Presidential Election 2024!

26 Aug 2024 11:54 #101 by FredHayek
So you vote for the candidate?

I haven't really voted for a candidate since Perot. I actually more likely to vote against a candidate. We know what we are getting after fifty years. We know where the parties line up. For example, how much of the Biden Administration is actually Joe Biden? 10%?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Aug 2024 12:29 #102 by koobookie
Deeds over words. Okay.

I'm going to vote for the candidate that doesn't incite an insurrection against the government.

I'm going to vote for the candidate that hasn't raped anybody, or sexually assaulted anyone.

I'm going to vote for the candidate that has prosecuted felons, not the felon.

I'm going to vote for the candidate that hasn't embezzled funds from a children's cancer charity.

I'm going to vote for the candidate that hasn't been found guilty of fraud.

I'm going to vote for the candidate that tries to unite the country instead of dividing and belittling the citizens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyJazzer

26 Aug 2024 14:31 #103 by FredHayek
I am going to vote for the candidate that wants to unite America?

Democrats like to spout that, especially President Obama. He will say that in the first half of his speech and then rip on conservative politicians the second half of his speech. 8 don't think he understands what it means to unite. And of course the liberal press refuses to call out his contradictions.

26 Aug 2024 14:53 #104 by LadyJazzer
And, I'm going to vote for the candidate that believes in allowing ALL Americans, (and specifically women) the right to decide what they can do with their own bodies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: koobookie

26 Aug 2024 15:12 #105 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: I am going to vote for the candidate that wants to unite America?

Democrats like to spout that, especially President Obama. He will say that in the first half of his speech and then rip on conservative politicians the second half of his speech. 8 don't think he understands what it means to unite. And of course the liberal press refuses to call out his contradictions.

Exactly how did Obama divide America? Be specific.

Trump did more to divide us than any other president in history. Name calling, lies, etc. He did his best to make us all feel "us versus them", calling out people that he didn't agree with as enemies, calling the press the enemy of the people, etc. Geeez, Fred, were you asleep for the four years he was in office?

Again, what media sources are the "liberal press?" Name them. List them. Show examples.

26 Aug 2024 19:21 #106 by FredHayek

LadyJazzer wrote: And, I'm going to vote for the candidate that believes in allowing ALL Americans, (and specifically women) the right to decide what they can do with their own bodies.

Unless it wants to force a dangerous mRNA vaccine on you?

26 Aug 2024 19:23 #107 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote:

FredHayek wrote: I am going to vote for the candidate that wants to unite America?

Exactly how did Obama divide America? Be specific.

Trump did more to divide us than any other president in history. Name calling, lies, etc. He did his best to make us all feel "us versus them", calling out people that he didn't agree with as enemies, calling the press the enemy of the people, etc. Geeez, Fred, were you asleep for the four years he was in office?

Again, what media sources are the "liberal press?" Name them. List them. Show examples.

Liberal press? Anyone you trust to get your news from.

26 Aug 2024 22:00 #108 by FredHayek

Attachments:

27 Aug 2024 08:40 #109 by FredHayek

The longer Kamala Harris runs, the more she becomes palatable. Her three years as Border Czar have shown here the best way to stop illegal immigration is a wall.

Attachments:

27 Aug 2024 08:48 #110 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Her three years as Border Czar have shown here the best way to stop illegal immigration is a wall.

So interesting that you continue to spout Republican talking points. She was never "border czar," but go ahead and continue spreading another lie.

www.reuters.com/world/us/republicans-cal...plicated-2024-07-30/

WASHINGTON, July 30 - Vice President Kamala Harris, tasked to deal with the root causes of migration from Central America as illegal border crossings were rising in 2021, immediately ran into the enormity of the mission.
The region is riddled with corrupt government officials, the drivers of migration are deeply rooted in economic inequality and social factors - and she didn't control the border.
"She was given a very hard, difficult, convoluted portfolio," said U.S. Senator Chris Murphy, a Democrat on the Foreign Relations Committee and an architect of a bipartisan border security bill introduced earlier this year.
At campaign rallies and in social media posts, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has intensified his attacks on Harris as a failed "border czar," especially now that she has emerged as the likely Democratic nominee after President Joe Biden ended his campaign for reelection this month.

Read for yourself, but if you did, then you'd stop spreading that lie.

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds