Do you think it is OK for law enforcement to.....

24 May 2010 06:35 #11 by LopingAlong
I should ammend to add that open borders doesn't mean a free-for-all. As long as we have countries with different political views and leaders, we need to maintain that separatedness. Proper paperwork, etc. Maybe not so different as it is now, but with a lean toward invitation and less pushing away. Have you gone to Canada lately? Sheesh! Those border patrols have changed so much, it's unreal. The old days--drive up, show your license, drive through with a nod and a wave. Now. License, Passport, no more smiling and nodding and the 20 questions about where you're going and why.
Maybe I'd like to see it more along the lines of stopping at the border, quick check, go through unless something found. Dogs sniffing is a good way to find illegal paraphanalia. Like when I transport horses across state lines--the want to see the animal's papers, but I get to go through. Minor inconvenience and a way to track for disease, etc. Not sure I said that right, only one cuppa so far today.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 May 2010 07:31 #12 by JMC

The Viking wrote:

JMC wrote:

bootlegger wrote: Try going through Europe without papers, you won't make it very far.....

We're better than Europe, more free, more diverse,and provide more rights. You guys hate when we try and act like Europe. Just political convenience? We are a nation of immigrants not an indigenous bunch of inbreds like most European countries.

This the ring right?

And another question pertaining to that. Should we just have open borders? And what should we do with people who come across illegally?

Our legal immigration laws need to be revamped, that would solve most of the problem. I have an old friend that owns a construction company in SoCal and he has gotten rich using 70% illegals. And he makes you look like Dennis Kucinich he's so conservative. Huge fines and even jail time for employers that hire illegals would be more effective and cheaper than militarizing the border cities. Our immigration laws are family based,relatives here make it easier to become legal, it should be needs and skill based. Canada has a great policy on that and a web site that changes daily showing skills their businesses need, then people from everywhere can apply

24 May 2010 08:33 #13 by I am Woman
It might help if immigration procedures were a little easier but I don't have any sympathy for illegal aliens. I think all levels of law enforcement should be able to question every single person they come in contact with and immediately detain suspected illegals until their identity can be confirmed and then immediately deport the illegals. No exceptions. Come here legally or don't come here at all.

24 May 2010 10:04 #14 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Do you think it is OK for law enforcement to.....

I am Woman wrote: I think all levels of law enforcement should be able to question every single person they come in contact with

I think you might feel more comfortable living in North Korea

24 May 2010 10:14 #15 by conifermtman
All illegal aliens are lawbreakers by definition. If someone breaks into your house are you going to let them get away with it? Yet our lack of enforcement of immigration allows illegals to steal our national treasure. All illegals should be sent to jail and deported. The people who hire illegals should be thrown in jail as well.

Just because we are better than Europe does not mean we allow ourselves to be taken advantage by people who broke the law entering this country.

24 May 2010 10:17 #16 by The Viking
And other than, 'we are better than Europe', does any of the 4 who have voted that we should not ask about citizenship think it is OK for other countries to ask you when you are in their country about your citizenship status or for a passport? And if so, then why should America be the only country who does not question the people who come across our borders?

24 May 2010 10:21 #17 by conifermtman
Some people just have a naive understanding on how the world works.

24 May 2010 10:22 #18 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Do you think it is OK for law enforcement to.....

conifermtman wrote: All illegal aliens are lawbreakers by definition. If someone breaks into your house are you going to let them get away with it? Yet our lack of enforcement of immigration allows illegals to steal our national treasure. All illegals should be sent to jail and deported. country.

Don't compare visa overstayers to home invaders..Ridiculous

And by any measure except for maybe the weather, we are not better than Europe. It's just a lot easier to swim across the Rio Grande than it is to swim across the Atlantic ocean.

24 May 2010 10:23 #19 by UNDER MODERATION

conifermtman wrote: Some people just have a naive understanding on how the world works.

Thats what i'm getting from this thread as well..A bunch of immature, knee jerk, emotional reactions from people that fear people that are a little different.

24 May 2010 10:27 #20 by The Viking

Vice Lord wrote:

conifermtman wrote: Some people just have a naive understanding on how the world works.

Thats what i'm getting from this thread as well..A bunch of immature, knee jerk, emotional reactions from people that fear people that are a little different.

Who fears people that are different? I haven't gotten that from this thread at all. As I have staed before, I was engaged to a lady from Mexico so the color of a persons skin makes no difference to me in this discussion at all. What do you think should happen to those who came here illegally? And do you think it is OK to ask them for ID and if they are citizens? And I am trying to figure out your post. Are you saying people who want to uphold the law are immature?

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds