WHITE SUPREMACY .....what does it look like? VAIL.....

10 May 2024 07:43 #1 by homeagain
coloradosun.com/2024/05/10/danielle-seew...e8&mc_eid=86d8ec5269

SeeWalker hadn’t submitted a proposal for her project. The town had no way of knowing what the mural would be. But Art in Public Places wasn’t willing to wait and see.

“The messaging had already occurred. The post and the reaction had occurred,” Forrest said.

Three days after the news release hit the town’s website, it was removed and replaced with a statement, emphasizing the fact that her art had turned from focusing on Native Americans to the crisis in Gaza.

“I tried to explain my position, tried to understand more about the community’s concerns, but they just talked over me and ended the call,” SeeWalker said. The call lasted “a minute and a half, tops. And that was probably the most disappointing part of the whole thing,” she said. “The disrespect.”

SeeWalker said she painted “G is for Genocide” in recognition of the parallels between the plight of Native Americans in the U.S. and the crisis in Gaza.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 May 2024 07:58 #2 by Rick
Could you give us your take on this article in your own words? From the title, I'm assuming you are saying that Vail is plagued with white supremacists. Did I get that wrong?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

10 May 2024 08:10 #3 by homeagain

Rick wrote: Could you give us your take on this article in your own words? From the title, I'm assuming you are saying that Vail is plagued with white supremacists. Did I get that wrong?

AHEM.....I was really excited, as a person of color, to bring my art to a place that is … ” she paused. “Not really known for its diversity.” in her own words....MY words would echo the same sentiment. WEALTH
USUALLY IS NOT OPEN MINDED,nor accustomed to many ethnic concerns...they r insulated from the world of poverty,racism,inequality and r not accustom to being invisible and dismissed. Is that clear for U?

10 May 2024 08:33 #4 by Rick
I'm sure you also live in a place that isn't all that diverse, do you not? I don't understand how you equate a lack of diversity to white supremacy. I think you need to dig deeper into the subject and use your words more appropriately. There are reasons why some places are not very diverse, and it's usually due to the cost of living. That doesn't mean those people are racists, it means they are rich and others can't afford to live there.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

10 May 2024 08:43 #5 by homeagain
JUST WOW...u have missed the entire point of the article....I feel somewhat sorry for u......the color of your skin will ALWAYS be a factor. and by the way, we have alot of latinos/mexican, not many blacks....THEY r routinely left out of city council matters and decisions.. ULIBARRI is the one exception on the council and he advocates for his constituents. (usually overruled).

10 May 2024 09:31 #6 by FredHayek
Balancing act? Their Pro-Hamas support could be considered antisemitic.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 May 2024 06:05 - 11 May 2024 06:07 #7 by Rick

homeagain wrote: JUST WOW...u have missed the entire point of the article....I feel somewhat sorry for u......the color of your skin will ALWAYS be a factor. and by the way, we have alot of latinos/mexican, not many blacks....THEY r routinely left out of city council matters and decisions.. ULIBARRI is the one exception on the council and he advocates for his constituents. (usually overruled).

I see nothing in the article about white supremacy. YOU used the words and I asked why. If you are going to use words like that, it is on you to explain why the words anre appropriate in this context.

I realize it’s your party and your president that throws the words “white supremacy” around like it’s an actual threat around every corner where there are evil white people, but it’s just another lie used to divide this country for their political gain. So please, show me the evidence of white supremacy in Vail, if you can. Maybe you have your own definition of the term that is unknown to the rest of us?

George Orwell

11 May 2024 07:02 #8 by homeagain
dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/supremacy

Meaning of supremacy in English
supremacy
noun [ U ]
us
/suːˈprem.ə.si/ uk
/suːˈprem.ə.si/
supremacy noun (HIGHEST)
Add to word list
the leading or controlling position:

Meaning of supremacy in English
supremacy
noun [ U ]
us
/suːˈprem.ə.si/ uk
/suːˈprem.ə.si/
supremacy noun (HIGHEST)
Add to word list
the leading or controlling position:
The company has begun to challenge the supremacy of the current leading manufacturers in the textiles industry.
The allies have established air supremacy (= military control of the sky).
SMART Vocabulary: related words and phrases
Importance - general words

all that matters
center of gravity
cornerstone
criticality
focus
grandness
import
meaning
momentousness
overfocus
pertinence
pre-eminence
precedence
substantial
supereminence
transcendence
urgency
weight
weightage
worth

See more results »
supremacy noun (GREATEST)
the position of being the best:

I think the BOLDED covers this discussion......being DISMISSED OR INVISIBLE IS NOT AN EXPERIENCE $$$$$$ INHABITS

11 May 2024 07:10 #9 by Rick
There is no evidence of a significant white supremacists threat in Vail Colorado, that is a made up lie.

If you really understand why the mural was not being permitted, I think you should summarize that for us in your own words. It has nothing to do I with Vail residence allegedly being white supremacists, it has to do with the Jewish people being condemned for the false narrative of committing genocide. The artist wants to create something that is divisive to the community and to the country as a whole.

I don't think you read the article very closely and just used the artists flawed opinion to make the false statement about white supremacy in Vail. Your title has no basis in reality.

George Orwell

11 May 2024 07:34 #10 by homeagain

Rick wrote: There is no evidence of a significant white supremacists threat in Vail Colorado, that is a made up lie.

If you really understand why the mural was not being permitted, I think you should summarize that for us in your own words. It has nothing to do I with Vail residence allegedly being white supremacists, it has to do with the Jewish people being condemned for the false narrative of committing genocide. The artist wants to create something that is divisive to the community and to the country as a whole.

I don't think you read the article very closely and just used the artists flawed opinion to make the false statement about white supremacy in Vail. Your title has no basis in reality.

[/b]

U needed to re read the article.....they did not have a meeting with her,they did not take the tine to truly understand what the art represented, HER WORDS,I WAS DISMISSED......that, right there is an exhibition
of supremacy...WE RULE/NO EXCEPTIONS OR DISCUSSIONS....end of story. $$$$$ has the last word.

And that was probably the most disappointing part of the whole thing,” she said. “The disrespect.”

SeeWalker said she painted “G is for Genocide” in recognition of the parallels between the plight of Native Americans in the U.S. and the crisis in Gaza.

The native American has a distinct parallel to this p.o.s. war......extermination and marginalizing. Obviously the macro mindset is missing and $$$$$ SEES WHAT WANTS TO SEE......(blinders r the basic implement)

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds