Israel Declares War On Hamas

11 Oct 2023 22:40 #21 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Israel Declares War On Hamas
The fact is, nobody wants to take in people who willfully chose terrorists to govern them… shocker. I feel bad for the Palestinians, of course, but their choices in leadership led us here. Hamas will hide among the innocents so many innocents will die.

I do have a sick feeling that this is just a big trap, and when enough Israeli soldiers step foot in Gaza there will be a massacre from some weapon from some other country, or already installed in Gaza. Hamas doesn’t care about Palestinian lives and they are obviously not stupid. They knew what Israel’s response had to be. I hope nothing horrible is waiting for Israeli soldiers. I also hope Israeli citizens are all armed to the teeth.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Oct 2023 13:37 #22 by FredHayek
Yes, Hamas's leaders govern from Qatar. They don't have to worry about Israel turning off the power and water to the Gaza Strip. Or Israeli soldiers.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Oct 2023 14:21 #23 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Israel Declares War On Hamas
The Israelis have partially learned from history. In 1944 the Jews and Poles in Warsaw staged an uprising against the Nazis. The Nazis surrounded the city, cut off the power and water to the city and proceeded to bombard with artillery and air power.
The Nazis won that battle but lost the war.

12 Oct 2023 18:24 - 12 Oct 2023 18:25 #24 by Rick
I do wonder how many Israelis had adequate fire power in their homes to defend themselves. America has a reputation of "excessive" firearm ownership among citizens... can we finally agree that's a good thing when it comes to potential ground envasions? One more reason not to put strict limits on magazine size. Ah, but an invasion could never happen here, not with our strong and effective leadership as a deterent:)

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Oct 2023 20:38 #25 by ramage
To answer your question, virtually none. In one kibbutz, the settlers were fortunate in that the "leader",
unlocked the gun vault and they were able to arm themselves and fight off the attackers. Otherwise it is extremely difficult for an individual to possess a firearm in Israel.
They paid for it in blood.

13 Oct 2023 07:29 #26 by Rick
Today, Friday the 13th, there are calls for a "day of rage" by Islamic terrorists and all those who support them. I hope this will all just be a bunch of irrational screaming at the sky and not violent actions that hurt innocent people.

Global Knife Attack Frenzy as Hamas ‘Day of Rage’ Gets Underway

www.thedailybeast.com/global-knife-attac...f-rage-gets-underway

George Orwell

13 Oct 2023 14:25 #27 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: www.vanityfair.com/news/2023/10/house-sp...f19b32d2e3b9f8fb2fdc

“Get Their Act Together”: House GOP Speakership Chaos Complicates Israel Response ......THE R'S HAVE A FUBAR FACING THEM....OH YA, this is all the D's fault...it would be comically ,if it wasn't so pathetic.

I’m really trying hard to figure out how and why you are focusing on Republicans in a thread about a Hamas massacre. To me it would make more sense to start a thread about the Republican house divide rather than inserting it into an important topic that has nothing to do with Republicans. This thread should be about the people responsible for this terrorist attack and the people who are fighting for their lives.

www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/10/...evere&location=alert

Without a speaker, the House is unable to consider any legislation to aid Israel in its war against Hamas or pass any appropriations bills to avoid a potential government shutdown in
AHEM, DOES IT MAKE SENSE NOW?

13 Oct 2023 14:40 #28 by ramage
Please see my comment in the "medium range HOT MESS" thread. There is a speaker pro tempore who has all the powers of the office. Whether an appropriations bill passes the House is a function of the floor vote.

13 Oct 2023 16:01 #29 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Please see my comment in the "medium range HOT MESS" thread. There is a speaker pro tempore who has all the powers of the office. Whether an appropriations bill passes the House is a function of the floor vote.

AHEM.....NOT ACCORDING TO THIS ARTICLE.
www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-biden...l-keeps-on-chaos-ing

13 Oct 2023 17:27 #30 by ramage
You should read the rules of the House of Representatives.

Once again, "Whack-A-Mole".

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds