Poverty Increases Under Obama

12 Sep 2010 22:08 #21 by Wayne Harrison
Careful, some will call you anti-American or say you hate America for expressing that Asia view.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Sep 2010 00:43 #22 by Spykster

Wayne Harrison wrote: Nmysys, I believe your "sharing the information" may be a copyright violation. You can't just take the entire text of an article and repost it, particularly since you didn't even give the SOURCE of the article, or a link. I appears to be an AP article and they are VERY picky about copyright infringement.

You going to snitch on Nmysys ? If not, why bring it up? So very many people do it here, pinescum, and all over the planet...

13 Sep 2010 06:57 #23 by Wayne Harrison
Just don't want the website getting into trouble over someone violating copyright. But I guess you're okay with someone stealing someone else's work and not giving them credit, if you're defending them.

AP, as I said is picky, and they actively look for copyright violations.

13 Sep 2010 07:05 #24 by Nmysys
Wayne:

One last time, I pointed out that the words: copy, print, e-mail, and share were at the bottom of the article. Is that a copyright infringement?

Why continue to beat the dead horse? Oh, to cover up where you couldn't argue over the basic point of our sinking further below the poverty level. I see!

13 Sep 2010 07:15 #25 by Wayne Harrison
I was responding to Spykster's post to me. I didn't bring it up again. I've been accused of not answering direct questions.

And to answer your question, posting an entire article is a copyright infringment, yes, even with a link. The share link usually sends someone the link, not the entire article.

I already answered the point about the economy under Obama. It would be the same under any president.

13 Sep 2010 07:18 #26 by Wayne Harrison

Nmysys wrote: I copied this from a Fox News Article. There is absolutely nothing anywhere on FoxNews saying that I cannot share that information.

It was on the Front Page News. In Fact, FYI it says right at the bottom of the article, copy, e-mail, print, or share!!!

Now I not only get attacked but policed, by my critics. Nice try Wayne.

guess you didn't see this at the bottom of EVERY Fox News page:

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. © 2010 FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved.

13 Sep 2010 08:06 #27 by BearMtnHIB

Back on topic. I think we are going to see more poverty and I don't believe it is mostly Obama's fault. The developing world is catching up with us, w/o not only cheap labor but also developing their own innovations. Just like Japan and Europe started rebounding from WWII in the 1960's, this next century is Asia's to take.

I do think that Obama has fault here. It's the policy that the White House sets and the Congress acts on that affects all Americans. For years before the Obama era - we heard progressives address the problems of inequity around the world with the notion that we Americans were arrogant and excessive in our use of resources and wealth creation.

It is the deliberate intention of this progressive movement to "even the scale" of poverty and inequity - and the most notible method of doing so does not include bringing the rest of the world up to our standard. It is highly publicised as part of the left movement that if we were to do so- we would destroy the world if it were to live like America does.

This only leaves one acceptable option for the lefties - bring the standard of living and the condition of the American down to the level we see in other parts of the world.

I contend that Obama and the liberals in Congress are actually more successful than we give them credit for. They have indeed - with their policies - brought down the standard of living for the average American. They are doing exactly what they have said needs to be done - not bring up the standard for everyone - but bring down our arrogant American standard.

Obama and Pelosi should get the credit for this - because their policy does make a difference. They can give lip service to the "creation of jobs" and "helping the less fortunate" - all the while instituting policy that undermines the middle class - bringing us in line with the long stated goal of a "world of equality."

I hold them accountable for their actions - and I think Americans are on to them now too.

They are more successful than we give them credit for.

13 Sep 2010 08:11 #28 by Nmysys
Thank you BearMtn for expressing it so well!

13 Sep 2010 09:00 #29 by FredHayek
Good point Bear. The Enviro-Lefties should be praying for the poverty to increase. Poor people don't build Gore-style mansions nor can they afford big SUV's. (Or expensive Prius & Volts, or alternative energy.)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 Sep 2010 11:11 #30 by Spykster

Wayne Harrison wrote: Just don't want the website getting into trouble over someone violating copyright. But I guess you're okay with someone stealing someone else's work and not giving them credit, if you're defending them.

AP, as I said is picky, and they actively look for copyright violations.

No Wayne, just wanted to stick a pin in you...hehehe good fun, old chap...hehehe :wave: But, given the millions of times a day it happens, unless YOU tell AP, they'll never know... :VeryScared:

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds