Networks Ask For Presidential Debates

09 Apr 2024 19:51 #1 by FredHayek
All the major networks are calling on the two candidates to participate in debates. Do you think we will see debates between Biden and Trump?

I believe Team Biden doesn't want these to happen but they are worried that skipping the debates might look bad. Maybe dose him up on speed and settle on one short debate?

President Trump probably wants to debate, he is that vain, but too often he doesn't want to discuss the issues and would go off whining about being persecuted.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Apr 2024 20:04 #2 by ramage
No, Biden will not debate.

10 Apr 2024 06:30 #3 by Rick

FredHayek wrote:
President Trump probably wants to debate, he is that vain, but too often he doesn't want to discuss the issues and would go off whining about being persecuted.

Two points, Fred..

1. Why use the word “vain” ? Don’t we want our representatives to be confident enough to debate the policies and ideas of the other side? It sounds like you’ve been partially indoctrinated by the left.

2. You’ve really been indoctrinated if you think Trump hasn’t been unfairly treated. Was the Russia hoax fair? How about the Ukraine phone call asking about the Biden family corruption that is obviously a real thing? Are all these leftist DA’s and judges that are trying to take him out being fair?

My point is, if you want to help the left to destroy what’s left of our country, keep using their dishonest language. I take it you’re tossing your vote to someone who has no chance to win in November?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

10 Apr 2024 09:22 #4 by FredHayek
President Trump has been unfairly targeted by Democrat politicians, prosecutors, and judges. That is very true, but in my eyes, he is being a whiny little man constantly complaining about it.

I prefer those who take their blows with a stiff upper lip versus those who cry about it. I never wanted him to run again and voted for DeSantis in the Colorado Primary. Ron is a true conservative.

10 Apr 2024 10:00 #5 by Rick
You can call it whining, but what you have to realize is that there’s a lot of people in the middle who are not MSNBC/CNN sheep. It’s Trump’s right to defend himself using his voice. You agree he’s been unfairly targeted yet you don’t want him to tell voters he’s been unfairly targeted. He either has the right to speak his mind or he doesn’t. If he was to let the leftist lies stand without pushing back, would that make him a stronger leader? I’m done with weak Romney Republicans who don’t fight back (remember how his election failed).

The reason Trump is more popular now than he was in 2016 is because of the bullshit allegations that people with common sense can easily see. Trump is gaining with all minority groups because they are figuring out that they’ve been used by a party that uses the power of government to remove their political threats, aka Trump.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

14 Apr 2024 13:46 #6 by FredHayek

It is free advertising after all and on primetime.

Attachments:

14 Apr 2024 15:53 #7 by ramage
At this point, I believe that Senile Joe will not debate, Trump has said that he will debate anytime, anywhere. The big question is what will RFK, Jr. do? By this I mean, if he is invited by the MSM, that's going to aggravate many independent voters.
Imagine, a Trump v. Kennedy debate with an empty chair in the stage for Senile Joe.

14 Apr 2024 17:34 #8 by Rick
They could just put a house plant in Joe’s spot and that would be close enough and would probably be just as effective.

George Orwell

15 Apr 2024 07:03 #9 by Freezeman
No that would be too life like, maybe a dried arrangement.

15 Apr 2024 11:04 #10 by FredHayek
I think you are underestimating Joe. They can dose him up with drugs like they did at the State of the Union, and then the liberal media will write their pieces before the debate saying that President Biden is a stable leader and what America needs for the next four years.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds