ALITO'S AUDCIOUS AUDIO

12 Jun 2024 13:41 - 12 Jun 2024 13:42 #21 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic ALITO'S AUDCIOUS AUDIO
Here's an interesting analysis on the situation.

There is a case to be made for what Windsor did. Yes, she was dishonest in presenting herself as a conservative Catholic and secretly recording their answers. But she does not claim to be a journalist. Should we then judge her by journalistic standards? And what about all the journalistic institutions that ran with her findings? Did not every major mainstream media outlet, including The New York Times, publish the information she recorded whether or not they had heard the full recording themselves and knew what she did or did not include? So it seems perhaps a little hypocritical for journalists to denounce her when their organizations are making money off her work — even if we describe her as a liberal activist and filmmaker.

What Windsor discovered does not tell me as much as ProPublica and The New York Times have about the secrecy and shocking lack of ethics in the Supreme Court. And they both did it without any deception. But she did make me think Alito is even farther to the religious right than I thought. And that matters to me as a citizen, especially as it relates to reproductive rights and other matters before the court.

www.cnn.com/2024/06/12/opinions/secret-a...g-zurawik/index.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: homeagain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jun 2024 14:29 #22 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic ALITO'S AUDCIOUS AUDIO
firstamendment.mtsu.edu/article/1797-treaty-of-tripoli/

The U.S. Constitution does not mention God, the first clause of the First Amendment forbids Congress from adopting any laws tending to the “establishment of religion,” and 19th century efforts to adopt an amendment specifically acknowledging God failed. ver, some contemporary politicians have argued that the United States is a “Christian nation.” Although some are simply highlighting the fact that a majority of Americans identify with a Christian denomination, others use the “Christian nation” belief to encourage legislation to enforce what they perceive to be Christian religious beliefs.

One document that is sometimes used to counter this argument is a treaty that representatives of the United States entered into with Tripoli in 1796. The Senate ratified the treaty and John Adams signed it the next year. The treaty was an unsuccessful attempt (the U.S. went to war over this issue during the

THE UNITED STATES IS,IN NO SENSE,FOUNDED UPON THE CHRISTIAN DOCTRINE. (PER AN ARTICLE IN THE TREATY OF TRIPOLI........1797 CIRCA

tHE CHRISTIAN HARD RIGHT is like a cartel ....(and the tapes,as provided,r concrete proof....like it or not.
u r dealing with religious terrorists.....So, my take is ....light a candle in an otherwise dark room and expose
the TRUTH.....sometimes THAT requires extraordinary acts and courage.

12 Jun 2024 14:38 #23 by homeagain
SENECA......Religion is regarded by the common people as true,by the wise as false and by the RULERS, AS USEFUL.....TAKE THAT IN AND SIT WITH IT FOR AWHILE....

16 Jun 2024 10:08 #24 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: Have I not stated many,many times..THE FOURTH TURNING IS HERE. (non fiction book)

NOW, let me add a metaphysical book. copyright 1987, ''questioning masses,POLITICAL CHURCH ACTIONS,REPRESSION FROM CERTAIN RELIGIOUS SECTS,MORE RELIGIOUS SECTS GOING TO COURT TO FORCE THEIR PERSONAL RESTRICTIONS ON THE GENERAL PUBLIC." the book is an indigenous perspective of what was/is to come...(1987 copyright)......there r 10 phases of revolution,we r at about number 7......8,9, r scary as it gets.... 10 is PEACE, Total equality among mankind and GAIA IS
THRIVING. (I do not think i will be on this planet when that occurs)

FOR FREEZERMAN....WHO MUST HAVE MISSED THIS MESSAGE.

17 Jun 2024 08:42 #25 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic ALITO'S AUDCIOUS AUDIO
Predictions are not facts.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

17 Jun 2024 13:58 #26 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic ALITO'S AUDCIOUS AUDIO
The Left's religion? Secularism. And the Biden Administration fully intermingles government with secularists.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Jun 2024 14:13 #27 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic ALITO'S AUDCIOUS AUDIO

FredHayek wrote: The Left's religion? Secularism. And the Biden Administration fully intermingles government with secularists.

Secularism is not a religion.
oxfordre.com/politics/display/10.1093/ac...-9780190228637-e-898

At its most elementary level, secularism is nothing more than the separation of church and state. This entails a commitment to a principle of neutrality by the state toward matters involving religion in public life. Thus, the state cannot favor or disfavor any particular religion or belief over another.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds