KEN BUCK

11 Nov 2023 11:21 #1 by ramage
KEN BUCK was created by ramage
I felt that Ken Buck warranted a separate thread before he devolves into a commentator for one of the news networks.

First, I would like to know if anyone thinks that a candidate for the Republican party nomination in CD-04 , will seek his endorsement?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Nov 2023 07:36 #2 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic KEN BUCK
Is Ken Buck, John McCain lite?

Buck was one the the eight Republicans to join with democrats to vote down the impeachment of Mayorkas, the head of DHS.
Immediately I thought of McCain's vote scuttled the repeal of Obamacare.
Both were leaving their respective bodies of the legislature, one to impending death and the other to retirement. Time to show their true colors.

14 Nov 2023 14:56 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic KEN BUCK
Why target Mayorkas? He is just doing the bidding of his handler, Barack Obama.
Biden? He just spends his days thinking about smelling the hair of teenage girls.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 Nov 2023 08:22 #4 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic KEN BUCK

FredHayek wrote: Why target Mayorkas? He is just doing the bidding of his handler, Barack Obama.

You target Mayorkus because he's a lying worthless waste of oxygen who doesn't deserve a paycheck. Since we can't get rid of the people at the top who are actually destroying the country, we have to take out the scum they appoint. The Republicans who refuse to flush the dirtbag are the same people we need to vote out of office.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blazer Bob

14 Feb 2024 08:20 #5 by ramage
Ken Buck, in his hypocrisy has raised the middle finger to the Republican party. He "nobly" voted against the impeachment of Mayorkas, twice. His reason: The malfeasance of Mayorkas did not rise to an impeachable offense according to the Constitution. Yet he voted to expel Santos from the House of Representatives on the basis of indictment for election law violations not convictions. Buck did not feel that he was necessary for Santos to have his day in court to face the charges against him, as the Constitution provides.
Republicans have now lost the seat to a democrat decreasing their slim majority.

I am reconsidering my stance against limitations on the 2nd Amendment. Perhaps Repulican pollticians should not be allowed to have firearms as they seem to shoot each other in the back or themselves in the foot.

14 Feb 2024 08:43 #6 by Rick
I've been saying for a long time that "moderates" like Buck are not only useless to the party, they are a liability.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

14 Feb 2024 09:01 - 14 Feb 2024 09:02 #7 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic KEN BUCK
"Perhaps Repulican pollticians should not be allowed to have firearms as they seem to shoot each other in the back or themselves in the foot". CHENY ??? Sounds like the clueless r finally coming to their senses.

14 Feb 2024 19:21 #8 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic KEN BUCK
I don't have an issue with politicians voting their conscience. Massie and Rand Paul often go against their Whips.

And anyone with two brain cells knows this impeachment will be overturned by the Democrat Senate.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Feb 2024 19:54 #9 by ramage
Impeachment will certainly be voted down if it is given a floor vote. The question is will Schumer choose to go for a vote or simply table the measure, the inside politics of this are beyond me.
As to a politician voting one's conscious consistently if they are going to use that argument, Buck does not fill that bill, as I pointed out.
Rand Paul and Tom Massie are consistent, Buck is not. We will probably see more of Buck if he passes his screen tests with CNN and MSNBC.
Buck cannot join Gardner in a lucrative lobbying job in D.C. in my opinion. Therefore he will go the media route, it is good for the immediate election period and perhaps longer if President Trump is re-elected, he makes for a good never-Trumper.

14 Feb 2024 22:04 #10 by Rick
If Democrats are going to use impeachment to stain their enemies and put a focus on alleged wrongdoing no going, Republicans have to do the same. If Democrats ballot harvest millions of votes, Republicans have to do the same. They should have impeached Biden twice by now… once for the Afghanistan fubar and the second for the border he opened, allowing every scumbag, (among decent people), to enter our country with no vetting.

But if they don’t have the balls to impeach the idiot in chief, doing it to that walking dildo is better than nothing if it only puts more of a spotlight on this corrupt and incompetent administration.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds