When will Biden Fold on the Border?

22 Feb 2024 07:20 #1 by Rick
Cities across the country are suffering because of the border Biden opened. The left is worried about the black vote slipping away even more because of Biden's illegal guests taking resources from the communities that are already underfunded. I think the pressure is building for Obama... I mean Biden to use his pen and shut the door before the election. He's going to do it, it's just a matter of when.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Feb 2024 09:05 #2 by koobookie
When will Congress do their job and pass legislation to help control the border?

The Senate passed a bi-partisan bill. House refused to consider it, because Trump told them to kill it. Then the House went on vacation. I guess it's not a crisis, huh?

22 Feb 2024 09:21 #3 by Rick
Koobookie, can you not understand why people like me don't want a bill passed that has an allowable 5k per day illegal crossing as a baseline? I hear your sources saying the same thing, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a bad bill that may slightly slow the flow, but 1,825,000 illegal crossings a year is not closing the border and will not discourage the world from coming here without an invitation.

Would the Democrats pass a bill that required ALL immigrants to go through our legal immigration process and stop ALL people from crossing without permission? I'm 100% positive they would not. Compromise sounds great unless one said is getting almost everything they want and the other side (weak moderate GOP) just bends over and accepts the loss.

Biden has the power to put Trump's policies back that were working and he also has the power to do much more, including deporting people who don't care about our laws. Biden will use his pen to slow it down because it's hurting poor communities and big cities who can't afford to feed and house the world.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

22 Feb 2024 09:28 #4 by koobookie
Can you understand that this "crisis" is a distraction? Can you understand that this "crisis" is a political ploy to try to make Biden look bad and put the adjudicated rapist Trump back in the oval office?

If it really is a crisis, then work to fix it. Work with the Dems, work with the Independents, work with the MAGA Republicans to fix it.

Come up with a bill that fixes it, instead of passing the responsibility and then blaming others for not doing anything. Geeez. Talk about a do nothing Congress!!!!

BUT NO, the House Republicans don't because this is all just political posturing.

22 Feb 2024 09:52 #5 by ramage
Kooboo your comments regarding the lack of action on the part of the House is comparable to a 45 rpm record stuck in the same groove.
Please direct you attention the H..R. 2 passed by the House on May 11, 2023. It has sat on Schumer's desk for the past 10 months with no action taken.
To get started, here's a reference from the MSM, which you continually parrot.

www.reuters.com/world/us/republicans-rea...-passage-2023-05-11/

22 Feb 2024 09:56 #6 by koobookie
Why hasn't the House written a new bill, one that might pass? Why hasn't the Senate passed a clean bill, one that might pass?

It's amazing that you all lay blame at the feet of Super Joe but won't lay any blame on Congress for their inaction.

22 Feb 2024 09:56 - 22 Feb 2024 09:58 #7 by FredHayek
President Biden now says he has executive power to close the border. Only took him three years

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

23 Feb 2024 08:12 #8 by Rick

koobookie wrote: Why hasn't the House written a new bill, one that might pass? Why hasn't the Senate passed a clean bill, one that might pass?

It's amazing that you all lay blame at the feet of Super Joe but won't lay any blame on Congress for their inaction.

What Democrat in congress is talking about closing the border? Not allowing 5k a day, that's not closing it. If the Democrats don't want to stop the flow of illegals, how can there be compromise with Republicans who want ALL immigrants to follow the laws in place?

George Orwell

23 Feb 2024 08:21 #9 by koobookie
Rick, when you talk about "open border," what do you mean? I hear that term a lot, but I'm fairly sure we don't have a wide open border. Are people able to just walk across the border without fear of being arrested? Do the border patrol agents just stand aside and let them come through? Are there absolutely no restrictions to the people who want to immigrate to our country?

Or is the term "Open Border" just being used to scare Americans?

23 Feb 2024 10:22 #10 by FredHayek
Saw video yesterday of an American charity group cutting holes in the fence to help foreign nationals get into America. Will the video footage be used by the Border Guard to charge these "good Samaritans"?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds