The Many Lies of Harris/Walz and their Media

12 Aug 2024 19:22 #1 by Rick
Do I need to list them or should we drop this absurd notion that politicians on the left don't lie. I would say the quality of the lie matters the most. The biggest lies come from the media who are supposed to be our lie detectors. Show me the biggest and most consequential lie Trump ever told and I will challenge the lie with those made by the media and the two Democrats trying to rule this country.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Aug 2024 19:49 #2 by FredHayek
All politicians lie.

But the media refuses to call them lies, prefers using euphemisms like misspoke when Democrats do it.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 Aug 2024 08:22 #3 by koobookie
30,000+ lies while in office, Fred. That's Trump's track record. How can you trust a man who lies that much? He's cheated on every wife he's had. How can you say that he's not going to screw you? Trump has no integrity and everyone knows it, yet you choose to overlook it because..... Why? Because he has an R after his name?

And hey, Rick, since you are yet again whining about the media, why don't you list all your sources, one by one. Then list the journalists that you trust, the ones you go to to get your daily talking points. List their names. Show us what are your actual sources.

13 Aug 2024 08:24 #4 by koobookie

Rick wrote: Do I need to list them or should we drop this absurd notion that politicians on the left don't lie. I would say the quality of the lie matters the most. The biggest lies come from the media who are supposed to be our lie detectors. Show me the biggest and most consequential lie Trump ever told and I will challenge the lie with those made by the media and the two Democrats trying to rule this country.

162 lies in 64 minutes, Rick. One every 24 seconds.

www.npr.org/2024/08/11/nx-s1-5070566/trump-news-conference

13 Aug 2024 09:47 #5 by Rick
Does it matter to you when Harris and Walz lie or is your outrage only for Trump? This thread is about Harris/Walz because you already started a similar thread about Trump. Are you going to talk about Trump on this thread and completely ignore the topic? That’s pretty weak if that’s your plan.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

13 Aug 2024 10:05 #6 by koobookie
So, you're going to vote for a man that lied over 30,000 times while he was president. Got it.

14 Aug 2024 07:53 #7 by Rick
What you fail to understand, is that I’m not voting for a man for who he is, I’m voting for a man because of what he has to do to save this country from the leftist insanity you seem to want. It’s really that simple. Every policy the Democrats want, I want the opposite. They want an open border and I want it slammed shut. They want to eliminate oil and gas (or severely limit it), and I want the US to grow the oil and gas business exponentially to bring down all costs for all Americans. I want us to stop dumping our money into the wars of other countries and I’d like the US to stop bending over for our enemies, like Iran and China.

The list is way too long to list, but it’s basically just reversing as much of the leftist damage as possible. You can talk all day about Trump’s supposed lies while ignoring all the lies you’re being told by your side, but that’s just noise. It always comes down to which direction you want the country to go and who is willing to change the direction.

Try debating the actual policies once in a while. If you know what you’re voting for, it’s not that difficult, although it is more difficult than focusing on one man that seems to haunt your dreams and who occupies your mind 24/7.

George Orwell

14 Aug 2024 08:37 #8 by koobookie
Liberals do not want open borders. That's a lie.

They do not want to totally eliminate oil and gas. Another lie. They want to reduce it and move on to alternative energy sources. In fact, oil & gas drilling has expanded under Biden, so, another lie you've been told.

Supporting other countries in their efforts to thwart dictators is defending our country. You don't seem to understand foreign policy.

You will be voting for a man with no conscience, and man that is a convicted felon, a convicted rapist, convicted of fraud, who has cheated on all three of his wives. He can't be trusted on anything, but you want to give this guy the reins to the country?

14 Aug 2024 08:59 #9 by FredHayek
BS! Both parties want millions of illegal immigrants. Republicans want to take advantage of them in the workplace. Democrats need a new Underclass coming in to vote for them. And they need them paying taxes, doing gardening, working in construction.

Government is a Ponzi scheme. To fund Social Security and Medicare, you need more workers than retirees. With a negative birth rate, you need to import more workers. The Biden Administration is literally flying in amnesty applicants. The Boston Marathon Bomber Brothers? They came in as amnesty migrants. (No good deed goes unpunished?)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Aug 2024 09:16 #10 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: BS! Both parties want millions of illegal immigrants. Republicans want to take advantage of them in the workplace. Democrats need a new Underclass coming in to vote for them. And they need them paying taxes, doing gardening, working in construction.

Government is a Ponzi scheme. To fund Social Security and Medicare, you need more workers than retirees. With a negative birth rate, you need to import more workers. The Biden Administration is literally flying in amnesty applicants. The Boston Marathon Bomber Brothers? They came in as amnesty migrants. (No good deed goes unpunished?)

There is a difference between illegal entry and legal entry into the country. Migrant workers, who are here legally, are necessary for our economy. And please remember, Fred, that immigrants who are not citizens cannot vote in federal elections.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds