Do you think it is OK for law enforcement to.....

24 May 2010 10:33 #21 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Do you think it is OK for law enforcement to.....

The Viking wrote: And other than, 'we are better than Europe', does any of the 4 who have voted that we should not ask about citizenship think it is OK for other countries to ask you when you are in their country about your citizenship status or for a passport? And if so, then why should America be the only country who does not question the people who come across our borders?

I've been all over the mid east from Dubai, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia and was never asked for my papers, not once..And those are supposedly oppressive societies- evidently not as oppressive as you people want ours to be..

You guys are talking like fascists, can't you see that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 May 2010 10:36 #22 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Do you think it is OK for law enforcement to.....

The Viking wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

conifermtman wrote: Some people just have a naive understanding on how the world works.

Thats what i'm getting from this thread as well..A bunch of immature, knee jerk, emotional reactions from people that fear people that are a little different.

Who fears people that are different? I haven't gotten that from this thread at all. As I have staed before, I was engaged to a lady from Mexico so the color of a persons skin makes no difference to me in this discussion at all. What do you think should happen to those who came here illegally? And do you think it is OK to ask them for ID and if they are citizens? And I am trying to figure out your post. Are you saying people who want to uphold the law are immature?

Corporate America runs this country, and corporate America loves cheap labor. Lets take our country back from corporate America because they only come here for the jobs

24 May 2010 10:40 #23 by The Viking

Vice Lord wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

conifermtman wrote: Some people just have a naive understanding on how the world works.

Thats what i'm getting from this thread as well..A bunch of immature, knee jerk, emotional reactions from people that fear people that are a little different.

Who fears people that are different? I haven't gotten that from this thread at all. As I have staed before, I was engaged to a lady from Mexico so the color of a persons skin makes no difference to me in this discussion at all. What do you think should happen to those who came here illegally? And do you think it is OK to ask them for ID and if they are citizens? And I am trying to figure out your post. Are you saying people who want to uphold the law are immature?

Corporate America runs this country, and corporate America loves cheap labor. Lets take our country back from corporate America because they only come here for the jobs

I agree. The first piece of legistlation that needs to be passed is huge fines and penalties for companies who are found employing anyone here illegally. That will put a huge stop to a lot of this. Then those who didn't leave because they couldn't find work can be deported so we don't have to keep supporting them. That would free up millions of jobs for legal Americans to take. And in this economy, those jobs will be filled!

24 May 2010 10:45 #24 by conifermtman

Vice Lord wrote:

conifermtman wrote: All illegal aliens are lawbreakers by definition. If someone breaks into your house are you going to let them get away with it? Yet our lack of enforcement of immigration allows illegals to steal our national treasure. All illegals should be sent to jail and deported. country.

Don't compare visa overstayers to home invaders..Ridiculous

And by any measure except for maybe the weather, we are not better than Europe. It's just a lot easier to swim across the Rio Grande than it is to swim across the Atlantic ocean.

That is bull. If you overstay your visa by one day you are here illegally and need to go back where you came from.

24 May 2010 10:47 #25 by conifermtman

Vice Lord wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

So what. If you are here illegally you deserve to be punished and deported. Companies that hire illegals also deserve to be punished.

24 May 2010 10:49 #26 by UNDER MODERATION

conifermtman wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

So what. If you are here illegally you deserve to be punished and deported. Companies that hire illegals also deserve to be punished.

Yeah and if you get caught jaywalking you should be locked in a cage too...

And I know you see yourself as a freedom lover don't you? So did all the Germans in 1938

24 May 2010 10:50 #27 by UNDER MODERATION

The Viking wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

I agree. The first piece of legistlation that needs to be passed is huge fines and penalties for companies who are found employing anyone here illegally. That will put a huge stop to a lot of this.

High five buddy!

24 May 2010 10:55 #28 by The Viking

Vice Lord wrote:

conifermtman wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

Yeah and if you get caught jaywalking you should be locked in a cage too...

And I know you see yourself as a freedom lover don't you? So did all the Germans in 1938

So answer me this. If you are caught in another nation illegally with no passport or legal ID. Do you think they have the right to send you back to the US or arrest you? Or should you just be able to walk into any country without checking in with anyone?

24 May 2010 10:57 #29 by The Viking

Vice Lord wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

I agree. The first piece of legistlation that needs to be passed is huge fines and penalties for companies who are found employing anyone here illegally. That will put a huge stop to a lot of this.

High five buddy!

I think most of America agrees on this issue.

24 May 2010 10:59 #30 by UNDER MODERATION
We found a little piece of common ground here my friend

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds