Networks Ask For Presidential Debates

15 Apr 2024 12:44 #11 by ramage
I stand by my opinion that Senile Joe will not debate. Neither President Trump nor RFK, Jr. A major reason is that even if Joe gets the questions ahead of time, as Hillary Clinton did in her debate with President Trump on CNN. Recall that Donna Brazile, one of the moderators admitted to doing such.
Biden has enough trouble reading his prepared remarks and teleprompter as it is.
For example, how would he respond to a question such as this: President Biden, former President Trump has stated that you lied about not being involved in Hunter's business doings.
Or RFK, JR asking " you are destroying the First Amendment and have weaponized the Dept of Justice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Apr 2024 13:10 #12 by Rick
100% agree. My wife and I were watching some clip of Biden talking in 2020 and he was bad then but in the last 3+ years his mental decline is very obvious to honest eyes and ears. Trump will be begging for debates and Biden will avoid at all costs. How would Biden defend his long list of disasters?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Apr 2024 13:40 #13 by FredHayek
Hopefully RFK Jr will be on the debate stage. It would be great to see a younger man debate these two fossils.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Apr 2024 13:50 #14 by ramage
RFK,Jr is 70 years old. Is this now the definition of youth?

15 Apr 2024 16:05 #15 by Rick

ramage wrote: RFK,Jr is 70 years old. Is this now the definition of youth?

No, it's not. It's not about age, it's about mental acuity and stamina. Trump can talk for 3 hours at a rally unscripted and has the ability to work for many hours, days on end. Joe can't... there are zero comparisons between the two. This is just another false talking point Dems have to use.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Apr 2024 18:26 #16 by FredHayek
Have you actually seen President Trump speak lately? He was much better eight years ago. Like the seven years between Kennedy and him?
I think four years as President and four years of lawsuits and etc have aged him significantly.

16 Apr 2024 07:42 #17 by koobookie
I doubt Trump will debate. He can't even stay awake during his own criminal trial.

16 Apr 2024 10:26 #18 by Rick

koobookie wrote: I doubt Trump will debate. He can't even stay awake during his own criminal trial.

If Trump publicly announces that he wants to debate Joe and Joe declines, does that mean Trump doesn’t want to debate and SLO Joe does? Good luck trying to make your point in that scenario.

George Orwell

16 Apr 2024 10:33 #19 by koobookie

Rick wrote: If Trump publicly announces that he wants to debate Joe and Joe declines, does that mean Trump doesn’t want to debate and SLO Joe does? Good luck trying to make your point in that scenario.

Remember how all the Republican candidates wanted Trump to participate in debates, but he wouldn't?

Yeah.

16 Apr 2024 10:39 #20 by FredHayek
President Trump didn't want to debate his Republican opponents because he didn't need to. He was the favorite and didn't lose any votes by refusing to debate.
#tactics
If President Biden keeps leading in the polls, it might make sense to skip the presidential debate. He could even say he has a nation and war in the Middle East to run.

Besides we both know these men. Seen them in action for four years plus. Not many voters get to choose between Presidential incumbents.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds