VP Nikki Haley?

18 Jan 2024 14:33 #1 by Rick
VP Nikki Haley? was created by Rick
She's said some negative things about Trump (she didn't insinuate that he's a racist like Kamala did to Joe), but she never acted like Christie either. The establishment Republicans must be working overtime trying to get Trump to pick her as VP... at least that's what my gut is telling me. If Trump gets taken out by the system (death or prison), then the Democrat-lite Republicans will get to break the "glass ceiling" before the Democrats.

Thoughts?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jan 2024 15:40 #2 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic VP Nikki Haley?
What Republicans should be concerned about is that fact that President Trump will have only one term. His VP will have a leg up for the 2028 election. Also should something happen to President Trump
obviously the VP will ascent to the Presidency.
The question then becomes do you want Haley in the VP spot? On the basis of the policies she espouses I would vote a resounding no.
It would be cynical, but then that's politics, for the Koch brothers and their Americans for Prosperity PAC to do an about face and support President Trump. Stranger things have happened.

18 Jan 2024 16:24 #3 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic VP Nikki Haley?
As with everything....there is a dark side (negative) and a bright side (positive). I am pissed she could have
been "in the known " about Boeings long standing major problems that were swept under the rug for a very long time. I am also pissed about here stance on the DRACONIAN rulings on abortion.

Her V.P. position could be a pleasant placement,IF life decides to levy some well deserved loads of shit on Trump. I think she is time tested and has a solid stance on the global stage. ALL possibilities on the table.

18 Jan 2024 17:40 #4 by ramage
HA,
If you like her stance on the global stage I interpret that to mean that you are in favor of escalation of the War in Ukraine and the destruction of Gaza.
Did you support Johnson's carpet bombing of Vietnam when you were youthful?

18 Jan 2024 19:59 #5 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic VP Nikki Haley?
Do you believe Nikki or Ron will give her more votes in the general election?

I could see DeSantis refusing to take the VP offer and waiting until 2028.

Haley has to like being on the ticket of a man who might be impeached and convicted.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 Jan 2024 21:12 #6 by ramage
If Haley were offered the VP she would jump at the chance. She would be in the catbird's seat for 2028. President Trump has been impeached twice, ho hum at this point.
I pointed out in a different thread that if President Trump chose her for VP, she would be marginalized, but none the less would be the VP and Republicans would be looking at a Kamala Harris scenario as how to dump her in 2028.
She will never get the MAGA vote standing alone.

19 Jan 2024 07:27 - 19 Jan 2024 07:27 #7 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic VP Nikki Haley?
I agree with ramage. I dont want see her as VP and there’s no way in hell DeSantis would ever accept and Trump would never ask. The Republican party is moving from the war mongers to an America first party, thanks to Trump.

It’s a tough spot because Haley would bring in more votes from the anti-Trump whiners but then, like ramage said, we’re stuck with her. There will.be pressure to pick a woman for sure, but then we are just like Democrats who put identity above everything else. It will be interesting to see who he picks.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

19 Jan 2024 10:37 #8 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic VP Nikki Haley?

ramage wrote: HA,
If you like her stance on the global stage I interpret that to mean that you are in favor of escalation of the War in Ukraine and the destruction of Gaza.
Did you support Johnson's carpet bombing of Vietnam when you were youthful?

She has been exposed to a wide spectrum of political posturing/games/mindsets and foreign values,she has had to navigate those factors (as a woman),when some countries/leaders find it unacceptable to deal with the female gender. THAT takes a tough,strong mindset to KNOW how to be "seen and heard". (rather than dismissed)

19 Jan 2024 11:45 #9 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic VP Nikki Haley?

Do you think Nikki Haley will be more likely to lose votes for her infidelity than Trump?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

19 Jan 2024 14:20 - 19 Jan 2024 14:23 #10 by ramage
Fred,
I think a lot hinges on whether the affidavits have actual details or are replete with accusations as in the E. Jean Carroll case against President Trump. By that I mean Carroll wasn't sure what year it happened or what department store it happened in. Yet the NYC jury found Trump guilty even though he denied even knowing the woman and producing his business schedules for the 3 year period she claimed that the assault took place. Let's see the affidavits.
Maybe Nimarata Nikki Randhawa will play the race card as Fani Willis is doing in Atlanta. She doesn't hesitate to play the military wife card with a husband deployed overseas. His position with the South Carolina National Guard is the of human resource officer, commendable to be sure but out of harm's way.
After the Vietnam War (our version of a special military operation, SMO) there were veterans who, 1. were in the service during 1966-1974 but not in Nam, 2. veterans who were in Nam but served behind the wire and 3. veterans who were in the field. I am not denigrating anyone who was in the service during this period but be aware of the distinctions when calling someone in the service at that time a VietNam veteran.

HA,
I must congratulate you. Your grammatical style has improved immensely in you reply to my post, or you have once again cut and pasted without attribution to the author. I hope it is the former.

"She has been exposed to a wide spectrum of political posturing/games/mindsets and foreign values,she has had to navigate those factors (as a woman),when some countries/leaders find it unacceptable to deal with the female gender."

Unfortunately the post does not in any way reply to the questions I asked. So once again are you in favor of escalating the Ukraine War and continuing the genocide in Gaza as is the former governor of South Carolina?

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds