Sec. of State Settles Election Claims

24 Aug 2010 15:35 #1 by Nmysys
To be fair, I am posting the apparent results of a meeting with Wayne Munster from the Secretary of State's office, at the Park County Clerk's Office in Fairplay this morning. Mr. Munster and two of his Associates chaired a meeting with the Park County Elections officials, being Debra Green and Susan Balicki, and addressed all questions relating to the recent primary election, and it appears that everything was done properly by all concerned with it. Questions by a few concerned citizens were addressed and explained.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Aug 2010 10:55 #2 by mama bear
Thank you for the follow-up, Nmysys.

25 Aug 2010 11:01 #3 by Nmysys
Seeing as how Thank Yous are in such short supply as of late, I want to acknowledge yours. You are most welcome, Ma'am!!!

25 Aug 2010 12:36 #4 by ColoradoXprss
Thanks Nmysys appreciate the update. As of yesterday afternoon per my checking, and double checking the SOS website and calling Park County Clerks Office my ballot still could not be accounted for. Still waiting for another call from Park County Clerks Office to explain what happened to my ballot and my VOTE. Was even told by the Park County Clerks Office and I'm quoting, "it appears that there were issues at the Crow Hill Voting Center (firestation) and none of the provisional ballots that were submitted can be brought up on the Secretary of States Website for verification as being counted".

25 Aug 2010 12:39 #5 by mama bear
Something doesn't smell right in Denver! (or, in PC for that matter)

25 Aug 2010 12:42 #6 by ColoradoXprss
Hasn't for many, many, many years now; has it? :-)

25 Aug 2010 12:57 #7 by V_A

ColoradoXprss wrote: Thanks Nmysys appreciate the update. As of yesterday afternoon per my checking, and double checking the SOS website and calling Park County Clerks Office my ballot still could not be accounted for. Still waiting for another call from Park County Clerks Office to explain what happened to my ballot and my VOTE. Was even told by the Park County Clerks Office and I'm quoting, "it appears that there were issues at the Crow Hill Voting Center (firestation) and none of the provisional ballots that were submitted can be brought up on the Secretary of States Website for verification as being counted".

That would be disturbing. Nmysys, did the meeting cover topics such as COxpress issue?

25 Aug 2010 13:18 #8 by Nmysys
My posting was designed to be quite vague actually because the meeting seemed strangely contrived, as the S.O.S, people spent a while in Debra Green's office before coming out and addressing our concerns. There were no allegations made by anyone just questions, though one person had actually sent a complaint to the S.O.S. office, which resulted in the meeting.

I guess all claims were addressed, though I, for one, had a hard time following some of the explanations. For instance, the S.O.S. people didn't seem at all alarmed when Debra Green stated that the ballot box in Fairplay was left ajar in order to enable the people to deposit their ballots, saying that the opening was too small to accommodate the new ballots. Didn't sound to me, as if the 6 P's were in place. (Prior Planning Prevents, Piss, Poor, Performance)

25 Aug 2010 13:30 #9 by Nmysys
I received a PM telling me that part of her explanation,that I apparently missed, was that she thought the Old Ballot Box looked neat because it was glass topped, therefore she used it. This came from someone else who was in attendance at the meeting.

Again,I am not making any allegations of wrongdoing, just updating those who were not in attendance.

25 Aug 2010 16:04 #10 by LadyJazzer
So, I take it this means that the totals, as published, are correct:

Sheriff............ Votes
Fred Wegener.... 1,526
Michael Graves..... 738

And all this alleged silliness about "ghost ballots" and "election tampering" can now be laid to rest?

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds