Biden Economy

06 Jun 2024 09:54 #31 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Biden Economy
If illegal immigration is a net benefit to the economy, why did President Obama deport record numbers?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jun 2024 10:08 #32 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Biden Economy

FredHayek wrote: If illegal immigration is a net benefit to the economy, why did President Obama deport record numbers?

Wow. A conservative giving credit to a Democrat! An admission that Obama did something you approve of! Will wonders never cease.

06 Jun 2024 10:17 #33 by FredHayek
You infer too much. I just asked a question.

I support expanding legal immigration and even making it easier to come to the US.
I do not support the flights of undocumented asylum seekers that Team Biden is still allowing happen at taxpayer expense.

06 Jun 2024 10:38 #34 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: I support expanding legal immigration and even making it easier to come to the US.

I agree. How can we make that happen?

06 Jun 2024 14:32 #35 by FredHayek
Great question. I suspect part of the issue with legal immigration is that lawyers make money getting people through the system. So they don't mind the process staying slow and troublesome. Makes their services seem more necessary.

06 Jun 2024 15:26 #36 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Biden Economy

koobookie wrote:

FredHayek wrote: I support expanding legal immigration and even making it easier to come to the US.

I agree. How can we make that happen?

Easy, Vote for Trump.

06 Jun 2024 15:39 #37 by koobookie
Nah. I'm not gonna vote for a convicted felon.

Interesting how if you are a felon, you can't serve in the military, but you can be commander in chief of the military. Doesn't quite seem right, does it.

Also, if Donny the Criminal does get probation as his sentence, which is likely, then he can't associate with other felons.

Just for the record.....
Donald Trump was charged, convicted, and is awaiting sentencing.

Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, was charged, convicted, and sentenced to prison.

Trump’s former campaign vice chairman, Rick Gates, was charged, convicted, and sentenced to prison.

Trump’s former personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, was charged, convicted, and sentenced to prison.

Trump’s former adviser and former campaign aide, Roger Stone, was charged, convicted, and sentenced to prison.

Trump’s former adviser and former White House aide Peter Navarro, was charged, convicted, and is currently in prison.

Trump’s former campaign adviser, George Papadopoulos, was charged, convicted, and sentenced to prison.

The Trump Organization’s former CFO, Allen Weisselberg, was charged, convicted, and sentenced to prison.

Trump’s former White House national security advisor, Michael Flynn, was charged and convicted.

Trump’s former chief strategist, Steve Bannon, was charged with wire fraud and money laundering, in addition to a conviction in a contempt case similar to Navarro’s. He’s currently awaiting sentencing.

Though he was later acquitted at trial, Trump’s former inaugural committee chair, Tom Barrack, was charged with illegally lobbying Trump on behalf of a foreign government. (Elliot Broidy was the vice chair of Trump’s inaugural committee, and he found himself at the center of multiple controversies, and also pled guilty to federal charges related to illegal lobbying.)

Two lawyers associated with Trump’s post-defeat efforts, Kenneth Chesebro and Sidney Powell, have pleaded guilty to election-related crimes.

Wow. How is Donny the Felon ever going to get anything done when so many of his associates are felons? For a guy who has convinced people that is is for law & order, he sure is around a lot of criminals. Himself included.

09 Jun 2024 07:56 #38 by FredHayek

Attachments:

10 Jun 2024 11:16 #39 by FredHayek

Remember when President Biden said he would only be a one term president?

Attachments:

10 Jun 2024 11:44 #40 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Remember when President Biden said he would only be a one term president?

So, in one thread you say it's a-okay for Supreme Court Justices to "change their minds" about R v W being settled law.

Yet in this thread, you infer that Biden should not change his mind about running for a second term. Hmmmm.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds