crisis is still reverberating, the medical community is trashed.....the above
information makes that CRYSTAL;CLEAR.....

13 Oct 2023 20:44 #19 by FredHayek
Triage?
The nation doesn't have unlimited funds to treat every patient with the best Healthcare. No nation does.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Oct 2023 06:15 #20 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: Triage?
The nation doesn't have unlimited funds to treat every patient with the best Healthcare. No nation does.

THAT'S the point....triage was non existent...deaths occurred because patients were abandoned in rooms/hallways for HOURS. (no ONE DID A FOLLOW UP)

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds