A Challenge For The Trump Haters

22 Apr 2024 23:07 - 22 Apr 2024 23:08 #1 by Rick
Iasked this question to a liberal friend of mine, and he couldn’t answer it, maybe you can.

You have the luxury of using the net to craft your answer, but still, I’d love to hear it explained in your own words. Here we go…

What felony did Trump commit, and why did the charge go up from a misdemeanor? The majority of that city’s criminals get reduced from felonies to misdemeanors.

If you’d rather post your best source on this question, go for it. I get some enjoyment out of revisiting bad journalism when it’s been proven to be so.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Apr 2024 08:29 #2 by koobookie
What felony did Trump commit?

Google is your friend, Rick.

www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/04/...money-trial-charges/

In that indictment, Trump is charged with 34 felonies, each predicated on his having allegedly falsified business records. Specifically, prosecutors argue, he caused the Trump Organization and his personal trust to record payments made to attorney Michael Cohen in 2017 as retainer fees rather than as reimbursements for the $130,000 that Cohen paid to adult-film actress Stormy Daniels before the 2016 presidential election.

Falsifying business records is not always a felony. But if the “intent to defraud includes an intent to commit another crime or to aid or conceal the commission thereof,” the New York criminal statute reads, it can be charged as one. As it was in each of the charges against Trump.

23 Apr 2024 19:49 #3 by Rick
I didn't say I didn't know what he was being charged with. I asked you... remember?

I gave you the option of telling me in your own words or posting a source you trust to tell me for you.

I only did this for future reference. I really just wanted you to tell me what felony Trump committed. I won't ask you for the precedent, because there is no precedent... this will be the first and last. I really just want to know how convinced you are that Trump did something worthy of a felony. I hope that is clear enough.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

24 Apr 2024 14:53 #4 by koobookie
Here's an interpretation for you, Rick:

www.mediaite.com/tv/david-pecker-reveals...-asked-for-his-help/

Later in the discussion, former Manhattan prosecutor Adam Kaufmann added, “One of the key things we have to focus on is not that what the Enquirer was doing with the catch and kill. You know, when you get down to the center of the crime, it’s about the payment for it and the use of funds and whether that’s a campaign violation, that’s what makes this transforms this from a misdemeanor to a felony.”

“And so the catch and kill, the idea that a newspaper would cover certain stories, not cover other stories. As Eliot said, that’s fine. Not a crime. What we have to focus on. And this is all the groundwork. We have to focus on the business records, and whether there were false entries in the business records. And then as the next step, did those payments constitute a campaign violation, a federal campaign violation that they were covering up? So it’s not, you know, to say, election interference, election interference. It’s sort of not quite accurate for what the case is truly about, which is the payments. The payments were illegal and the records were falsified to cover that up,” Kaufmann concluded.

25 Apr 2024 07:36 #5 by Rick
Again, I just want to know if you truly believe Trump committed a felony here. I've read a lot of legal experts that have convinced me he did not. Your opinion is all I'm looking for.

George Orwell

25 Apr 2024 08:01 - 25 Apr 2024 15:03 #6 by koobookie

Rick wrote: Again, I just want to know if you truly believe Trump committed a felony here. I've read a lot of legal experts that have convinced me he did not. Your opinion is all I'm looking for.

Wow. Yes, of course he broke laws. He's been indicted on almost a hundred counts by several grand juries in four different trials. Just yesterday, in Arizona Michigan, he's been assumed to be an unindicted co-conspirator in the election fraud case. That's probably going to be trial number 5 for your orange messiah.

Geez, Rick the guy was impeached twice. He's a crooked as they come.

Let me ask you a question - Knowing what we know now and, if you could vote in 1972, would you vote for Nixon over McGovern?

Oh, wow - I need to edit again! I guess I was correct in Fraudy Donny being identified as unindicted co-conspirator in Arizona charges of fake electors. It's both Michigan and Arizona. Wow wow wow. Will he be indicted now in six trials?

27 Apr 2024 08:41 - 27 Apr 2024 08:42 #7 by Rick
In America, do you believe an indictment is evidence of guilt?

George Orwell

27 Apr 2024 09:45 #8 by FredHayek

Rick wrote: In America, do you believe an indictment is evidence of guilt?

Great point. Too many of those with TDS equate an indictment with a prosecution. The Donald managed to dodge two impeachments, which is just another word for indictment.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Apr 2024 10:18 #9 by koobookie

Rick wrote: In America, do you believe an indictment is evidence of guilt?

What? It doesn't mean Donny is guilty? What?

(that was sarcasm)

In America, an indictment means that there is enough evidence that a law has been broken to charge someone with a crime.

Duh.

For the record, Rick, several Grand Juries have reviewed enough evidence to recommend indictment.

29 Apr 2024 12:40 #10 by FredHayek
Everyone has broken laws.
How many people get half billion dollar fines for misrepresenting property values? Less than .01%.

Especially when the mortgages were still approved by the lending institutions who vet the actual values before giving a loan.

I don't like Trump, and hope he retires before the convention but I also hate partisan witch hunts by prosecutors trying to make a name for themselves.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds