Last last final final House Speaker Thread

25 Oct 2023 11:51 #1 by Rick
Mike Johnson wins… that is all.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Oct 2023 14:47 #2 by FredHayek
Does he still need to be voted on?

Already labeled "far right" by the DNC and their media lackeys. He is a Trump fan.

Funny how many liberals consider the Donald far right. Personally I think he isn't. He supports too much extra spending. He supported shutting down America during part of the pandemic, and he has been sending out vibes that if elected, he would support more abortion right laws.

He does want to build the Wall, but so does President Biden this month.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Oct 2023 15:05 #3 by ramage
representative Johnson has been voted in and is the Speaker of the House. His first test with come with Slo Joe's proposal to give 110+ billion to Ukraine, Israel, Taiwan and as I mentioned before a bone for the Southern Border wall.
Johnson has voted against aid to Ukraine in all but the very first bill. Let's hope that he stands firm. Interestingly, Ken Buck refused to support Jim Jordan because Jordan questioned the 2020 election. Johnson has done the same, I guess Buck saw the writing on the wall from his district, CD-4. . With Ft. Collins redistricted to CD-2, (Joe Neguse) Buck will have to appeal to the conservative citizens of Eastern Colorado for re-election.

25 Oct 2023 15:28 #4 by homeagain
Let the games begin....and may the odds always be in your favor.....:brewing: .

25 Oct 2023 15:45 #5 by homeagain
s2.washingtonpost.com/camp-rw/?trackId=5...linknum=4&linktot=47

"healthy parties don't freeze up"...........watch what happens,can they come together and complete a plan?

25 Oct 2023 17:25 #6 by ramage
"
"healthy parties don't freeze up"...........watch what happens,can they come together and complete a plan?

I do not understand this comment, please explain what you mean by "health parties don't freeze up"

25 Oct 2023 17:39 #7 by homeagain

ramage wrote: "

I do not understand this comment, please explain what you mean by "health parties don't freeze up"

Republican strategists I talked to Wednesday, even after the party had finally settled on a speaker, agreed that something irreparable has happened to the party. Healthy parties don’t completely freeze an entire legislative chamber and struggle among themselves to open it.

FROM THE ARTICLE...I could not get it to paste prior o this.

25 Oct 2023 18:50 #8 by ramage
Therefore, you have no opinion of your own rather to parrot what was published by your citation. Don't you have an opinion of your own or is it that you simply do not have the ability to express yourself?
This is not an ad hominem attack, I would really like to hear from you.

26 Oct 2023 07:31 #9 by homeagain
Let the games begin....and may the odds always be in your favor.....:brewing: .

I DID comment......I see u do not have a sense of humor. HIS ODDS R ABYSMAL

26 Oct 2023 10:17 #10 by Rick

homeagain wrote: Let the games begin....and may the odds always be in your favor.....:brewing: .

I DID comment......I see u do not have a sense of humor. HIS ODDS R ABYSMAL

I don’t understand either. You say his odds are abysmal… odds of what? If you mean odds of getting any agreement with the insane left that is doing what they can to crush our economy, then I would agree.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds