Largest Healthcare Strike In US History

04 Oct 2023 09:19 #1 by FredHayek
75,000 Kaiser Permanente workers have gone on strike for more pay and better working conditions. What are their patients supposed to do? Will their pharmacies be open?

Whatever happens, expect healthcare costs to continue to rise.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Oct 2023 16:46 #2 by Rick
First Obamacare tripled my Kaiser premium, now I get to wait even longer to get the care I overpay for. SWEET!!

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

05 Oct 2023 13:59 #3 by homeagain
THIS is not an Obama issue, THIS is a DIRECT result of the pandemic (that was DENIED AND PLAYED DOWN BY TRUMP)....the medical arena was already overburdened,because the population was aging and did not take responsibility for their health habits,diabetes,heart issues,OBESITY all played apart in the ultimate "perfect storm" of patient overload....THEN the pandemic hit and overload (for providers) became
catastrophic,they system was/is broken and THAT was before Obamacare, YES it made it exponential worse and now we have a REVOLT, the medical providers r leaving,for other jobs,retiring or part timing it till retirement. There r not enough personnel to service the ill of health,aging population...DO MORE WITH LESS IS THE TYPICAL RESPONSE FROM ANY CORPORATION.....HEALTH IS NO DIFFERENT. Viola a visual of "no we won't take it anymore".

05 Oct 2023 16:13 #4 by ramage
It's good to see that you managed to inject Trump as a proximate cause for the strike. You have not reconciled yourself to the fact that President Trump left office in 2021.

05 Oct 2023 17:41 #5 by Rick
For the record, Obamacare did in fact cause premiums to skyrocket and we certainly didn’t save the $2500 a year he promised.

This strike is a different situation completely, but it does make the high premiums even more of an issue if people can’t get care in a timely manner.

Everyone who isn’t rich is suffering from bad government policies so health care providers are not alone.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

05 Oct 2023 17:45 #6 by FredHayek
Bidenflation is affecting your Healthcare costs. Kaiser workers want a 26% wage increase and fewer hours. Kaiser offered them 16% but they turned it down.
After years of higher prices, employees want to get their real wages increased.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Oct 2023 17:52 #7 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: Bidenflation is affecting your Healthcare costs. Kaiser workers want a 26% wage increase and fewer hours. Kaiser offered them 16% but they turned it down.
After years of higher prices, employees want to get their real wages increased.

Yes, everyone wants and needs higher wages now that our government has screwed us so badly.

George Orwell

05 Oct 2023 17:57 #8 by homeagain

ramage wrote: It's good to see that you managed to inject Trump as a proximate cause for the strike. You have not reconciled yourself to the fact that President Trump left office in 2021.

OH PLEASE,allow me to correct that statement,HE DOES NOT KNOW HE IS NO LONGER 'KING',he is acting as if it is a forgone conclusion that he WILL prevail and take the throne in 2024 AND LEAST U FORGET he tried to subvert the election results to maintain his throne......"find me the votes". ALL AVENUES to stay in power were employed.because losing was not an option.....OH MY, that failed miserably.

05 Oct 2023 18:03 #9 by Rick
Not be sure what Trump has to do with this topic but if we are discussing what kings do, we should compare and contrast with Biden sometime and see who scores the highest when it comes to king like actions.

George Orwell

05 Oct 2023 18:16 #10 by ramage
Please understand when one knows nothing of the subject discussed but feels a need to make a comment it is best to inject "Trump did it". Then go off on a diatribe against President Trump that is totally unrelated to the topic.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds