ALITO'S AUDCIOUS AUDIO

10 Jun 2024 13:58 #1 by homeagain
www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-f...e-battle-1235036470/

Justice Samuel Alito spoke candidly about the ideological battle between the left and the right — discussing the difficulty of living “peacefully” with ideological opponents in the face of “fundamental” differences that “can’t be compromised.” He endorsed what his interlocutor described as a necessary fight to “return our country to a place of godliness.” And Alito offered a blunt assessment of how America’s polarization will ultimately be resolved: “One side or the other is going to win.”

Alito made these remarks in conversation at the Supreme Court Historical Society’s annual dinner on June 3, a function that is known to right-wing activists as an opportunity to buttonhole Supreme Court justices. His comments were recorded by Lauren Windsor, a liberal documentary filmmaker. Windsor attended the dinner as a dues-paying member of the society under her real name, along with a colleague. She asked questions of the justice as though she were a religious conservative.

The justice’s unguarded comments highlight the degree to which Alito makes little effort to present himself as a neutral umpire calling judicial balls and strikes, but rather as a partisan member of a hard-right judicial faction that’s empowered to make life-altering decisions for every American.

The recording, which was provided exclusively to Rolling Stone, captures Windsor approaching Alito at the event and reminding him that they spoke at the same function the year before, when she asked him a question about political polarization. In the intervening year, she tells the justice, her views on the matter had changed. “I don’t know that we can negotiate with the left in the way that needs to happen for the polarization to end,” Windsor says. “I think that it’s a matter of, like, winning.”

“I think you’re probably right,” Alito replies. “On one side or the other — one side or the other is going to win. I don’t know. I mean, there can be a way of working — a way of living together peacefully, but it’s difficult, you know, because there are differences on fundamental things that really can’t be compromised. They really can’t be compromised. So it’s not like you are going to split the difference.”

separation of church and state??? NOT ON ALITO'S AGENDA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2024 14:35 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic ALITO'S AUDCIOUS AUDIO
You are actually using Rolling Stone as a source? Please! Seen how many millions they have had to pay in the past for running unvetted news stories about Duke lacrosse? The false accusations ruined dozens of lives.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Jun 2024 14:45 #3 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic ALITO'S AUDCIOUS AUDIO
www.npr.org/2006/06/19/5494824/media-pos...ge-role-in-duke-case

HOCHBERG: In Durham, the media torrent has been relentless. For more than 50 straight days this spring, stories about the case appeared on the front page of either the Durham Herald-Sun or the Raleigh News & Observer, two local newspapers fighting a circulation war.

The national press wasn't far behind; and in the first days of the investigation,
District Attorney Mike Nifong granted dozens of interviews, expressing certainty a rape occurred, and, at one point, referring to the Duke players as hooligans.

University of North Carolina law professor Eric Muller, a former federal prosecutor, calls the early posturing in the case extreme.

OH PLEASE, IT WAS A MASS MEDIA EVENT, STARTING LOCALLY ( BOLDED)

10 Jun 2024 21:33 #4 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: www.npr.org/2006/06/19/5494824/media-pos...ge-role-in-duke-case

HOCHBERG: In Durham, the media torrent has been relentless. For more than 50 straight days this spring, stories about the case appeared on the front page of either the Durham Herald-Sun or the Raleigh News & Observer, two local newspapers fighting a circulation war.

The national press wasn't far behind; and in the first days of the investigation,
District Attorney Mike Nifong granted dozens of interviews, expressing certainty a rape occurred, and, at one point, referring to the Duke players as hooligans.

University of North Carolina law professor Eric Muller, a former federal prosecutor, calls the early posturing in the case extreme.

So stop trusting the media! They love to create fiction to sell papers and magazines. Circulation numbers are more important than the innocent accused.

11 Jun 2024 07:06 #5 by homeagain
www.thedailybeast.com/samuel-alitos-wife...-in-secret-recording

Martha-Ann Alito, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito, complained about the Pride flag, ranted about “feminazis,” and explained a flag design that she has been creating in her head in anticipation of when her husband is “free of this nonsense,” according to undercover audio released by a journalist and documentary filmmaker Monday on X.

“I want a Sacred Heart of Jesus flag, because I have to look across the lagoon at the Pride flag for the next month,” Alito griped at one point.

Alito’s comments were recorded undercover June 3 at the Supreme Court Historical Society’s annual dinner by Lauren Windsor, who was playing the role of a conservative activist.

Just hours earlier on Monday, Windsor posted another secretly recorded conversation she had had at the dinner with Alito’s husband. That audio was obtained and published by Rolling Stone. In his comments, the embattled jurist described “fundamental” differences between the left and right-wing that “can’t be compromised,” and expressed a desire to “return our country to a place of godliness.”

Samuel Alito Gets Remarkably Candid in Secret Audio Clip

‘CAN’T BE COMPROMISED’

ANOTHER AUDIO, and ANOTHER zealot of the hard right,religious sector.....BEWARE of bold actions from the SCOTUS.....your rights r at a tipping point.

11 Jun 2024 09:46 #6 by FredHayek
Rolling Stone uses secret recordings for an attack piece. Good to know their journalistic ethics are still absent.
Especially when the interviewer mispresented themselves.

11 Jun 2024 09:54 #7 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic ALITO'S AUDCIOUS AUDIO
So the right are partisan zealots but the leftist judges are just fine and have no opinions that those of us in the right would consider to be radical? Guess it’s time to pack the court with more leftist judges… right?

As Obama said, “elections have consequences”. Let the people pick their leaders and let those leaders pick the judges. Every judge on that court is a radical in someone’s eyes.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 Jun 2024 12:01 #8 by homeagain
Have I not stated many,many times..THE FOURTH TURNING IS HERE. (non fiction book)

NOW, let me add a metaphysical book. copyright 1987, ''questioning masses,POLITICAL CHURCH ACTIONS,REPRESSION FROM CERTAIN RELIGIOUS SECTS,MORE RELIGIOUS SECTS GOING TO COURT TO FORCE THEIR PERSONAL RESTRICTIONS ON THE GENERAL PUBLIC." the book is an indigenous perspective of what was/is to come...(1987 copyright)......there r 10 phases of revolution,we r at about number 7......8,9, r scary as it gets.... 10 is PEACE, Total equality among mankind and GAIA IS
THRIVING. (I do not think i will be on this planet when that occurs)

11 Jun 2024 13:40 #9 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic ALITO'S AUDCIOUS AUDIO

homeagain wrote: www.npr.org/2006/06/19/5494824/media-pos...ge-role-in-duke-case

H

The national press wasn't far behind; and in the first days of the investigation,[/b] District Attorney Mike Nifong granted dozens of interviews, expressing certainty a rape occurred, and, at one point, referring to the Duke players as hooligans.

Nifong was disbarred and criminally convicted for his conduct in prosecution of this case.

(IMO He thought he could further his career because this case promoted the left wing meme of systemic racism. Just like the persecutions of Trump.)

11 Jun 2024 19:50 - 11 Jun 2024 19:51 #10 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic ALITO'S AUDCIOUS AUDIO
So, HA, do you know that that rag you referenced did what your leftists do all the time and left out many words that would change the context? Kinda like when your worthless shit stained media decided to omit Trump telling the crowd to march peacefully to the capital.

Ask yourself why they do this... why can't they tell you everything he said, even if some of his words go against what you want to hear?

Lauren Windsor: I am very pro-life. But like, you know, I don't know how we can bridge that gap.

Alito: "I wish I knew. I wish I knew. It's not, I don't think it's something we can do"

Lauren Windsor: "But what can the... but the court can't do anything to..."

Alito: "We have a very defined role, and we need to do what we;re supposed to do"

He's telling that trash bag that the SC court has a defined role, and it's not to force anything on the public that is not the roll of the court.

If you don't want to hear or read full quotes, then continue getting your garbage from garbage rags like this... it will just put you in the "ill-informed" category that you recently mentioned.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds