Do you think it is OK for law enforcement to.....

12 May 2010 11:26 #1 by The Viking
Just wondered what rights you think an officer has when he stops you for another offense. And remember, in any other nation you visit you must always show papers of some sort when entering and always if you are stopped for another offense while in that country.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 May 2010 11:56 #2 by The Viking
And on that question, would it be OK for me to tell the officer the next time I get pulled over, No Habla Ingles and refuse to show any ID? Or can only people who look Hispanic do that and then scream racism if they are asked. And then start protests all over the country because they are asked to do the same thing that any American is asked to do when stopped for another offense. Show ID.

23 May 2010 20:12 #3 by Lonewolf Field Services HVAC
I marked all of the above, but they're going to have to catch me first.....

23 May 2010 20:14 #4 by The Viking

bootlegger wrote: I marked all of the above, but they're going to have to catch me first.....

Thanks for posting on this. I forgot about it. It is interesting that someone out there does not think it is OK to ask if you are an American citizen. If that person would like to answer. Are they OK with other countries asking you if you where you are from and if you are visiting or a citizen and for paperwork to prove it when you visit there?

23 May 2010 20:36 #5 by Lonewolf Field Services HVAC
Try going through Europe without papers, you won't make it very far.....

23 May 2010 20:45 #6 by JMC

bootlegger wrote: Try going through Europe without papers, you won't make it very far.....

We're better than Europe, more free, more diverse,and provide more rights. You guys hate when we try and act like Europe. Just political convenience? We are a nation of immigrants not an indigenous bunch of inbreds like most European countries.

This the ring right?

23 May 2010 22:25 #7 by The Viking

JMC wrote:

bootlegger wrote: Try going through Europe without papers, you won't make it very far.....

We're better than Europe, more free, more diverse,and provide more rights. You guys hate when we try and act like Europe. Just political convenience? We are a nation of immigrants not an indigenous bunch of inbreds like most European countries.

This the ring right?

No it's not in the ring yet but may move there. SO let me ask you this. Are we still a nation of laws? And should ALL people lving in this country have to abide by the same laws? Or do some get a pass since they made it over here breaking our law. Do we just overlook that and say sorry to the ones who are still waiting in line to get in. But you guys were suckers for believing that obeying the law in our coutry will get you here faster. You should just run across the border and we will forgive you, give you a job, healthcare, housing assistance, food and an education as a reward for not following out laws in coming to the country.

23 May 2010 22:27 #8 by The Viking

JMC wrote:

This the ring right?

And another question pertaining to that. Should we just have open borders? And what should we do with people who come across illegally?

24 May 2010 03:36 #9 by Rockdoc

bootlegger wrote: I marked all of the above, but they're going to have to catch me first.....

LOL Your Avatar apparently reflects your comment. It looks like a labor of love.

Back on topic. As far as I'm concerned they can ask me anything they want. I may not like it but I will answer IF I ever did anything.

Thank goodness I no longer drive fast. The NY state police knew me well in my youth. lol

24 May 2010 06:29 #10 by LopingAlong
Viking, I've always wondered what would happen if we had open borders. I personally think that it could be a very good thing. I believe that when we, as humans, figure out that sharing, helping, working together and pooling rescources that we have a snowball's chance to get along.

My other theory though, is that since we are The Apex predator, we need war to control our own population...

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds